Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, August 14th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 AM

Good Morning All,

Relatively cool but heavy / humid air this morning. Patches of fog and low hanging clouds on the way to work.

Wicked weather early afternoon yesterday. The weatherman forecasted a 40% chance of rain. NOT! There was a solid line of thunderstorms hundreds of miles long. I was driving across town for a meeting when it hit (luckily had my old car, not the bike). Traffic almost stopped on I-565 because the rain was so heavy; wipers couldn't keep up with the volume of water.

Space and Missile Defense Conference being held at the Von Braun Center the next few days. I'll head over in a little while to cruise the big exhibitor hall. I usually run into a few old buddies from my Army days.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Good Morning All,

Wicked weather early afternoon yesterday. The weatherman forecasted a 40% chance of rain. NOT! There was a solid line of thunderstorms hundreds of miles long. I was driving across town for a meeting when it hit (luckily had my old car, not the bike). Traffic almost stopped on I-565 because the rain was so heavy; wipers couldn't keep up with the volume of water.
WOW! very lucky you weren't on the bike!! haha

Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everybody!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
WOW! very lucky you weren't on the bike!! haha
Yeah, big time. The only reason I didn't ride was because I had to get dressed up for the meeting. Sometimes I'll ride even when wearing a suit (riding gear on, coat stowed in top case); but it was my first time meeting with these folks and didn't want to risk looking rumpled when I arrived, so I took the car.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:54 AM

Capabilities for a Global Threat
Integrating Joint and Coalition Space & Missile Defense
Capabilities to Enable Warfighters

Hi `Dave, I would love to `go, but they won't release me from the SpaceCoast of Florida It should be a very interesting conference & I hope we continue to produce the defense weapons to protect our country...
EnJoy your experience & please post what you are permitted to reveal..
=======================================
Hi `Chris, enjoy your day off & I hope you get done, what you have to get done
=========================================
Hi `Angie, enjoy your good weather & hopefully a good escape in your Monte Carlo
========================================
Good Morn'in Lou (Taz) & Mod Michael Wish you & member's a great new day to live/love & `be happy
========================================
Hi `Mitch, wish you a E.Z. work day & E.Z. move help'n
`Jessica...(ps. glad U got some `gas 4 your ride)

Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Goodmorning everyone! got offered an apprenticeship/detailer position about a month ago, filled out all the paper work, now just waiting for them to call me and get me in there learning! Can't wait!! I want to get into car body and paint, but mostly paint work. Really looking forward to this and I hope they hurry up! I'm so sick of working in my step uncles pizza shop, he's so rude and mean. Ugh!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-ash

Old 08-14-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Goodmorning everyone! got offered an apprenticeship/detailer position about a month ago, filled out all the paper work, now just waiting for them to call me and get me in there learning! Can't wait!! I want to get into car body and paint, but mostly paint work. Really looking forward to this and I hope they hurry up! I'm so sick of working in my step uncles pizza shop, he's so rude and mean. Ugh!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-ash
Hi `Ash,
Keep bug'in them & let them know U really want the `job..
Also, tell them you want to get that SuperCharged Monte S.S. that you just looked at
Wish you the best on getting that `job, but don't give `up 4-Sure...

It sucks to work at a place U aren't happy, but it's still better then no job @ `all until you get a `job that pays you for something you would like to `do...Wish U the best 4-Sure

Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning all, well it is almost afternoon. Been a little MIA again lately but all will be normal soon. Have a great day.
By the way Space, Hunter has been a great helper.....
Member Brenden was texting me about buying my car.. Had to chat with his Dad he said.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp
Good Morning all, well it is almost afternoon. Been a little MIA again lately but all will be normal soon. Have a great day.
By the way Space, Hunter has been a great helper.....
Member Brenden was texting me about buying my car.. Had to chat with his Dad he said.

Hi `Jerry, we understand you have a lot going on in your life with you recent investments...It's great to read that `Hunter has been a great helper & I love to see a father & son working & bonding 2gether..The experience he is getting will help him in his future.

I hope that Brendan & his father can work out a deal.
Look forward to your updates

Oh, what is back to normal ? I'm still try'in 2 figure `out what normal `is ? I've never been normal (LOL)
Good luck on your new investment & selling your Monte to a lucky new owner...I wish it was `me

Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey ya'll!
Well we have been talking about it all week!
im finally off to SONIC! alright!! haha
yum!!
Hope everyones having a great day!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, August 14th 2012