Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, 8/27/13 > CHECK`IN <

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI

That's a challenger in its self for me...just to get it ready for the show...

Hi `David, I understand 4-Sure, we can only `do, what we can only `do.
I think the key is to always try to do our best...I want to `do a lot of things I can't do, but I keep trying...I hope Mother Nature changes her mind & give your sunshine, & that your body gives you no pains...
Whatever you `do > EnJoy your Journey of Life

Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Space!

Most everyday activities are a challenge for me for sure...lol

As much a s I enjoy my Monte.... It seems to get tougher everyday to maintain it both inside as well as out.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Its suppose to rain here on Saturday... after getting the Monte cleaned up for the show... I hate to think I will be driving in the rain to get there and try to get it back to spotless before the show!
Dave, the car is going to get dirty (mostly road dust) from that far of a trip anyway. Hell, my car got somewhat dirty just driving the 80 miles up to Lansing both times. Nothing a good car duster can't take care of, but still you're going to have that. Obviously rain will make it ten times worse so hope you don't have to deal with that. I think you'll be okay Saturday; the forecast for SE Michigan is showing isolated t-storms (30% chance) right now, so not horrible.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Zen

Hoping everything goes smooth Space.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 AM

Hi David, do you have any kids in the neighborhood that like cars & would help you keep your Monte Clean...

The beachbum's & I would make a few extra $'s washing all of the senior citizens rides in our beach bum family...My grandfather had taught us how to wash & detail cars/trucks etc & we had fun doing it & learning about all types of rides. We would also do minor maintenance like oil/filter changes/fluid checks, tire pressures etc...

I know all of the bum's loved cars & we'd put on some tunes & have fun & make some extra $'s...I don't know it this will work for you, but it's just a suggestion to maybe make things easier for you...
Good Luck
===================================
Oh, Maybe there's a young lady that would like to earn some extra $'s.........washing your Monte/MotorHome etc

Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

whoa what a soapy mess! I'll let her wash my car any time..

So....yesterday I have been given a android phone from a friend to creep around on wifi at work and stuff instead of lugging my massive laptop around. He didn't need it, and it was given to him so it sat there being useless. I..feel so high tech now.

Busy photo day today! got 35 out of the 250something photos from a sunday car show...it will never stop!!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

That's a Great suggestion Space.

Unfortunately, I live in an Older neighborhood...That is to say most of my neighbors are my age or older. Not many "Kids" running around here that are car enthusiasts . I do have 1 neighbor that helps me out from time to time. whether its yard work, or helping me wash our 3 vehicles...But not very often... He's generally quite busy.... And the there Robert across the street that takes care of some/most of my mechanical needs.. He does have a fulltime job as a mechanic obviously...Lol But generally he trys to help meout after work when I need it... So, Im pretty much on my own when it comes to detailing out my rides...

Old 08-27-2013, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
whoa what a soapy mess! I'll let her wash my car any time..

!
LoL `Jen, I had to read that twice b-4 I got it...I'm running low on space fuel this morning (LoL)...I'd also let her wash my car, but I don't think I could afford `it >

It great that you have a friend that `gives & shares...High Tech 4-Sure...Look 4ward to viewing your pic's...
Wish you a Super Day > EnJoy
=======================
Hi `David, you should check with organizations or even a police officer or people that work with kids to see `if they have a kid that needs a few dollars to help someone.. They are out there & you could be a Big Brother & help a young person in life...There's sure a lot out there that need help & guidance. It could be good 4 U & to them.
Just another Space thought It's hard 4 me to shut off my mind 4-Sure

Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Hey space!
I have a Dr. appointment at 2pm, Getting an ultra sound to see if i have any more stones hiding in my kidneys.
After that i gotta go to the office and get my transfer papers all straightened out!

How about you any plans for today?
Good luck Devin!

Originally Posted by Space

Oh, Maybe there's a young lady that would like to earn some extra $'s.........washing your Monte/MotorHome etc
I think we found two new moderators for MCF. Would you argue with them?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I think we found two new moderators for MCF. Would you argue with them?
Hi Mr Taz > `Lou,
Yes, I've already emailed them a application & told them they could wash & use your Dale Jr Monte Carlo..Oh, they also need a place to stay until they get settled in your area. I told them that you had a new home & would welcome them to your home (with certain conditions)..
One said she didn't know how to use a computer, but I told her that you would teach her everything...

I will be getting back to you so that you can interview them for the position as a MCF Mod or work in the MCF `Lounge

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, 8/27/13 > CHECK`IN <