Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, 12-06-11 < Click & Post <

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE

Speaking of making an effort, this is the time of year that food banks and shelters are in need of donations the most. Believe it or not, a single can of food, a warm blanket/clothing/jacket or a toy can make a world of difference is someone's life. I know we are all struggling with the economy the way it is, but there are many out there that are worse off. Any donations you can make to your local food bank or shelter will be greatly appreciated by someone. If you have a little extra time volunteer your services. The significance, value and importance of your actions will become evident when you see the thankful relief in the eyes of a parent knowing they will have a decent meal on the table for their family, or the sparkle and joy in a child's eye when they receive a new toy.

Hope everyone makes a good one of it today.

Thank You `Mike for your words & your very important message above.. I hope that our member's take the time to read & consider that they to can bring joy in2 someones life. It's people like you that make it a better world 4 `all.
I hope your good actions are contagious 4-Sure

Thanks for your post(s) & contributions 2 the MCF & to all that you help in life to make it better!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning just fired up my puter at work. A quick hello and I have to get back at it! so HELLO!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

HOLY CRAP! Man it's COLD here 4 above this morning. My poor Monte is RED. But not this morning it wasn't. The whole car was White. Thank God for remote starters and heated leather seats Brrrrr. Then on the way home while talking t a friend on the phone !!!! A warning comes up on the dash. LOW left rear tire Oh sh**. I pull over to check it out. Hell it looks as same as the other one. Check to tire pressure on the dash. the left rear is 2 lbs lower then the rest. MMMMM! I check it again after I get some sleep and its daylight & i hope warmmer. 10 more working days left at work . Before I quit for this yr. YAHOoooooooooo. OK time for some coffee . Later gators

Old 12-06-2011, 07:34 AM

Morning All,

Stormy night. Woke up at about 4am to loud thunder / pouring rain. Most of the storms are through the area now. But rain will continue throughout the day. High temp's only in the 40's the next few days.

Busy day at work. Need more coffee. Java java java...

Have a great day, everyone.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick it must have been all that talk about air compressors yesterday.lol
Mike(03SSLE) I know the feeling my wife and I have friends we have helped many times. One that we even kept her kids for a week when she need it. Bought food for others, fixed there cars and even helped them move. They all always seem to look the other way when we need something. It will all come back in the end tho and I know Ive done all I can to help people out.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Morning MCF'ers - I'm having a super happy day here cuz yesterday a package I've been waiting for finally arrived. It's a special shirt from an organization in a northern state where it's really cold now. Hope they have more shirts to keep warm with. Mike, thanks for reminding everyone of the needs of food banks and shelters at this time of year. Can anyone here even imagine what it would be like to sleep on a piece of cardboard outside when the temperature is 4*??? Here in St. Louis our churches make it so easy to help homeless people - we bake casseroles once a month and the church transports them to the city's largest homeless shelter. My church alone feeds 450 people every day. Other members might investigate ways in their communities to do something like this. It's inexpensive, fast and easy to do. Have a great day everybody.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Damn its cold out here!!! 27 Degree's in California is freezing...LOL

I hope you're all staying warm out there.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Possum
Here in St. Louis our churches make it so easy to help homeless people - we bake casseroles once a month and the church transports them to the city's largest homeless shelter. My church alone feeds 450 people every day.
450?? That's awesome, Angie! I wish we could get more people at our church actively involved with community service projects like that.

Our small group from church helped at a local homeless shelter last Thanksgiving. It was quite an experience. It was shocking to see how many single Moms w/little kids were living there. The shelter provides job hunting / skills development services as well as providing food / shelter. It was amazing to see what they can do with just a few dollars. Though I can't help there in person very often, my wife and I now donate to that shelter regularly.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by MAMONTE

Damn its cold out here!!! 27 Degree's in California is freezing...LOL
27 degrees is below freezing everywhere.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, 12-06-11 < Click & Post <