Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

true friends

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Default true friends

after a series of events today i have lost my "best friend". we have been friends since 6th grade and were always in competition with eachother to get better grades bla bla. so anyhow we have always been 2 peas in a pod until about junior year when he got into the popular crowd n we started to drift apart. but then again we started hanging out again and we did lots of stuff. then we went to college and spoke alot like friends would do. but he became an *** hole and kept showing me up and being better than me. he got a monte and sold it then i got a monte and his was "much nicer" notheing i ever did was as good as he. so we got in a fight and didnt speak for two weeks last year. my dumbass decided oh well its ok. well today apparently i rubbed it in his face that i have life so good. even tho i did not. then i got pissed off cus his life is just as good if not better. i work for what i have while all his stuff is really mommy and daddys. so long story short i called him an ******* and told him off.

so now i have been thinking what is a true friend? post your opinions here.

i actually feel that alot of people on here are better "friends" than alot of people that i know in person.
and im sorry for this bit of a rant but it feels good to do it

Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: true friends

I've had some rounds with my best friend over the years. We've been friends since the 5th grade, that was roughly 28 yrs ago. At one point we didn't speak for a year - she started hanging out with some punks that got her in trouble. We were able to get past that when she finally came to her senses. We're having a little trouble now too, she's considering divorce, which IMO would be the best thing for all involved but there are some other issues that go with it and we aren't seeing eye-to-eye on that. It's ulimately her decision but I'll end up the shoulder if it goes bad yet again, but if she needs meI'llbe thereBECAUSE I KNOW if I ever need her, she will be there for me.
You asked what a "true" friend is, IMO, that is what a true friend is. You're not perfect and neither are they but when times are bad would you be there for that person and would they be there for you? If the answer is yes to both - then I'd say they're a true friend. If the answer is no, then move on. Only you can decide what that person means to you. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 AM

[align=center]Hi `Adam & Members,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Short Story by `Space ~>Oh No [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]The definition of True Friends is difficult to put into words,[/align][align=center]but I believe you know in your mind & heartwhen you have a best friend or friends.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Background infor on the development of True`FriendShips[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I have been blessed with many, and they are more precious then `gold 4-Sure.We may not have many worldly possessions, but we haveeach other, and I would not trade any of my friends.The Beach Bums, & I are all throw away kids[/align][align=center]that were dumped by their parents and placed with a elderly[/align][align=center]relative. I personally never met my mother, or know who my father is.?My mother SunShinedumped me `off @ my grandfather`s when I was only a few weeks old and has never returned. I was a bad baby : ) and kid : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My grandfather became my best friend and mentor. I love him as much as `life itself. He taught and lead by example.[/align][align=center]The Bums and I have been together almost 16 years, or since we were around 5 years old. One of the bums is my girlfriend[/align][align=center](the only girl of the BeachBums : ), we have been 2gether now for 16 years, and hopefully for the rest of our life on planet earth : ). She is mysoul-mate, mytrue friend, she is part of me. We all have lived in a small community/village[/align][align=center]on a barrier island in the Atlantic Ocean,with the majority being elderly. The total population is about 250 people, and 6 young people.[/align][align=center][8D][&:][][/align][align=center]The BeachBums : ). [/align][align=center]We were all home-schooled by my g/father and his senior citizen friends from all walks of life, professions, race, color and creeds.[/align][align=center]They taught `us life`s lessons from their hearts, their experiences in life.[/align][align=center]We were taught, just not by books, but by the examples of the seniors in our life. We know their complete life`s histories.[/align][align=center]We were taught `if we wanted anything in thislife, that we[/align][align=center]were going to have to give `up to get `it...No free rides in life.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We admit, and know that we are waydifferent then the rest of kids our age. Well, I am not really a kid anymore, I turned 21 a few months ago. None of us had every been out of the state of Florida, and seldom got out of the county or the beach wherewe lived. Last month the Bums and I got jobs in Kuwait, but I had to return to the states when my g/fatherhad a stroke. The Bums are still there, and I miss them dearly. We are constantly in contact and they may return `if the company is sold. There has been a major void since we departed My girlfriend,is thankfully here with me helping me take care of my grandfather. (He is improving, thanks 2the SuperDude of `all : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The web has brought so much into our life, and learning about life around our World, &So has the MCF 4 Sure.[/align][align=center]I know that we are all way different then the rest, but we have learned to make the most of each day. We have learned to [/align][align=center]enjoy the `Now, the present, because each day is a present 4-Sure, but wealso have learned toprepare for our futures.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think the key to being a true friend is to be the best you can be, and always speak true words, and walk your talk.[/align][align=center]Loyalty to me is one of the main ingredients to a true friendship.[/align][align=center]A few quotes that contains my belief's[/align][align=center]
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."
"Your friend is theperson who knows all about you, and still likes you."

"I get by with a little help from my friends."
- John Lennon

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
- Bible: Ecclesiastes

"Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends."

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
-Benjamin Disraeli

"I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow."

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
-Goethe

Adam & Members, I could fill the pages of our forum on how much I value the friends in my `life.

I hope that my posts gives you some idea of what `Kid Space
thinks of a true `Friend. I look forward to see what other
members post. I keep learning as I travel this journey called
`Life. I wish you, and the reader True Friends and happiness
as your travel your `journey's. Remember the `journey is so much better `if you own and drive the AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/95FA026BFD24446080D87A3125972B02.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/49AF88CDA5D3486FBD6F246FC2F86502.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-10-2009, 10:19 AM

to me a true friend is one that can tell you what you dont want to hear but need to hear.

or

a good friend will come and bail you out, while a best friend will be sitting with you saying that was one hell of a night.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM

[align=center]Below is a revision of `James Taylor song You've Got a Friend.[/align][align=center]My g/p used 2 sing it all the time, and now the bums & I `sing his songs[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]U got a `Friend[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]When you`re down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Just`click onthe MCF
[/align][align=center]And soonwe will be there
To brighten `up your Monte Carlo `Life.

You justtypeout ourname,
And you know wherever U R
We'llbe posting, oh yeah member
Tohelp you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do isclick `on
Andwe`ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds [X(]
And that old north wind should begin to blow [X(]
Keep your head together andtype out ourname And soonwe`llbeposting onyour thread.
You justtype outourname and you know where ever we are
We`llbe postingto help you again.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you got to do is call
And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, aint it good to know that you've got a friend?
People can be so cold. [:@][X(]
They'll hurt you and desert you.[:@][X(]
[/align][align=center]and leave you empty along the road.
Well they'll take yourMonte if you let them.[]
Oh yeah, but dont you let them.

You justtype out ourname (MCF)and you know wherever we are.We`ll come running tohelp you again.
Oh Member, dont you know that,
Winter spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all you've got to do is post.
And,We`ll be there, yeswe will.
You've got a friend,
[/align][align=center]yes
You've got a friend.
Aint it good to know you've got a friend.
You've got friends on the MCF
[/align][align=center](ok sing it again : )[/align][align=center][:-][:-][/align][align=center]From your Web `Friends,[/align][align=center]Space & the `Bums[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]Luke, good words/post 4-Sure[/align][align=center][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/3287103CC6C84ED39E14FD702C630FB3.jpg[/IMG]
[:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/8A383E541D5842BC961C80D397409D7F.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:33 PM

[align=center]Click below `if you want to hear James Taylor`s[/align][align=center]You`ve Got a Friend[/align][align=center]EnJoy[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vY1peG8gHQ[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]When we were little (like Yesterday : ), we would sitaround afire @ night[/align][align=center]on the Beach, and my grandfather would play his guitar,[/align][align=center]and we would sing late into the night.[/align][align=center]Thosewere special times, that I hope returns again. [/align][align=center]Wish you`the Reader of this, many `True Friends 4-Sure[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:55 PM

[align=center]What is a Good Friend?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click link below 2 find out [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.reachout.com.au/default.asp?ti=2794[/align]

Old 02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space, just a little info.

A very talented lade named Carol King wrote the song "You've Got A Friend" that's been covered by many artists. Including Rod (the bod) Stewart.

If you find a copy of Carol King's 1972 album Tapestry you'll find the one time she sangthe song she wrote. She's noted for writing hit songs for other artists back in the early 1960s.

I had a friend who we met when we were 2 years old. We lived across the street from each other for many years. I was always his best friend when someone else to play with wasn't around. Our families even vacationed together.

My friend & I both got in to drugs as teenagers. He would go off and party with other friends and leave me setting at home with no wheels. I on the other hand was expected to include him with my other friends any time we did something.

This is the way things went through out our lives. I even got him a job at the tool & die shop we used to work at cause my mother prompted me to do it. At this particular time our moms were both workingat another company together.

After I got fired from this job due to a work related injury,we drifted apart even more.

Heck, when we were working at the tool & die shop I got my friend in to ice skating three times a week. I skated for several years.

But fast forward to today. I haven't seen this guy for years. The last time I heard of him, he won't come out of the house due to his weight. I see his parents from time to time but I haven't seen him for a long time.

So my story is the other side of the spectrum.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

RJ, sounds like that was a one-way friendship, you were the friend and he was nothing but a user.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Becky, I felt that way a few times over the years.

Whenever we were around other guys our age I suddenly became the butt of his jokes. Whenever it was just him & I then I always knew he wanted to be "Buds."

My older sisters were instramental in grinding it in my head how I treated this friend of mine when I didn't want him over. But they weren't present when he decided to make me the short end of something he wanted to make fun of. They never saw this side of him.

Quick Reply: true friends