Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Today really sucked I was in an accident.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

They should let you buy it back for a small amount. My truck was totalled and so were two of my son's Hondas. They just deduct it from what they would give you. The most we had deducted to buy back was was $300. One of my son's Hondas only cost us $70 but he had $300 worth of race seats, plus an expensive radio and exhaust system. If we wouldn't have bought it back, the insurance company would've took everything except personal belongings left in the car.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:25 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I know I would be really really mad. that just breaks my heart and it ain't my car. good luck with everything and glad you are ok. got to show us the new ride when you can.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by dustybird3
They should let you buy it back for a small amount. My truck was totalled and so were two of my son's Hondas. They just deduct it from what they would give you. The most we had deducted to buy back was was $300. One of my son's Hondas only cost us $70 but he had $300 worth of race seats, plus an expensive radio and exhaust system. If we wouldn't have bought it back, the insurance company would've took everything except personal belongings left in the car.
I know the car is worth more in parts than whole but they wouldn't let me buy it back the shop where it was at asked me if they let me buy it back could they buy it from me.They were still going to try and fix it and I just wanna part it out. My interior was perfect it looked brand new.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by jeff2425
I am sorry for your loss. I know I would be really really mad. that just breaks my heart and it ain't my car. good luck with everything and glad you are ok. got to show us the new ride when you can.
I will do that hopefully all goes well tomorrow it's pretty much between this one blue one i've seen and about 5 black ones

Old 03-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by Taz
Hopefully getting another car won't cost you too much money out of your pocket. If any.

On the bright side, it gives you a chance to customize another car. Maybe do something(s) a little different from what you did to your 2004.

I don't know if you plan on keeping the 05 the original color; seeing as you seem to like grey/silver. But the blue on the 6th gen Montes is a really nice color. Especially in sunlight.
I'm going to put my hid's on it have my grill repainted put my radio and a new set of led taillights on and new chrome strip on trunk new 3rd brake light decal and yes i'm putting 4's on this one.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 PM

WOW!! Sorry to hear and see that about your monte. I was in a similar crash with my 06 and I also had front damage from the person that I hit from being hit from behind. It totalled out to be a little over 8K in damage but the car wasn't totalled. I was looking for it to get totalled to get an 06 SS but oh' well.

The thing I hate about crashes is the sound of the crash. Also its the worst feeling in the world cause you feel very vulnerable to your surroundings, like something else might hit you.

Hope everything works out for you.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SolowSS
I wish I could state farm wants the car in whole.My friends boss told me the insurance company will only let you keep the car if it's 9 years or older so I can't take anything off the car that came with it well i did take the factory amp but that was it.And I know what the insurance company knows but they don't know I know that.I only owed 7,151.23 on the car it would cost 8,759.00 to fix it so they totaled it out and sent the info to state farm told them the car was in perfect condition which it was.So as long as they pay the bank the amount I owe for the car that's all that matters to me.I'm going tomorrow morning to look at an 05.
i don't think the insurance going to check what's missing under the hood. they just going to haul it off to the junk yard. if they ask just tell them the body shop probably took it lol.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 PM

dude i hate to say it but your probably totaled. im glad ur ok tho

Old 03-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by inssanity21
dude i hate to say it but your probably totaled. im glad ur ok tho
It was totaled out waiting to hear back from insurance and see what they are going to give me for pain and suffering and to take time off from work.If all goes well she will be replaced today but ill never forget her.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Must be different in different states because here you can get two different kinds of titles once a vehicle has been considered totalled. One is like any other title except if you sell it the person buying it will know it's been totalled. The other is a salvage title for vehicles deemed unsafe to ever be on the road again, you can not sell it as a whole but can part it out.

My truck had been totalled twice, once before I got it and then again several years after I got it. It had been rolled, we changed out the cab and fixed it up when I was a teen. Then I got t-boned and it bent the frame a tad, but I still have it, plan to fix her up again someday (79 Chevy stepside)

Doesn't make sense why they won't let you buy it back, all they are going to do with it is sell it for salvage anyway. Here they sell it back to the owner for what they would get selling it for salvage.

Good luck on the replacement.

Quick Reply: Today really sucked I was in an accident.