Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Today really sucked I was in an accident.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Arrow : (

Originally Posted by SolowSS
Thanks I hope so too.

`Bryan, I hope so too!
It made me sad to read your post this morning ,
and I hope that your injuries are not serious, and that you
recover from them.
Monte Carlo's can be repaired/replaced easier then human bodies
4-Sure.
Maybe it's time to replace and start searching for another
dream Monte Carlo.
Please keep us updated on yourself, & your Monte.
Good Luck from
Space & `Bums

Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad to hear you're gonna be okay.
If the car does get totalled out, see if your friend at the body shop will let you grab some of the stuff off the car. Like maybe grab the good LED tail light assembly on the right side.

If they'll let you, grab the spoiler off the trunk. There's lots of people looking to buy that style spoiler.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by Taz
Glad to hear you're gonna be okay.
If the car does get totalled out, see if your friend at the body shop will let you grab some of the stuff off the car. Like maybe grab the good LED tail light assembly on the right side.

If they'll let you, grab the spoiler off the trunk. There's lots of people looking to buy that style spoiler.
Way ahead of you I already though of that but he said state farm will come and get the car if it get's totaled.Cause I was just going to part the good parts and make some kinda money off of it and go and get another one.As for the taillight i'm keeping it just going to get another set and have an extra.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:13 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you're able to keep the wheels, let me know.

Good luck with this.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by rj
If you're able to keep the wheels, let me know.

Good luck with this.
It would be nice to keep them if they let me.But I don't think anyone would want them they need alittle work.After I took them off last year to put my rims on I stuck them in the shed and they had mud on them some how it got baked into the wheel I was going to take them and have them sandblasted and powder coated black.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Just call me Dubs

Just got off the phone with my friend he says it's not looking good and told me to come up there and he would help me take my stuff off the car.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

if the insurance company does total the car, you can get it back from them. i don't remember exactly how this works but basically they will let you keep the car instead of them taking it and junking it. they just make you sign something and it's yours. that way you can take anything you want off the car to sell it and junk the rest.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
if the insurance company does total the car, you can get it back from them. i don't remember exactly how this works but basically they will let you keep the car instead of them taking it and junking it. they just make you sign something and it's yours. that way you can take anything you want off the car to sell it and junk the rest.
Well according to my friend the insurance company will let you keep the car but he says they take money off of what they were going to give you back for letting you keep the car.It's offical they totaled my car my friend said they stopped at 8,000 said it was going to cost more than that to fix it.He said there was frame damage and it wouldn't be worth it to fix it.I'm going to a dealership tomorrow to check out an 05 SS supercharged in blue will see what happends.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

sorry about your ride. yesterday weather was kind of nice people are starting to drive like an ***, i'm scare to take my car to work too. i try to take side street when coming home from work. i'll take the alternator, foglights, and mounting brackets when you ready to sell the parts.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Sorry to hear about your car. Don't settle up with the insurance co until you find out how they calculate what the car was worth. I found out the hard way they low balled me. The 2nd time I got smart. I had to search the state and find 10 cars of equal year and equal value, from GM dealers, and use their prices for a 10 car average. Took me about an hour for an extra $1,500!

Find out how you can give them a figure of what YOU feel the car is worth.

Quick Reply: Today really sucked I was in an accident.