Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Tips to Stop a Car Thief

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Default RE: Tips to Stop a Car Thief

jeeze intimidator, where do you live? Detroit? Lol

Thats a huge amount of break-in attempts..

Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 AM

If you have to park outside overnight, try to park in a manner that would make it difficult (or impossible) for the car to be towed. With our cars, of course, that means protecting the front end.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hyperfox (Ian),
In the garage or not if they want it bad enough they will figure out a way.

The realtor woman who showed us a house about 10 days ago was telling me about how thieves stole her '70 Mach out of her garage. Theypulled the overheaddown, put the car in neutral, rolled it up the street she lives on and put it on a car trailor. She got it back but has to have all the locks re-keyed. They found the spare under the hood so just getting the car back wasn't enough.

I've heard of guys who park on the street between two vehicles. Thieves will bring wheel dollies like the go-jacks with them. Slip them around the tires, jack the wheel dollies, slide the car sideways and put it on a car trailor.

If they want my car they better bring a chain saw cause it's setting against the east wall in the barn.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Hyperfox (Ian),
In the garage or not if they want it bad enough they will figure out a way.

The realtor woman who showed us a house about 10 days ago was telling me about how thieves stole her '70 Mach out of her garage. Theypulled the overheaddown, put the car in neutral, rolled it up the street she lives on and put it on a car trailor. She got it back but has to have all the locks re-keyed. They found the spare under the hood so just getting the car back wasn't enough.

I've heard of guys who park on the street between two vehicles. Thieves will bring wheel dollies like the go-jacks with them. Slip them around the tires, jack the wheel dollies, slide the car sideways and put it on a car trailor.

If they want my car they better bring a chain saw cause it's setting against the east wall in the barn.

You're right - determined thieves can be very creative.Personally, I'm glad I live in a rural area. Even though I'm about 45 minutes from downtown Kansas City, the crooks leave us alone out here. They know that everyone in the "country" has guns and dogs, soas a general rule they steer clear.

Cops buy, sell and tradeguns amongst themselves all the time, so I have quite a collection after 30-years in the biz, as you can imagine. I also have two dogs at the moment, but onlyoneis a potential bad-***(the other is a Weimaraner female). Iftheives were to break into my garage, I would release the Teufel Hund.If thebad guys start to hurt him, or get the better of him,theycertainlywill not enjoy what happens next.
[sm=badidea.gif]