Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

tinting laws blow

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Default RE: tinting laws blow

you woulkd think that with the whole scare about global warming and rising tempatures they would incourage you to protect your self from the sun as much as possible.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:33 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: monteman05

you woulkd think that with the whole scare about global warming and rising tempatures they would incourage you to protect your self from the sun as much as possible.
lol, you'd think

Old 04-06-2008, 08:41 PM

Couch, in calgary its factory tint is legal on the front. If its aftermarket, you can't have any tint on the front windows, and the back three can be whatever you like. The reasoning behind this, from what i've been told, is so that if a pedestrian wants to cross the road, they can make eye contact with you, and know that you will stop. As well so any cop approaching your window can see if you have a weapon of sorts. If you have ever been pulled over, you'll notice that the cops will do pretty much a walkaround to check the passenegers and everything else.

I have 15% on the back, 35% up front and no cop has ever pulled me over. I even asked a cop if he would do anything about it, and he said that 99% of cops in calgary only pull you over for tinted fronts if they have had a crap day. Most will only pull you over if you speed or something of that sorts. And if you are dick to them, they will add a tint ticket on top.

However, just so you know couch, stay away from airdie, becuase there is a cop there that will give you ticket, and give you a razor blade to scratch the tint off on the spot.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 PM

Yeah,every year...both Monte`s....the Blazer they don`t ever test,even though I had the window`s tinted in it too.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:04 AM

In california you can tint all windows behind the driver as dark as you want, but the windows up front can only be 85% or higher.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:17 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Around here, you can have all the windows behind the driver as dark as you want, just like most of you guys. The driver's window and passenger window is more or less subject to the cop's disgression/mood. I've noticed they don't usually give you any problems unless you go darker than 30%.

Even though it shouldn't legally matter, it also seems to matter what you'redriving with tinted windows. A minivan or old-man-car can get away without being harassed for tint. But a sporty car, or an SUV that's all bling'ed out is more likely to get harassed for the tinting.

I find it kinda ironic that the local police have a number of unmarked cars with all the windows tinted so freakin dark, you can hardly see the driver on a bright sunlit day. I have to admit though, the one car they got looks pretty sweet. A murdered out Dodge Magnum with the Hemi engine. And it's got the racetrack pacecar-style light bar mounted to the roof just above the rear window. Wish I could get a pic, but it's hard to spot until it's right next to ya.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:00 AM

Michigan State Police have very few cars with tinted windows. Their Tahoes have stock tint, but the cars that do have tint are used in high profile cases where the suspect would need protection. I really like the new Traffic Management cars---slick top, black, black "state trooper" print on ONE side...yeah, they're sweet.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:57 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In IL you can't have ANY tint on the front side windows but on the back side windows and back window it can be as dark as limo tint. So if you buy a coupe it is a total waste of money here to get the windows titnted. They charge about double the cost here as if you were to go down south and get the same tint.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:11 PM

Heres a handy site tommypro showed me: www.tintlaws.com
For Ohio it's 50% on the front sides and any % on back sides and back.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: ThiRtY 800 SS

ORIGINAL: DEI Monte SS 04

Factory tint in New York is all that is street legal for pass cars Suv's different law.

i live in new york and your allowed to have tint on any vehicle, just a certain maximum allowance along with most of the other states... last time i checked any ways
correct which is like 70% which is what comes from factory except on the rears.

I got one, but is was more like over $100 for tint. Be glad it only cost you $57.

Quick Reply: tinting laws blow