Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

tinting laws blow

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Default tinting laws blow

got a ticket last week for having my driver/pass windows tinted. 57.00 is what the charge was. the crazy thing is i've been pulled over before without the cops noticing it.

i guess the bonus is the cop told me my gts taillight covers are ok and don't break any law.

i'm curious how strict tinting laws are in other provinces/states. anyone else get nailed with this kind of ticket?

Old 04-06-2008, 01:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: tinting laws blow

35% is the law in NC... and it may be in teh near future (rumor has it) tinted windows completly illegal in NC.

The cops are tired of not being able to see into peoples cars to see waht they are doing. Plus, inspection stations are letting alot of cars slide by with their tint. They are talking about settin up a new system where you get your car inspected, but they don't give yo uteh sticker.. they give you a slip of paper. Your inspection is due the same month as your license under this new plan (not yet, but under the new plan it would be), and the DMV comes out and checks your tint and your lights to make sure it's legal again, then they give you your sticker and your tags.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:11 PM

Factory tint in New York is all that is street legal for pass cars Suv's different law.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:20 PM

28% is the limit on the sides, and anything on the back here in Wyoming.

My 15 and 25 on the sides isn't legal, but I've never gotten any crap for it, they seem to be more concerned with my speed or lights...

Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Hi `Chad,
You sure have been feeding the traffic courts in your
area some $'s : (
Sure can hurt the Monte `Mod Fund : ( [X(][8D]
Wish you better luck...4 - $ure : )
[:-]
Below are state Tint Laws
for all `Member's.
I'm learn'in it pays to check/know the law,
and penalities
before you apply the film/or get cited
for an offense.[8D]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Automotive State Tint Laws
[/align]
Click below to view the current law chart:
State Law Chart (Excel Document)
State Law Chart (PDF File)
[You will need to download Acrobat Reader to open the PDF file]
International Window Film Association (IWFA)
P.O. Box 3871
Martinsville, VA 24115
Ph: 276-666-4932 Fax: 276-666-4933
E-mail:[email=laura@iwfa.com] Information@iwfa.com/]

Old 04-06-2008, 01:42 PM

20% sides, rear and back glass whatever u want in sc, or at least thats what the tint stores say

Old 04-06-2008, 02:55 PM

in MI the law is pretty specific. Here is how it reads: The law that covers window applications is MCL 257.709 . The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows. There is a limited exception for medical necessity with a doctor's prescription, which allows for tinting to be applied to the front side windows as well. Michigan does not have a specification for the darkness of the window application, but does prohibit applications with a solar reflectivity greater than 35%. I agree 100% with this law because it is about officer safety. Anyone can hide a gun, but people with dark tinted wndows can hide them easier...My father in law pissed and moaned about getting a ticket for his front windows (which were at 50%, full window) and I just told him if you don't want a ticket, don't break the law. lol.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:21 PM

And in North Carolina we pay around 10 bucks to have it tested each year. Just another fee/tax,ect.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You have to get your tint tested every year?

THAT sounds like a b.s. tax grab to me too.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: DEI Monte SS 04

Factory tint in New York is all that is street legal for pass cars Suv's different law.

i live in new york and your allowed to have tint on any vehicle, just a certain maximum allowance along with most of the other states... last time i checked any ways

Quick Reply: tinting laws blow