Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-> Thursday Member's BLOG: 9/24/09 EnJoy : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 PM

ROFL~ jj you are too much. Ryan.. EFF EM ALL! You know when kids get to be that age thye gotta start learning responsibility. how are you going to learn that if you get FIRED from a job that so totally wasn't even your fault?! That DOES affect your future employability you know. I think he shold be taken in front of the school board. You're old enough to work for n OWN your own car by the state, there is no law that he can put into place policy or not. He's encroaching on your freedoms.

Sorry. That rubbed me wrong.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

all i can say right now is FML...

Old 09-24-2009, 09:33 PM

Hey everyone I am back from a little nap.

Just to through a little school perspective at you guys. The only reason they could have a no driving policy is because of the liability if you get in a wreck going to a required location. If they require you to get their they have to provide the travel (federal busing law).

Now since I am in school to get my license to be a principal I see a few issues here. One is there adequate parking to handle all of the students? If so why is there not a waiver that would allow students to drive? Also I do know that another student could not legally ride with you without parent permission on both sides.

The above are Oregon law governed by insurance requirements and federal law.

Lastly none of the above would require the principal being an a$$ about it.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
all i can say right now is FML...

Whats going on Justin?

You ok?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 PM

Justin hope things are ok.

I am off to bed. No nyquil yet, but I am fading fast. See you guys tomorrow.

JJ stay strong things happen for a reason. Talk to you soon.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

take it easy man.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Teacher
Hey everyone I am back from a little nap.

Just to through a little school perspective at you guys. The only reason they could have a no driving policy is because of the liability if you get in a wreck going to a required location. If they require you to get their they have to provide the travel (federal busing law).

Now since I am in school to get my license to be a principal I see a few issues here. One is there adequate parking to handle all of the students? If so why is there not a waiver that would allow students to drive? Also I do know that another student could not legally ride with you without parent permission on both sides.

The above are Oregon law governed by insurance requirements and federal law.

Lastly none of the above would require the principal being an a$$ about it.
what you mentioned above is pretty much how things were when i was a sophmore, when we had our old principal at tech... there is plenty of parking, they had a liability waver that parents would sign, you give em a copy of insurance / registration / lisance plate #, & you get a pass to hang from your mirror.... the vo- tech has less students, so they do have plenty of spaces... and the students could "carpool" if they got written permission from both parents, and only seinors could drive... not anymore! they pulled the same liability card that you mention above, and it sucks, i got a saturday detention last year for hiching a ride up there with a friend when i missed the bus... the friend was on my emergency contact card as being able to give me a ride if needed... they didint care.... and this year is even worse, as i alwredy mentioned.... but that is some dang good info to know, todd. thanks!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:26 PM

Ryan it is not right, but a product of stupid lawsuits and companies that pay them out instead of squashing them in court.

If you ever have questions let me know. Sounds like the school needs an attitude adjustment.