Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, March 28th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 AM

Hi `Mike,
Wish you a safe trip to N.C. What car are you driving there ?
EnJoy your `Journey & I wish you good weather & a fun trip away from the cold & snow

Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

gooooood morning

Kinda nervous being face to face with my boss today...the last two days he's asked me to come into work on my days off. Didn't want to...alot needed to be done (such as swap my brakes and rotors, install the new idler pulley, give the car a full detail...CAI install...)
I know its cruel, he sounded a bit sick, but I need time to myself I have not had a day to myself in a while.... He's probably going to hate me.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Good morning MCF'ers - the sun's finally out and its getting warmer. Time to vacuum the Monte and get rid of all the crumbs two children leave behind! Hope everybody has a good day and a great Easter weekend....

Old 03-28-2013, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Mike:
Thanks for doing the morning blog.

Morning Space:
Nice to see you again today!
Wohoo 2 days in a row!

Suppose to be half way decent today outside...
Just might tinker with my new toy as well as possibly cleanout the Silverado before our trip up north for the Easter weekend at Lizzys sisters in Capac.

Hope EV1! has a Great day...

Possum:
Sounds like a crumby job...
Enjoy your day forsure!
Happy Vacuuming!
Coffee time...
Checkn in later in the day...

Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM

Bought $200 in various parts to start off the spring fix-er-up. Pair of wheel hubs, transmission filter + fluid, PS pressure hose, new brakes, oil pan gasket. I don't even want to think about all the work it's going to take to do everything

I also need a pair of new control arms, since one of them somehow has noticeably more surface rust than the other

I could have bought new shocks and struts if I didn't have to do all that other stuff. Oh well what's another month, I guess.

Anyone else also doing spring maintenance on their Montes?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Anyone else also doing spring maintenance on their Montes?
Last week I installed a reprogrammed PCM. This weekend (weather permitting) I'm rebuilding my calipers and installing new rotors/pads/hoses. Other projects on the Spring to-do list include replacing the sway bar bushings and undercoating.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all, been a few days since my last check in,

Just been working, since a few of us attended that osha compliance seminar i was assigned the task of getting more up to snuff,

Been working on that burnt dash vw, got the new harness in and realized i was missing a few conectors... Yep harness came out of a manual car.... So has to come back out....

Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Good Morning everyone.

Going to see Jim Breuer tonight! (comedian). Real excited he's real funny.
Then packing for New Hampshire this weekend for the reptile expo!

everyone have a great day!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning . We were waked by our daughter this morning. Since she's suppose to be working from home . She Skyped us as were laying in bed. We both looked at each other asking ??? What is that ???? As we jump up to see her on skype . So that was a nice surprise this early . We were up late last night till around 1 am. So we were going to sleep in !! But that didn't happen! So as we were running around getting things for our next project yesterday afternoon. I get a text from a friend saying that My Monte is in the running for MOTM !! WHAT THE !!!! I didn't even know that it was that time of the month yet ! . OOPS . So I want to THANK LOU for the the nod on that. Makes an old man feel good . As a matter of fact. My daughters always go over to our place and check out the house while were gone. Last weekend I asked one of them to take the cover off and send me a picture of it on her phone . And she DID!! Told her I miss my Monte a lot. So she made Dad feel good My kids all know that Dad is a little crazy when it comes to his Harley's & Hot Rods. Ok I'm taking up enough space on here. Better get off Before Space tells me My post are to long . MORNING SPACE . Ok off to the showers and more COFFEE

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, March 28th 2013