Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, July 5th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:51 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's ridiculous. I never violate common sense to support an invalid "Standard Operating Procedure." The first commendation that I ever got in the Army was for doing the "wrong" thing.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thats ridiculous. Fired for doing his job. What a world we live in

Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
I just wanted to share this before I go to bed...

Lifeguard fired for helping in beach rescue in Hallandale Beach - Sun Sentinel

I'm sure that 'Space will appreciate the article. Good night all.

Good Morning `Greg & Member's,
My first break of my night shift & checking in.

I admire that lifeguard that broke his company rules to save a life. I just heard on the radio that several of the other life guards quit their `jobs in support of the fired guard
I'd hire him for sure `if I needed a life guard.
<TABLE style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center itxtNodeId="709" itxtHarvested="0"><TBODY itxtNodeId="710" itxtHarvested="0"><TR title="Post 474820" vAlign=top itxtNodeId="730" itxtHarvested="0"><TD class=alt2 width=125 align=center itxtNodeId="734" itxtHarvested="0">MillerMonteSS</TD><TD class=alt1 itxtNodeId="733" itxtHarvested="0">It's ridiculous. I never violate common sense to support an invalid "Standard Operating Procedure." The first commendation that I ever got in the Army was for doing the "wrong" thing. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'd hire Sgt Miller `Greg if I needed a BodyGuard 4-Sure , but the USA has him on contract & I appreciate his service to our country I commend his actions to violate SOP's for valid reasons..Thank You Sergeant Miller
===========================================
Thanks `Mike(JG) for starting our day & `Blog
==================================
Hi `Chris, only 2 more days until Saturday Thanks for checking in
==========================================
Good Morning `Rick, Devin, Drew, Keane & Member's,
Wish everyone a great new `day ~> EnJoy

Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 AM

Wish everyone a Cool `Day & working a/c

How to read this map Severe Weather Outlook <!-- weeklyplannermaplink -->National Forecast

Old 07-05-2012, 06:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Morning all. I'm sure that the mans family and friends are thankful that this lifeguard "broke the rules". It is unfortunate he was fired. I would have done the same thing and I am on his side but I can understand the company's point of view too. If that guy dies because the lifeguard they employ was helping him they could be sued by the guys family. If someone else drowned in the lifeguards area they could be sued. Basically he is a liability and companies don't like liability's

Old 07-05-2012, 07:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning everyone: Hope everyone has a good day.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Good mornin' all.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:01 AM

Good Morning, `Lou, Rick, Seattle `Mike & Member's
Wish you a Super Day...

I just heard on the radio that the company is considering all the lifeguards can return to their `job...(I sure hope so 4-Sure) I understand the company liabilities, but there should be exceptions to all rules when it comes to saving a persons life

HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. -- Lifeguard Tomas Lopez helped save a drowning man and got fired for it.
The reason: He left the section of a south Florida beach his company is paid to patrol. The Orlando-based company, Jeff Ellis and Associates, says Lopez broke a company rule and could have put beachgoers in his section in jeopardy.
By the time Lopez arrived, witnesses had pulled the drowning man out of the water. Lopez and an off-duty nurse helped him until paramedics arrived. The victim survived and was hospitalized.
Afterward, Lopez was fired.
Two other lifeguards have quit in protest

Old 07-05-2012, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Feels like a Monday... boy am I glad it is Thurs

On Saturday I'm taking a day trip up to the Poconos to visit family that has come up from Tennessee. No place for me to sleep at my parents' house, so I'm just going to rip off the t-tops and drive up saturday morning, then drive back saturday night.

Should be a beautiful day, I just need to remember to wear sunscreen before the drive this time

Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Hi Mod `Mike, I hope you had a great 4th. Sounds like a fun Road Trip driving up to the Pocono's in your Camaro...You can borrow my tent & camping gear & stay over
Wish you a safe/fun journey...EnJoy

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, July 5th 2012