Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday Feb, 6th 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone, got some disturbing news from the wife when I got home, she went to the Dr.s and had some bloodwork taken, turns out she may (fingers crossed she doesn't) have a tumor on her pituitary gland.

I'm telling you, when life kicks you, it kicks hard and square in the n*(* with a steel toe boot. Other issues going on but I always try to stay positive as I know life only gives you what you can handle, and I myself should have died a long time ago (wasn't supposed to make it through the night, and if I did I would be a vegetable and not be able to walk again, so I know for a fact medical science is not always accurate as I can walk, talk and breath so all is good that way) but sometimes it seems things keep coming at you time and time again. Oh well not going to get down on it and going to keep a positive attitude

Old 02-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
How did you do that keane?

Was blasting through a snow drift and it veered off and got stuck. Made it through the drift once already, but had turned around to go back home. No friends were available to come pull us out, so I had to call a wrecker to the tune of about $220

Old 02-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Afternoon gang.

If anyone hasn't heard (but I think everyone has), looks like I totaled my winter beater last night. All in all, doing good and keeping positive that things will end up alright once this is all finished.

Glad you're okay after the accident! I actually almost got hit today pulling into the parking lot here at school.

Everything else going well?

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Afternoon all, currently stuck in the snow with the suburban. Gonna be a long wait

Old 02-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all just got back from mexico and its still cold here in pgh,pa!

Old 02-06-2014, 03:43 PM

Good afternoon everyone,Just got back from a drive in the Monte and I'v seen it on here before but I'll say it again"The Monte Carlo is hands down the best car I have ever driven in the snow!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member

I shared this on facebook... I'll share it for you guys too...

Keane everybody..

Old 02-06-2014, 05:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think maybe Keane been FWD too long...

Anyways, good afternoon folks!

I called it this morning - I knew my back wouldn't hold up much longer. This morning I posted that my back felt pretty good inspite a lot of shoveling yesterday. That was minutes before throwing it out. I knew I was pushing my luck as I hadn't had an episode in, like, 3-4 weeks. But there was more shoveling to do, and I can't let the pregnant wife do it. My back doesn't gradually get sore. It just sorta snaps on me - what I imagine be tazed feels like. One second I'm shoveling, the next I'm on the ground in agony. After a minute I hobbled/crawled/rolled back into the house and laid flat for 15 minutes trying to get my breath. Then medication. Then off to work. This sucks.

I'm gonna go lay down now. More meds. Night, night...

Old 02-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by ohara
Afternoon everyone, got some disturbing news from the wife when I got home, she went to the Dr.s and had some bloodwork taken, turns out she may (fingers crossed she doesn't) have a tumor on her pituitary gland.

I'm telling you, when life kicks you, it kicks hard and square in the n*(* with a steel toe boot. Other issues going on but I always try to stay positive as I know life only gives you what you can handle, and I myself should have died a long time ago (wasn't supposed to make it through the night, and if I did I would be a vegetable and not be able to walk again, so I know for a fact medical science is not always accurate as I can walk, talk and breath so all is good that way) but sometimes it seems things keep coming at you time and time again. Oh well not going to get down on it and going to keep a positive attitude
Hey Ken.... You and your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers...

Old 02-06-2014, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
x2

best of luck!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Thanks Damien

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday Feb, 6th 2014