Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, December 22, 2011 < Click & Share

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

my gma just went in about 30 mins ago.

thanks everyone for the support

Old 12-22-2011, 05:06 PM

Good Luck `Justin on staying warm & getting the `job done.
=============================================
Just checking & Checking out...Just getting ready to have my breakfast b-4 I go back to work

Rick, I hope that you are feeling better as time passes..Keep us updated...We do care for some reason ? lol, don't over do it...
========================================

Don't 4-get to Share `if you can...There are so many in our country, our World without

Keep the Blog going & keep your Holiday Spirits.
EnJoy your eve & I hope I see everyone 2morrow..
OK, whose next to post...Yes, it's YOU~> HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Old 12-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `Gregg,

It has to be crazy @ Disney this time of year...Hope you have a E.Z. Shift..
Thanks also for your 1K + post contributions... Some are very detailed...4-Sure Like a college professor Please don't great me, cause I would fail..Happy Holidays to you & family
Hi Space; I like your artwork. For that you get an "A" for sure. I would like to use that foe my avatar if you wouldn't mind. I also have no clue on how to set that up. Your grammar and spelling are not that bad. You still get a passing grade. LOL. I did excel in grammar in school so for me it comes easy. Most of my errors are blackberry related.

As far as being busy, it all depends on who you ask. For me my busiest times seem to come when our hotel occupancy is between 60 and 90 percent. Below 60 they cut staff and everybody including management get lazy and they only make work orders on serious stuff that is broken. Above 90 percent and everybody is too busy dealing with guest satisfaction that they are too busy to call in work for me unless something is really broke. Between 60 and 90 it is just busy enough that things that are broken are an irritant and they have the time to make out work orders. When it is slow I am glad to have my smart phones. It makes the night go faster. I also get to surf MCF a lot and keep in touch with my friends on here. Tuesday night I was busy because the dish machine crashed in the kitchen. It is one of the three most critical pieces of equipment in a commercial kitchen. Can't operate without clean dishes. The other two are the walk in freezer and walk in cooler. Everything else they can work without. When those three go down the management come out of the woodwork and complicate everything. Right now the resort is close to 100 percent and will be until the second week of January so things for me are a bit slow.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 12-22-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
LOU.. I know your right about that picture thing. Anyways we've been going out to Phoenix since 1977. Back then it was during shut down at Gen motors. From the last week in June till after the 4th of July & i always added a week to it so we could drive out there. Man o Man wrong time to be out there. 115 plus during the day 95 at night !!. But I fell in love with AZ right then... After I retired from G.M. Thats when we started to spend the winters out there in the Motorhome. Best time to be out there is from Oct till May. But car shows are crazy out there. Greg would go nuts. I seen a guy and a couple of his friends bring out 6 cars he owns. These cars are one of one , two of one. Cars you never ever see at shows! You do see out there. WOW! I make it a point to get to them for a few hrs.
Rick I am sure you are right, I would go nuts in Arizona. I also want to get a motor home and vacation out that way. Here in Florida we have lots of car shows too. I look forward to getting off second shift so I can start seeing them again. I bet there must be a ton of rust free project cars out that way looking for some one to care for. I am currently working on a deal for a 1963 Ford Falcon Futura or Sprint two door hardtop with a 289 under the hood. It had a 260 from the factory. It is almost rust free. It needs paint and interior. I think it is too good to pass up. I've never had a Falcon before and it might be close enough to a Mustang to make Susan happy.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
my gma just went in about 30 mins ago.

thanks everyone for the support
Zach I hope your grandma will be ok. She is in my thoughts.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
half woo! got one of the girls i work with to run home and grab her heating pad,
was looking around here becuase we used to have a thing of surgical drapes but i can't seem to find them i was going to wrap the heating pad in it so it wouldn't get dirty, so thats a bumer now i am trying to find somthing else to do it, I WANT WARM WRENCHES DEMIT!!!!

woohoo! found somthing!!!! wrenches will be warm and i will be cold but my hands should stay fairly warm
Justin I feel for ya man. I remember those days being bundled up in long johns, and insulated skidoo suit hats gloves and heavy socks to go out and work on cars when I worked in the salvage yard. It was hard to move and when the temps were below 15 degrees there was no way of staying warm. Moved around like a robot. It sucked. I hope you get what you need done, done quickly.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I have a nice pair of carhartt type coveralls that I wear for winter car work too. I was wearing them last week fixing my sons car. I think they shrunk a bit since last year tho or maybe I grew a bit.lol I do hate how they ride up when getting in and out from under the car.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

she is out now. everything went as planned.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:15 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Glad ur grandma is ok

Nm goin on here almost off work lol

Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That's great news Zach.

Not too much going on here. I have tomorrow and Monday off from work. Also went to the Dr this morning and scheduled my appt for the Colonoscopy FUNFUNFUN!!!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, December 22, 2011 < Click & Share