Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, August 30th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[QUOTE=Ricks 2006 SS;491100]
Originally Posted by 77gp
Good Morning all. Wife was madder than heck yesterday over not being able to drive a stick. She assumed she could just get in and go without any knowledge what so ever. Finally got home and took her a ride and explained it. Before she knew it, she was cruising the neighborhood. She felt much better. It will still take her a while but she will get it. Man I remember those days. I had my 68 fairlane 428 4 spd. Trying to teach Carmen how to drive it. 1st in a parking lot. Then at a local park near her Mom's house. Then When I thought she could handle it. On Telegraph Rd. It was a fri nite back in the day. When Telegraph & Woodward were the HOT spots to cruise. She wanted to drive it. Now picture this. It's an all Black fairlane Huge pro stck scoop on the hood. WARLORD Painted across my doors and rear fenders. & some big *** slicks. Now if that doesn't say lets RACE So we pull up to a light after making most of them. And a 442 olds pulls up next to us and guns his engine! I tell her just nail it in 1st and if you can't shift it. Pull over to the curb. I'll tell you when to step on it. light turns amber for the other way traffic I tell raise the rmp's and hit it. Damn she does it just right thru 1st & second then pulls off to the curb. Shaking like she stole the damn thing. I laugh and hug her. She get in on the passenger side and I;m laughing. That was it for her drag racing career. BUT!! She beat him thru both gears I went looking for him after that. But never found him. But it was a fun night. That was back in the day! We don't do that crap on the streets any more. Well I don't.
Rick , Nice Story..

Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM

Good Morning all. Wife was madder than heck yesterday over not being able to drive a stick. She assumed she could just get in and go without any knowledge what so ever. Finally got home and took her a ride and explained it. Before she knew it, she was cruising the neighborhood. She felt much better. It will still take her a while but she will get it.
Hoping this is my last day this week. Need to finish the rental. All carpet is in and looks beautiful. I will take some pics and post them this weekend with before nad afters.
Have a great day all!

Hi `Jerry, I'm sorry I 4-got to answer your post this morning , my head was up in space again Did U let Hunter drive your new ride ? LOL. I bet he can't wait to drive it 4-Sure...Did you get 2morrow `off ? Look 4ward to seeing pic's of your rental & also on your Mustang. You sure have been keeping busy...Good Luck & EnJoy your `eve..
The owner just walked in with some food & told me that I don't have 2 `be in the warehouse until 8PM
Life is Good
Wish everyone a great `eve ~>EnJoy ~> 4-Sure
Peace/Happy/Out
p.s.
Man I remember those days.
Yes, it's great to still `be able to remember 4-Sure...Especially the good ole `days LOL ~> WoW We's & you still lived to post about it 4-Sure ...LOL

Last edited by Space; 08-30-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space, he wanted his turn yesterday but I told him he would have to wait just a little longer. LOL
I am going to work probably 2-3 hours and call it a day tomorrow and try to get the new counter-top and hardwood floor down in kitchen. Then its all exterior work. Gotta get it done fast with all this rain forecasted from Isaac.
Enjoy your evening.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Nice story Rick....Sounds like it was fun for both.
Thanks. We don't really bring up things like that too often. Times change and some of the old things we did. Now make you look bad in someones eyes. But back then was a different time!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Jerry I had an S10 pick up with a 5 speed. I was out of town working for a month and my wifes car needed the trans rebuilt so she had to drive my truck. When I got home I got to replace the clutch after a day of driving. It was burnt up and all the springs were cracked I asked her about it and she said she didnt like to shift it so she just kept it in second gear all the time

Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good evening all!