Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, August 01, 2013 > Check In <

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by VictoryRedSled
haha no, although those are all excellent ideas Space. It's for my bike that I paid too much for lol :/ yeah if it doesnt wok somehow, ill just send it back!

LoL `Aaron, Believe it or not I did know it was a bike rack (LOL)
What type of bike do you have ? Do you have pic's ? If so ? please post/share & give us a ride...How often to you ride ?
===================================
Good Morning `Rick,
I hope that you are still working on your dream ride & we all are looking forward to your post about it....Wish you a great find @ a decent price....EnJoy your new day of life 4-Sure

==================================
Hi Mod Michael, Fitz & Member's,
Thanks for checking in & we all wish everyone a Super Day > EnJoy
p.s. We miss seeing Angie online 4-Real>Sure!

Last edited by Space; 08-01-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking

Good Morning EV1!

Space:
Thanks for starting the Morning Blog!

Tad:
Happy Birthday!

Looks like a beautiful day in Michigan!
Going out for a blast in the Monte today!
Its amazeing how well it runs now, with
A new Intake Duct (Tks Jason) and a Little Lucas injector cleaner.
It seems to have made a major gain in power! that I thought was long gone considering the mileage on it.

Only 4 more days til we leave on Vacation...
Our goal of this trip is to be at Yellow Stone National Park.
Gonna checkout ole faithful.

In our travels we will also make a stop to finally meet Rick (Ricks 2006 SS)
and Justin (Budsjlm) in Minnesota. with traveling across Indiana, illinois, Wisconsin ...Not sure what day yet we will be arriveing in Minnesota... Lizzy also wants to checkout the Mall of America in Minnesota. But this trip promises to be a good one...Were looking forward to try to find some killer Barbecue of the Pro's! We watched Barbacue Crawl last night ...That gave us something to search for during our travels! Lizzy and I barbecue all the time... We also like that show, diners, drive ins and dives.I guess you could say were getting tired of cooking all the time during our Vacations... So any suggestions? Our travels should take us across south Dakota, Wyoming (Which is where yellow stone national park is) in the NW Corner. Not sure which route we will follow to head back to Michigan! Maybe across I-80 on the route home..

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
VictoryRedSled,
Becarful when you tighten down the straps, as our trunks have a bow/bubble in the middle. You do not want to add a dent. I never used the brand you show but I think it will clear the spolier. I used one on my Grand Prix and it dented the trunk over time. For my Monte now I have a Hidden Hitch and a Bike carrier from Harbor Freight.
Yeah, I planned on taping down some extra padding for where it hits the paint, and also wrapping the hooks with electric tape, not taking any chances. I only plan on using it a few times, not everyday so hopefully there will be no negative effects from where it rides at on the trunk lid.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Space

LoL `Aaron, Believe it or not I did know it was a bike rack (LOL)
What type of bike do you have ? Do you have pic's ? If so ? please post/share & give us a ride...How often to you ride ?
I figured you knew

Wish i had pics of MY bike, but an internet photo will do. Its a Genesis Terra 700 Hybrid with Shimano gears

I took off the carrier on the back, and I ride a couple times a week as a supplement to working out

Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone. And a very happy birthday to Tadd!

Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Good Morning EV1!

Only 4 more days til we leave on Vacation...
Our goal of this trip is to be at Yellow Stone National Park.
Gonna checkout ole faithful.

Have a Great Day EV1!
Good Morning Mod `David,
Great to read that you are going on vacation & getting to meet some member's
Check out the below links...I just talked to one of the employee's that visits our national parks and he stated that they really need attention & repairs....
I can't wait to be in the position to do a Road Trip of North America...It's one of my many dreams...
Wish you & member's a Super New Day & New Month

Last edited by Space; 08-01-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Goodmorning all!

VictoryRedSled, I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but it will rub on the clear coat, so be prepared to buff the contact areas, i won't rub down to paint or primer or anything tho!

Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Goodmorning all!

VictoryRedSled, I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but it will rub on the clear coat, so be prepared to buff the contact areas, i won't rub down to paint or primer or anything tho!
good point, I wanna get some of that thin foam sheet that people wrap fragile things in and lightly tape it to where the rack contacts the paint. And if it leaves marks, I've gotten real good at claying, buffing, polishing, and waxing by hand this summer so I got that covered

Old 08-01-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by VictoryRedSled
I figured you knew

Wish i had pics of MY bike, but an internet photo will do. Its a Genesis Terra 700 Hybrid with Shimano gears

I took off the carrier on the back, and I ride a couple times a week as a supplement to working out

Hi Aaron & thanks for your reply & infor...That's a great bike for under $200 @ Walmart....Lot's of gears 4-Sure....I just have a beach cruiser built from many parts (lol) I'd like to get a new bike (are you listening Santa >I've been good ? (LOL)
The Genesis Terra Mens Hybrid Bike is an ideal solution for anyone looking for a dependable bicycle for commuting or recreational use. With a hand-crafted frame and 700c rims, this mens hybrid bike offers a comfortable ride every time you hit the street. This 700c mens hybrid bike is recommended for adults 15 years and above. It has an aluminum frame that lets you have a balanced and safe ride. The Genesis Terra Mens Hybrid Bike comes with an adjustable and comfortable seat. This non-battery operated men's hybrid bike weighs 33 pounds and measures 70 x 25 x 45(L x W x H) inches. It is lightweight and compact, which makes it easier to store in your house or garage. The Genesis Terra Mens Hybrid Bike has been specifically designed for general-purpose utility and commuting on a wide range of surfaces. So whether it is a paved or unpaved road, paths or trails; you can now enjoy a pleasure ride anywhere with this 700c men's hybrid bike.

Genesis Terra Men's Hybrid Bike:<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Riding Style: hybrid bike<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Frame: aluminum frame<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Gearing: Shimano 21-speed twist shifter with CI deck<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Seat: custom Genesis comfort saddle<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Brakes: alloy linear pull brakes<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Alloy Crown front shock<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Alloy Quill stem<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Riser bar<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Alloy, quick-release seat clamp<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Rear cargo rack<li style="margin: 1px 0px 1px 1em; padding: 0px;">Dimensions: 70"L x 25"W x 45"H
Good Morning `Taz (Lou),
I hope that you are finding some time to enjoy life & that your hectic schedule is less....It's so great to see you online....
Take good care of yourself `OK.
=======================
Good Morning `Mitch, how did your presentation go on how to make X-Rated Video's > Did you get a passing grade
Wish U & member's a great new day > EnJoy

Old 08-01-2013, 09:38 AM

Stumpmi,

Why would you leave your state of Michigan for vacation. You have "Pure Michigan" right in your back yard... (Now hear Tim Allens Voice) Water it can be the bottle we grab... or the waves on the shoreline... more fresh water coast line than any other state.. please stick to the rivers and lakes you're used to, I know that your're gonna have it you way or nothing at all (wait, wait, wait, that is "Don't Go Chasin' Waterfalls" by TLC )

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 08-01-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, August 01, 2013 > Check In <