Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, 1-26-12 <Check In

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I might get th done sometime and would like to do the headrests too.

Gpa is doin pretty good. He went from not being able to feed himself to walking around his house and if u didnt know something went on then u pry wouldnt be able to tell. He is seeing things tho..i guess that goes with having the stoke and is pretty common.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
Hi Gregg. i wish it was 80 here. might get to 40 today . maybe i should move south so i cant complain of the cold temps
Come on down. Florida is full of people who did just that. Me included. With the economy in the crapper their are plenty of houses available for the picking which is just the opposite of the way it was six years or so ago.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM

Evening all - about to put this damn smart phone through a wall. I was going through today deleting some old accounts and deleted my old Gmail account not realizing that was the master account hooked up to my Droid Incredible (which is dependent on a Google account - it's your master backup). So after reseting it it's all messed up - it won't even load an app it keeps crashing. Lost most of my phone #s as well. I'm giving up on it - loading the old reliable BlackBerry up for tonight and picking up an iPhone 4S tomorrow!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:22 PM

Good evening everybody. It is a warm night at the mouse house. I'm sitting in my service van at work playing with my I-phone. You guessed it, real busy again tonight. I'm not really complaining though. In a few weeks things will get busy again.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Well GTO is sanded

Mike you got this thing painted yet? What's the hold up? Just kidding. I know quality work takes time.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Come on down. Florida is full of people who did just that. Me included. With the economy in the crapper their are plenty of houses available for the picking which is just the opposite of the way it was six years or so ago.
i do want to visit Florida sometime I haven't ever been there before. I am sure i would get there and complain about the summer heat/humidity just like i do here

Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 PM

i do want to visit Florida sometime I haven't ever been there before. I am sure i would get there and complain about the summer heat/humidity just like i do here
That is a huge misconception. Florida does get hot. But it doesn't get any hotter here than where you live. I lived in Vermont before coming to Florida. Vermont used to get up to 95 degrees too for a week or two and then back into the freezer. Florida just has those temps for a longer period of time. Some of it you get used to and you also modify your activity according to the weather. Almost everything is air conditioned too. Being a car guy you will love Florida. You don't have to put your toys away for the winter and there are car shows and cruises all year.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
That is a huge misconception. Florida does get hot. But it doesn't get any hotter here than where you live. I lived in Vermont before coming to Florida. Vermont used to get up to 95 degrees too for a week or two and then back into the freezer. Florida just has those temps for a longer period of time. Some of it you get used to and you also modify your activity according to the weather. Almost everything is air conditioned too. Being a car guy you will love Florida. You don't have to put your toys away for the winter and there are car shows and cruises all year.
True. the humidity here is what sucks. It would be nice to keep the monte out all year long and be able to bike the whole year....i could only imagine the miles i could put on having an extra 5 months or time a year

Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Morning Mel: I remember doing that samething. At the World of wheels show back in the day. I think it was either 1978 or 1979. When the Custom Van craze was going on. We filled the defunked Silver Dome in Pontiac Mi. Had to be there weds afternoon and get her out Sunday night. No matter what the weather was like . Can you take a few pixs of your display and post them on here. Before you win you class . Thanks Mel Good luck Buddy
Will do Rick and Thank You

Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM

True. the humidity here is what sucks. It would be nice to keep the monte out all year long and be able to bike the whole year....i could only imagine the miles i could put on having an extra 5 months or time a year
The humidity here sucks too but it is a small price to pay for the other things we get to do all year long. You just modify your activity to cope or jump in the pool.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, 1-26-12 <Check In