Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Things We Hold Dear In Life

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Things We Hold Dear In Life

Isn't it funny how we as humans put our personal feelings into non-living objects? We attach ourselves to these objects, and poor so much of ourselves in to them, they take on a life of their own.

Just a few minutes ago............. my '89 2.5 Sundance RS took it last ride to the shredder. This car was the one that got me to liking the EEKs (Every Extended K-car). My father had a few of the when he was still at Chrysler and they were nice cars. I got Suny in July, 2000 to replace my rusting '82 2.2 Charger. On Nov 29, 200 I was hit head one right after leaving the gas station. I had just left my morning job and was headed up to have lunch with my g/f likeI did every day. This woman in a white 4-door Cavilier pulled right the h--l infront of me. Itried tostop but it was too late. A woman in a mint green mini-van stopped and saidshe'd be willing to witness this accident to the copswhen they arrived. While waiting on the cops, a full size Dodge pickupcame flying up behind my car (doing about 50mph) and rear ended it. The moron got out of his truck, looked it over and tried to leave. The security people of the store we were in front of stopped him from leaving.
since there were now two seperate insurances involved, my auto ins told me to dear with them. They more or less left me out to dry.
Over the next couple years I fought with these people over my car. A car I was still paying the loan on, but couldn't use. The car was still somewhat drivable it just looked pretty bad.
But I fought and fought with these insurances. I even got the attorney general for the state of OH involved. But he wasn't much help.
I had to get a lawyer as I had no choice.
During all this I had to find another car and now had two car loans to pay for. Life sucked a lot back then.
My neckhurt like a son of a b....... constantly. I couldn't even move my head left to right for a few years. Not at all.
Out of frustration cause I was paying on a car loan of a car I couldn't drive, I did some repairs. Enough to where I could drive the car again.
For a few years, say from late 2002 - 2007 the car just sat.Then with my lawyer settling both auto accidents I was in, there was no money to repair my '89 Sundance.
I'd promised to get rid of the car in october, 2006 but never did.
Well I had this week off for vacation and I got the parts off I felt I wanted to keep. Everythingbut the new pass sidedrive axil I'd installed. Oh well.

Anyways, RIP buddy.You were a good car till those people hit you.

Sorry for the rambling guys.
I just needed to talk about this.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Things We Hold Dear In Life

Didn't even know what that was till I looked it up, sorry about your loss.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:12 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I thought those were real cool cars. I was looking at the sundance too when I was shopping for my first car, I ended up with a brand new 93 Pontiac Sunbird LE coupe instead. I loved how the sundance opened in the back - kinda a hidden hatch back.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:49 PM

R.I.P.
1989 - 2007
[:-]R.J.'s '89 2.5 Sundance RS [:-]
She tookRJ to so many places on his highways
of life, but she had to go before her time.
There are others out there, but they are not the same [X(]
RJ, remember the good times you've had with her, and forget
the bad. Please try to transfer that love to your LTZ, and
the rest of your auto collection.
I wish you a speedy recovery.....& Peace of Mind.
Sincerely, `Space

Old 10-19-2007, 06:15 PM

i feel ya rj d00d when my 82 camaro got stolen i almost died even tho it was the biggst and ugliest pos ever invented it still killed me.well man we're here for ya just spew it and we will always be supportive to one of our greatest mcfers

Old 10-19-2007, 07:59 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey, atleast you made it out fine. your story actualy reminds me of a man i knew in charlotte wehn my dad had the dedicated run. the foreman of the docks was a nice guy, and i believe it was 1996 he had a crash in a brand new Thunderbird with a car that pulled out in front of him. he doesn't remember that, thats just what people told him... he doesn't remember anything for about 6 months before or after the crash, its like a year of his life is just gone.... so at the very least RJ, you have your memories....i know my dads boss was in a coma for about a week but when he pulled out of it his wife says he was just "dazed and confused" all the time. it was like he knew what was going on as it happened, but couldn't remember after that. he is normal now, but still... a year of his life and memory is just gone.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I was like that when my '93 Shadow ES got rear ended sept 9, 2004.

I even told the EMT people I hit my head and wasn't sure what I was doing? They told they needed me to sign a release cause they needed to leave. And I guess I did sign one? I don't reallt remember?
Acoupleminutes laterthe cop there said he advised me to get to a hospital immediately. I didn't even fill out a police report.

Thanks for the understanding guys and gals.