Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Thieves & Car Parts <

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barovelli

3 - I rewired the trunk popper button on the dash to activate the PIAA Europe style horns. Ha ha.
That is pretty cool, any writeup on that?! Does that mean you only open your trunk from your FOB?

Old 07-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by brewcitymc
That is pretty cool, any writeup on that?! Does that mean you only open your trunk from your FOB?
I did do one but may have put it in a wrong area, it never got a green light. I'll try again.

I put another switch in an obscure place so I can still open it from the drivers seat..

Old 07-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So far no issues here in Milwaukee (knock on wood), I hope it stays that way.. I try to keep my car as dirty as possible to keep the looks away...

But the bright red car with black grilles, windows and rims brings a little attention still

Old 07-16-2013, 03:38 PM

My two Grand Prix's that I had prior to the Monte Carlo always got broken into. They would always pop the lock on the trunk. My first GP I repaired the trunk lock twice. My second GP had the lock popped with some body damage around the lock... so I threw the lock out and bolted on a filler plate. I made a custom Pontiac logo/badge from stainless steel, weld studs on the back of the logo and bolted it on from the inside of the truck. I placed a rubber gasket between the logo and outside of the trunk. Who needs to use a key when you have a key fob to pop the trunk.

Since I have had my Monte Carlo no one has broken into it. I always lock it and arm it. I installed my own alarm (Crimestopper Super Range Alarm & Remote Start). I think thieves check for two things... unlocked cars and blinking interior Led light (meaning the car is alarmed).