Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Thieves & Car Parts <

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry > Thieves & Car Parts <

EIGHT CAR PARTS THAT ATTRACT THIEVES
The NHTSA says thieves can strip a vehicle in less than 30 minutes. There are things you can do to slow them down -- including knowing...

Items stolen most often from vehicles < Click

Hi Member's, have you ever had parts stolen from your vehicle(s) ? Please post & tell us about it
How are you protecting your Monte ? Your property ? Your Peace of Mind ?

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-14-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

*knock on wood* I have not had anyone break into my car yet...but some of the craziest things I've seen at work with the shoplifters is pretty bad.
I'm a hawk when it comes to shoplifters, but the moment I leave the building all hell breaks loose.
I once gone on break, and it was just my store manager and the useless employee(seriously. the guy doesn't do anything. Can't get rid of him until we have the staff to cover.) And someone took all the hello kitty products off the display cart down the seat cover aisle. We lost about $300 in items, and they were shocked when I told them stuff was missing when I came back. Sucks when your busy and only have 2 people working at a time.

And aside from that....I always park in the open, never among other cars. Its always locked, even at work. Alarm is always set. Long Island is alot different than the rest of New York, you don't keep your **** locked your going to get your stuff taken.

Last edited by Red Nightmare; 07-14-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:35 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks `Jen for being the first to post on this thread & add what you are doing to protect your awesome Monte Carlo
Name:  Untitled-rdnghtmr_zps4df4cf91.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  98.5 KB
It's sad that there are those in life that take what is not their property & the hurt that they cause to hard working people.

I believe that everyone will have to account for their actions in the `end...(I sure hope so)

Old 07-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
Default Thieves

I live in small town not like New York. Cars safe at work. At Oreillys not much theft Im the delivery driver when im on the counter I haven't caught anybody been 4 years. our theft comes from staff 4 or 5 fired in 4 years for theft Phoney returns Phoneys warrenty returns or just money or parts taken. Im sure Jen knows about that.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

No thefts from the Monte, but did have my Firebird be the victim of a smash & grab. Damage to the car cost more than one old iPod and some change in the console.

1 - Lock the doors. Thieves will walk down the street trying door handles. Any that are not locked get rummaged through.

2 - Don't leave things in plain sight. My MC is a gadget-mobile but at first glance it does not appear equipped.

3 - I rewired the trunk popper button on the dash to activate the PIAA Europe style horns. Ha ha.

4 - I have a USB charger adaptor in the lighter socket that has a green LED on it, in the dark it could look like an alarm-is-engaged light.

5 - I have a couple of IP cameras (Dlink) at home that snap pictures and send to email when motion sensor goes off. No monthly charges either.

6 - 12 Gauge

Old 07-14-2013, 12:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

We keep all our cars locked now but in the past i have been broken into. My old car was hard to unlock with the key so I always just left it unlocked and one night at work someone broke into it and stole some burned CDs and my ashtray full of change. I was mad about the ashtray because I had nowhere to put my change.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

All 3 of Mine are alarmed... and 1 is always garage kept with the alarm set!

I also have dark tinted windows to keep prying eyes out of my vehicles...and all the alarm lights are very bright... So, I would think that's a good deterant!
Plus im a light sleeper... Most any sound outdoors catchs my attention...

Not to mention.... I have alternative fire power incase someone wants to even touch mine!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015

Right I got my bros Smith and Wesson!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Only thing I've had stolen from my car was my fuzzy dice out of the horizon because I left the windows open while shopping. 95% of the time my cars are locked up, depends where I am though, sometimes i'll leave windows open a bit or just leave I unlocked.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM

My Monte is ALWAYS locked, and although it locks automatically when you shift into gear, I'm bewildered by people who drive around with their doors unlocked. You can get held up at a stop light or something like that. In NJ there are some baaaaad areas, and this yellow thing attracts attention so easily. But even when I'm not in unsafe neighborhoods and cities my car is locked, and I ALWAYS put away all my electronics in the glove compartment. Not a damn thing in plain sight. Not even the GPS suction cup mount. There is one little cassette-ipod adapter that I tuck the cord away into the little area under the radio. Wheel locks too, but I hear those don't even do that much. Everyone is incredibly disrespectful when it comes to other people's property.

Quick Reply: > Thieves & Car Parts <