Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Thanks Z34Phoenix, Great homepage!

Old 12-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Default Thanks Z34Phoenix, Great homepage!

Hello All:
I would like to give thanks to Z34Phoenix for having such a great Cardomain homepage dedicated to modifying the 3.4 DOHC LQ1 engine. I was very intimidated by just looking at the engine when I open my hood. Well I was going over Z34Phoenix's homepage and it motivated me to not only change my intake manifold gaskets but also my valve cover gaskets, serpentine belt, t-stat, and coolant temp. sensor( this part is a bi**h to get to). I am on my first day on my project. I am finishing up tomorrow morning, I will keep you guys updated on my progress. I was about to drop $800 for just changing my valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets cause I had my rear valve cover gasket leaking oil not a whole lot but it still bugged me, I also made sure that it wasn't the o-ring that was leaking (thank god it wasn't). Seems like someone already had done the valve cover gaskets cause they were the same Fel-Pro's I installed. Well thanks to Z34Phoenix again for the great Homepage, very detailed and well layed out. Now the 3.4 DOHC doesn't get me shaking anymoreeverytime I have to do something to it.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Default RE: Thanks Z34Phoenix, Great homepage!

aw... Thank you. i started that page to help others and im glad it has. these motors arent the evil bricks people make them out to be. it just needs time and feness... and not a hammer screwdriver and pliers that the old motors use!

i cant wait till i can get the info from the cardomain transfered to the new site... it will be much better organized.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:31 AM

[align=center]I would like to nominate MCF Member: z34phoenix[/align][align=center]-David -[/align][align=center]for January 2008 MOTM[/align][align=center]David has been an active contributing member to the MCF,[/align][align=center]and has helped many members.[/align][align=center]Check out his newhome page (below link).[/align][align=center]His web page shows his love of his Monte.[/align][align=center]Who will 2nd his nomination ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]z34phoenix

[align=center][/align]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Check out his newHomepage Link below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://z34phoenix.piczo.com [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There are some great members, & Monte's already nominated,[/align][align=center]I just wanted to add another one that I believe is also deserving.: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link to go to MCF January 08 Nomination Page[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_67560/..._/tm.htm#67771[/align]

Old 12-23-2007, 08:07 PM

I second that nomination! Also Phonenix, I finally started my car today after the second try, 1st time my EGR was leaking. I got the leak covered and replaced many parts that didn't need but while I was taking off the plenum might as well take advantage. I have a question, I replaced my t-stat and coolant temp sensor and my fans still don't kick on. My 2nd fan kicked only once but that was it, Any reason you may know of. Please help.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:03 PM

yea it is a wicked page.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:15 AM

Z34Phoenix,
Now that I replaced the rest of the gaskets my dist. o-ring decided to crap out, now I am leaking from that seal, sucks cause I have to take off the plenum (no biggie) and try to get to the cover. Oh well, you got to do what you got to do. I noticed alot of these cars in the boneyards (?), probably the owners never knew what that had to deal with when they decided to buy the LQ1. I am learning and still have alot to learn about these cars. Thanks to your website and everyone else in this site I have been able to keep my Z and fix and get to know it a little better. Thanks again to all.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:37 PM

Coming to think about it I never did throw Kudos at it and it is very good.