Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Termites

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Termites

Anyone ever dealt with this problem? My rental home evidently had a swarm going on day before. I have been under that house and in the attic and it looked great wood wise. Had a guy out there and he is coming out Monday to drill around the outside and treat it along with inside and underneath. I forget what he said he is going to use but I have it wrote down somewhere. Price is $656 and that covers the first year. Then if I want, it will be $150 per year after. He used to work for a large company and is on his own now. Does this sound reasonable? He is a friend of a friend and suppose to be giving me a deal.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 AM

Hi `Jerry,
Sorry to read about your problem If it's not one thing, it's another I hope that your man can get it resolved 4-Sure..
Wish you good luck or better luck....
Below is a link with some cost & infor...I hope it helps.
Let us know how it goes....I hope he doesn't have to tent you home , that can be expensive & take $'s away from `fun.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Rid Of Termites? Free Termite ...

<CITE>www.costowl.com › Testing and/or Removal Services</CITE>]
Realizing you have a termite infestation on your hands is enough to cause alarm in anyone. Termites can cause a staggering amount of structural damage.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

My mom pays more than that in tucson, Az.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

The guy was just here and explained it all to me. He said he would be using the latest treatment for it and was only charging me like $4.50 per foot whereas others charge upwards of 6 and 7. He worked for a major company around here and was the head guy and decided to branch out on his own. So he evidently knows his stuff. Good thing was he said they had only been there for maybe 2 years or so and was confident this would have them wiped out real soon. Also said he will do free pest inspections for us on future homes we buy. Getting ready to buy another soon.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its always good to leave it to the pros when your dealing with something that could make your house fall down at some point. I like that he'll keep the treatment up for a lower price. Its a good way to protect your investment.