Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Tell me about your worst "Monte Moment?"

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hitting a deer doing 70mph.

But you can't tell can you :P

Old 11-25-2009, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My worst Monte Moment was the accident this past July. I was soooooo freakin worried my car would be totaled. Thank God it wasnt! I love this car way to freaking much!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 AM

Well I could go on with my most embarassing monte moment that involves nudity and a cop.... LOL

Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 AM

^Whoa

My worst- that's easy- almost blowing the car up. Tried using L36 style injector retaining clips on my L67 injectors. They "seemed" to fit OK...worked fine for four days- on the fourth, the entire front fuel log rotated off of the injectors and dumped gasoline all over the engine, including the hot front exhaust manifold! The manifold was smoking! It was really close to going up in flames- parked it a shady *** parking lot in a bad neighborhood and called for reinforcements. Got it towed home.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
Well I could go on with my most embarassing monte moment that involves nudity and a cop.... LOL
Oh please, do tell! LOL!!!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
NICE! Not sure why it's that embarassing though... Maybe you will have to indulge us some more...
Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Hitting a deer doing 70mph.

But you can't tell can you :P
Yikes... Well, you are in Pennsylvania. I almost hit like 90 deer just goin' across I-90. There's one every ten feet for christ sake!
Originally Posted by 03SS/00GSE/93LX
^Whoa

My worst- that's easy- almost blowing the car up. Tried using L36 style injector retaining clips on my L67 injectors. They "seemed" to fit OK...worked fine for four days- on the fourth, the entire front fuel log rotated off of the injectors and dumped gasoline all over the engine, including the hot front exhaust manifold! The manifold was smoking! It was really close to going up in flames- parked it a shady *** parking lot in a bad neighborhood and called for reinforcements. Got it towed home.
lol, wow. Reminds me of my friends Talon with a cracked valve cover. Oil poured into directly onto his turbo and set the car on fire three times just trying to get it home.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ded548
set the car on fire three times just trying to get it home.
IDK after the first time, I would have had a tow haha

Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
IDK after the first time, I would have had a tow haha
It was within' a mile from home, lol. "We Can make It!" *Phooooffff*

Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hey, speaking of fires.... thats probibly the worst thing to happen to my LS, me & my dad replaced the upstream 02 sensor at night... it was pitch black out, and i guess we didint notice that we left a rag on the rear exaust manifold.... a rag SOAKED in PB blaster, antiseize & lots of other fun flamable stuff. drove the monte the next day, coming back i notice white smoke rolling out from the hood & fenders... so im like "OH, S***!!!" shoot down the driveway, shut the car off & pop the hood. big cloud of white smoke rolls out & i see a TINY lil flame back on the manifold... i almost passed out trying to blow it out, but i got it. i thought it was something major, and i was PISSED at the car, i took all my stuff out of it, and pushed it into my quansit hut so i wouldint have to look at it. i actually went on craigslist & started looking up nasty 4th gen monte's & other
80's GM cars for a possible replacement. i took a few days, then decided to survay the damage. then i found the remains of that rag on the manifold, and wanted to kick my own butt for being so STUPIED, but i was also kinda thrilled that i did'int brake anything

Old 11-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Mine has to be about this time last year... the day after my exploder went up in flames yes litterially was just a shell at the end. i went out to start the monte so i pump it a few times to prime it and turn it over.. (she hadn't been started in almost a week or so) so it was slow going and she pops throught the car ok try again she's just cranking cranking and not wanting to start so i stop for a second and i start seeing smoke F*/# NO NOT AGAIN F*&# NO NO NO NOT AGAIN so figuring it was the carb i keep cranking it over(suck the flame down) nope still not starting so in a frantic try to pop the hood(verry hard and no handle) yelling FU*& F*$& F&*% get the hood poped and the air cleaner i had on there is in flames(barely) so i just blew it out and went to work ...it started riight up after that

alread freaked out by what happend the day befor then that

Quick Reply: Tell me about your worst "Monte Moment?"