Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Super Rich Dude with gold exotic cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Super Rich Dude with gold exotic cars

Interesting read, if not just for the pictures

Super-rich Saudi's gold cars hit London - CNN.com

Old 03-31-2016, 08:15 AM

Hi Tadd,
I think there's a in-balance of wealth in our World

There's to many affluent people that are just
self absorbed and waste their fortunes
on items that are not necessary.

I'm thankful that there are some Rich that
give half their fortune to good causes.
The Giving Pledge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge
Wikipedia

In June 2010 the Giving Pledge campaign was formally announced and Bill Gates andWarren Buffett began recruiting members. In 2011 Gates and Buffett met ...Description of pledge - ‎Beginning of campaign - ‎Expansion into other countries

I admire people like above that do good for others with their fortunes.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep overboard on these cars for sure..... I wonder if they are even driven?

Old 03-31-2016, 01:34 PM
Arrow Thanks Tadd!

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Yep overboard on these cars for sure..... I wonder if they are even driven?

Hi `Tadd, from the pictures it looks like they are driven on the city streets +...I think you would need to have Car Body Guards trying to follow you around and when you parked it any place.

I don't like them, but would take the gold and keep the cars as they were before they were plated with gold. If I were a thief I'd steal them and melt them down for the gold

I don't know about your experience with the wealthy, but I've found that those I've met don't really seem happy in life no matter how many expensive things they own. I also know many seniors that are rich and they say that they would give all their wealth for just having good health. I was taught to help people if & when I can and it gives me great joy when I do and can help someone in my life. I'm not claiming to be an angel and would really enjoy a new Camaro or Corvette & would share my joy with those in my life. The only person I would want to impress with it would be myself in that I have saved my $'s to get a super nice ride...That's all that falling outa my mind for now (LOL) >>>It's empty now (LOL).

Thanks for your Thread...I Enjoyed

Old 03-31-2016, 05:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No doubt they grab your attention.
I wonder how well they look in person. When I see cars wrapped in vinyl, they look "neat" but I wonder if paint would be better (granted, not exactly sure how you would pull off gold paint lol).
The Lambo is my car of choice in those pics!!

Old 03-31-2016, 05:56 PM

<LI class="el__storyhighlights__item el__storyhighlights--normal" abp="308">Fleet of luxury cars, believed to be owned by wealthy young Saudi man, arrive in London<LI class="el__storyhighlights__item el__storyhighlights--normal" abp="309">The supercars, wrapped in gold vinyl, have an estimated total value of more than $1.8 million <LI class="el__storyhighlights__item el__storyhighlights--normal" abp="309"><LI class="el__storyhighlights__item el__storyhighlights--normal" abp="309">
Originally Posted by The_Maniac
No doubt they grab your attention.

<LI class="el__storyhighlights__item el__storyhighlights--normal" abp="309">
<LI class="el__storyhighlights__item el__storyhighlights--normal" abp="309">I wonder how well they look in person. When I see cars wrapped in vinyl, they look "neat" but I wonder if paint would be better (granted, not exactly sure how you would pull off gold paint lol).
The Lambo is my car of choice in those pics!![/QUOTE]

Hi Admin `Jason,
The Lambo would be my choice, but I'd sell it and get a Corvette & have lots of money left over to buy a house/boat/motorcyle home, your Monte + live for the rest of my life on the remaining $'s
I don't know how you maintain Gold vinyl. Gold Polish ?

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-31-2016 at 05:58 PM.