Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, September 18, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi Mike, thanks for your reply...Are you going to upgrade to a larger Rim ? 17's or higher ? I think Michelin's are a great tires & so do many of my senior friends, but many also like the Kumo's & the ones that have purchased them are happy with their ride & wear...Wish you good luck on getting what is best for you & your Monte 4-Sure...
Weeeee's Blog'in this morning 4-Sure : )
I'm going +1 on the wheels from 16" to 17". I had pretty much made my mind up on the Michelin tires, but then the Pirelli were brought to my attention by a friend of mine. They have been rated as good as the Michelin for dry road handling and better in wet/ice handling/traction. They were also rated better in tread wear and road noise. Since the Monte is a DD I'm going with an all season tire rather than a pure performance tire. Besides, the performance tires all rated lower in everything except handling. They rated real low on tread wear and I seriously doubt I'll ever drive my Monte fast enough to warrant needing the higher speed rating.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:48 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Good morning all. Looks like I'm going to be cleaning my car out today and doing an oil change. Mobil 1 5W-30 with Mobil 1 filter. It's raining here today so no wash.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 AM

Thanks `Mike, sound logic 4-Sure....I hope I gain that wisdom as I travel my journey...I also like the +1 increase. Sounds like you have taken your time & did your homework on your upgrade investment...To me tires are one of the most important parts on any vehicle & it pays to research before you rush & buy anything a salesman tries to sell you...
I've experienced buyer's remorse 4-Sure...
Good Luck & keep us updated...Your words may influence others to think/research before they invest their hard earned dollars...Sometimes, many times I've had to learn the hard way 4-Real...
================================================== ===========
Hi Sgt Miller `Greg, Hope your weather improves & that you have a SuperSunday ~> EnJoy

Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning: Space,Zach,Sgt,Mike, Tadd, Teacher, Miller. Good to see everyone this morning some of you headed off to bed. I understand that. I work over nights also. Well spent about 4 hrs at the RV show. I think we have it nailed down on which model we want to buy. But not just yet. Were waiting till we hit Arizona then shop there also. Spent about 8 hrs with the grand kids. My grand daughter & I hung out most of the day. while my grandson & my wife did the same. We loked at some many it was strating to blend together. Then stopped and got pizza for dinner at our place. Then around 8 pm took them back home. My grand daughter has basketball try outs this afternoon. ME I'm parked in front of the TV from 9 am till around 4 pm. watching football ! Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. Raining or not. Enjoy it ! Theres only 4 a month ... Later....................coffee time then ...ESPN. ........GREAT GAME MICHIGAN

Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Morning: Space,Zach,Sgt,Mike, Tadd, Teacher, Miller. Good to see everyone this morning some of you headed off to bed. I understand that. I work over nights also. Well spent about 4 hrs at the RV show. I think we have it nailed down on which model we want to buy. But not just yet. Were waiting till we hit Arizona then shop there also. Spent about 8 hrs with the grand kids. My grand daughter & I hung out most of the day. while my grandson & my wife did the same. We loked at some many it was strating to blend together. Then stopped and got pizza for dinner at our place. Then around 8 pm took them back home. My grand daughter has basketball try outs this afternoon. ME I'm parked in front of the TV from 9 am till around 4 pm. watching football ! Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. Raining or not. Enjoy it ! Theres only 4 a month ... Later....................coffee time then ...ESPN. ........GREAT GAME MICHIGAN
Jealious Rick.... I won't see my Grand kids till Christmas but it will be great!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Sunday Morning to ya all. Been MIA lately. Real busy at work and with the rental house. Off I go .

Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Hi Rick & Jerry,
Jerry, it's great to see you online & I hope that you and Hunter get your picks in for NASCAR...Sure hope your new position of Real Estate Magnet is working out for you 4-Sure.
Wish you the best...
===========================================
Rick, are you looking @ Motor homes to live in ? or just to travel in to explore the world ?
=======================
Teacher `Todd, I hope you got a good price on your boat, and I know it had to be difficult to sell...I'm sure with the way you work + your creative mind that you will have another one soon. ~> Good Luck & I wish you & member's a Great SunDay

Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 AM

Good morning all. Thanks space, I think it was a fair deal for both. I sold it for what I paid for it, but had to put a 1000 into last year to get it running.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
Good morning all. Thanks space, I think it was a fair deal for both. I sold it for what I paid for it, but had to put a 1000 into last year to get it running.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks Todd for your reply...I sure am learning that the less we have, the less we have to worry about...I hope that you had $1K worth of fun with your boat, cause I don't think you could have rented one that nice for that price...

Like my first post this morning on the Blog ~> Life is like a roller coaster with its ups & downs...I'm sure you won't stay down long b-4 you climb back to the TOP...
Wish everyone a Great Day on your Roller Coaster of Life 4-Sure...

I'm still waiting to get my company truck back so I can go out & get some food & then reCharge : ) It's been a busy night/morning 4 me...But I'm happy 2 `be 4-Sure : ) Hope U reading this R 2 : ) Peace/Out from `Space

Old 09-18-2011, 11:51 AM

Mornin guys. About to give Dustin a call so we can do this photoshoot for the Montes. Guess I better check the battery in the Camera.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, September 18, 2011