Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, May 6th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[quote=Possum;455330]It's still Saturday and here I am posting on Sunday's blog! I drove to all the hilltops I could find trying to get pictures of the Monte with the moon in the background. I haven't uploaded them to the computer yet so I don't know if I got any good ones for Space's Moon over Monte thread. I had a pretty fun time just looking at the car thru the camera lens, with the huge white moon in the sky Just what MOON were you shooting Angie ?. And WOW!!! That was way passed your bed time of 9:30 pm isn't it Angie was out late shooting the MOON now thats FUNNY

Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Taz
Good Sunday Morning MCF!

Hope everyone has a great day.

I'm predicting Dale Jr will come in the 15-25 range today. I'll also predict that Jeff Gordon actually finishes the race and has a fairly decent showing.

Of course, if junior wins the race and Jeff crashes half way through, then I'll owe you guys a pepsi.
Ima hold u to that Pepsi

& the track was fun but sucked i couldnt run but had a great time there was some super fast cars there & a first gen Monte that ran 7s in the 1/8th

Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Good Morning: Well it was another late night or maybe early morning in the Rick house. Saturday was one the most boring *** days I had in a long time. Took Ozzie for a walk cause we thought the rain was going to clear up. yeah right. 1/2 way into our walk a big BOOM! Thunder and then we heard never seen a crack of Thunder. We turned around and hightailed it back to the house. Then watched the race. Not a Bad one either. Except that JR fell back again near the end of it. Then we watched a couple of movies from on demand. Then went to sleep around 11 pm. Raining and some thunder. Then at 3:45 am out weather radio went off. Scared the **** out of me & Ozzie lol. Then we were up for a couple of hrs waiting for all that to clear up. Can see whats coming if its dark out. . Then we didn't get up till 9 am. Now just doing our morning clean up and taking showers. Our Grandson is coming over for a while this afternoon. Thats COOL Then watch the race and hope a good one. Nothing else planned for today. Looks like more rain is on the way. Our sump pump is running all the time now. Goes off every 12 mins or so. Land of 10,000 lakes my a**. 10,000 lakes and 10,000 swamps also . We raise MOSQUITO'S in Minn and sell them to other states ! ok time for breakfast. back in a few mins.

Hi `Rick,
Things could `be so much worse 4-Sure.. One of our member's below just PMed me & said he would trade you problems 4-Real...He lost his house, wife, his Monte, but he still was able to keep his `puter to visit the MCF & remember what his life use 2 `be like... Oh, he still has his dog "Ozzie II"..Life is full of changes, some good & some not so good 4-Sure

Wish you a safe/secure day in your Mansion with a/c, food & large screen T.V. with two super cars waiting to be enjoyed + + + +...Yes, life could be so much better for all of us, but also so much worse...I wish you the best & enjoy your special time with your grandson + watching a super race 2day....Just a reminder from your net `friend space.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, my turn to `Beach...LOL...
I'm still @ work, but hope to be off soon & be able to watch a few laps of the Race 2day ...My BeachBum friends are coming `up with some home cooked goodies from our senior citizen friends & we will watch some of the Race on my 10 inch T.V.
==========================================
`Mike (JG), great to read that you had a super time at the races...Any pic's/vid's...
==========================================
Mod Michael, great to see you back from vacation...Look forward to reading all about it + pic's..
=========================================
Wish EveryOne a SuperSuper SunDay...EnJoy 4-Sure

Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 AM

[quote=Ricks 2006 SS;455448][quote=Possum;455330] what MOON were you shooting Angie ?. And WOW!!! That was way passed your bed time of 9:30 pm isn't it

I was shooting pix of that big white circle thing in the sky above my house and Monte. I don't think they have one in Minnesota, land of 10,000 swamps and more mosquitoes than the law allows. Tonight the moon will still be full, so I'm going to try again. Last night was kinda hazy.

By the way, sir - my summer bedtime is 9:45, which gives me more time to play in the yard and catch lightning bugs.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all just watching the race. Go Harvick.
Rick Keep your mosquito's in Minn. we don't want them.
I tried to get moon pics last night too, but had issues with clouds. Maybe tonight.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey all - got caught in a bad rain storm on my way home from my dad's house - weathermen suck!!!!!! I can predict the weather better than they can GRRRRR!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2012, 02:57 PM

Well Gordon just wrecked. Looks like Junior will have to find another drafting buddy since him and Jimmie are both out.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Hey all - got caught in a bad rain storm on my way home from my dad's house - weathermen suck!!!!!! I can predict the weather better than they can GRRRRR!!!!!!

My left knee is a great weather predictor. Albeit a VERY uncomfortable one.