Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, June 24, 2012< Click & Check In

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Morning all. We have had a skunk hanging around the last couple days. My wife was getting ready to leave for work and called the dog in and it was out there in the drive way. So i went to look for it and couldn't see it. She left for work and I tried to go back to sleep and almost was asleep. About 20 minutes later it came back and the dog seen it from the window and started barking like crazy. So now I cannot sleep. Anyone know how to get rid of a skunk.

Godd Morning `Lou & Member's,

Lou click this link to help get rid of skunks & MCF member's that don't contribute (LOL) ~>Mothballs or urine? What is best way to get rid of skunk ... + Bad Member's that don't take a shower b-4 they log in (LOL)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi `Devin, wish you a Fun Sunday & a safe drive back to Home Sweet Home...Will be looking for your pic's & review & if the trip was worth your time & investment ?
==========================================
Good Morning Seattle `Mike, yes we are both having intense rainy weather..We have a Tropical storm in the Gulf & no one really knows what direction it is going to take...Mother Nature can never make up her mind & is always changing it...Wish you SunShine & a clean nominated MOTM Monte Carlo!!!!!
EnJoy your `Day...Yes, I also need another `cup of Spaced`Out Coffee 4-Sure...

Last edited by Space; 06-24-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Lou, if you have a floodlight for the driveway turn it on. Skunks hate bright light. Enjoy your day everyone.
Yeah i was surprised to see it in the daylight I'm gonna head to the hardware store later and see what i can find to get rid of it.

Thanks for the link Space. Also if anyone has any Ideas feel free. My dog was sprayed last year and I dont want to go through that again. Plus I let her back in the house because I didn't know it happened so the whole house smelled.

Last edited by lougreen03; 06-24-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Sunday Morning everyone. Looks like rain today here in Mason Mi. (We really do need it here) Going to try and kick back today kind of sore from spending half the day yesterday under the Deuce.
The Deuce is all ready for the Monte Nats nothing really left to do that I can think of.
Hope all of you at the GM Nats had a great time, be safe driving home today.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Good Morning all and hoping everyone has a great day.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Morning all. Spent the weekend in Detroit. We seen Aretha Franklin at the Fox Theater Friday evening. She had a 30 piece orchestra, and a choir of about 24, plus her 6 backup singers, and 4 occasional dancing girls! The performance was only so-ao, the seats were WAY up, the sounds was poor, but hey, SHE IS A CLASSIC! There can't be many more shows for her. She cancels a lot of the time. So any ways, WE HAD A BLAST! The best part was when she kicked out the piano player and took over the piano, and just let loose for about 20 minutes. Mostly Gospel, but she jammed! GREAT time in MoTown! Got home late last night. Going to get the new J.D. out today and mow.

Looking forward to the National's pic's next weekend. Never been there. Maybe next year.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all, just finished up packing and we will be on the road soon. I'll open a topic for more info a pics later today

Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Getting ready to it the 5 hour road trip back home. Had fun last night here. Check in later after my drive. Gotta get home before the Nascar race starts.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 AM

Anyone know how to get rid of a skunk. <!-- / message -->
They don't hang around for more than a few days, unless you've got cat or dog food outside somewhere. That will attract possums and raccoons too. Try putting a radio blaring loud music in the driveway. If you can bang pots and pans together to scare him (FROM A SAFE DISTANCE!), that might work. Leave bright lights on outside during the night. If the skunk sprays you or your dog, plain vinegar and water should get the smell off. Good luck!

Last edited by Space; 06-24-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Question How's the weather where you are at ?

Hi Member's,
How's the Weather where you are ?

How to read this mapSevere Weather Outlook <!-- weeklyplannermaplink -->National Forecast

<CENTER><SELECT class=blkVerdanaText10 size=5 name=mapSelect><OPTION value="">Select Another Map</OPTION><OPTION selected value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/uscurrenttemperatures_large.html>US: Current Temperatures</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/uscurrentweather_large.html>US: Current Weather</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/floater6_large.html>48-hr Rain/Snow Forecast</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/usdopplerradar_large.html>US: Doppler Radar</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/ussevereweatheralerts_large.html>US: Severe Weather Alerts</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/uscurrentwindsgusts_large.html>US: Current Winds & Gusts</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/usthunderstormfcst_large.html>US: Thunderstorm Fcst</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/uscurrentheatindex_large.html>US: Current Heat Index</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/usfoggytravel_large.html>US Foggy Travel</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/usweathertoday_large.html>US: Weather Today</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/usweathertonight_large.html>US: Weather Tonight</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/usmorningforecast_large.html>US: Morning Forecast</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/usmiddayforecast_large.html>US: Midday Forecast</OPTION><OPTION value=/maps/news/forecastsummary/useveningforecast_large.html>US: Evening Forecast</OPTION></SELECT>

<!-- Large Map -->New: Track Storms With Your Location on Advanced Maps & No Ads - Click Here!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++
Good Morning `Mel,`Tadd, `Keane, Mod `Wayne, `Jerry &
Member's...
Thanks for checking in with your Monte Carlo Family 2day.
Wish everyone a Super Sunday.
I hope everyone's A/C is working or you're out
at the beach
EnJoy your new day of `Life
4-Sure
</CENTER>

Last edited by Space; 06-24-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Possum
They don't hang around for more than a few days, unless you've got cat or dog food outside somewhere. That will attract possums and raccoons too. Try putting a radio blaring loud music in the driveway. If you can bang pots and pans together to scare him (FROM A SAFE DISTANCE!), that might work. Leave bright lights on outside during the night. If the skunk sprays you or your dog, plain vinegar and water should get the smell off. Good luck!

Hi `Angie, Great to see you online & helping a member.
I hope life is going good for you (?)...Can ladies use the above also for guys that drives 2 Red Chevy Rides & a bike LOL *Sorry, I couldn't resist
Wish you a Super Sunday ~> EnJoy

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, June 24, 2012< Click & Check In