Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday January 8th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello all... I've been struggling with things recently, namely the diagnosis of my wife. She has stage 3 Hodgkin Lymphoma and has to go through 6 months of chemotherapy. This is a big blow to us, as we just started our lives together, just bought a house, a car for her. I question why this has happened, as she is a great person, why couldn't this happen to some gangbanger that's out shooting up neighborhoods?

Anyway. We don't know how she's going to respond to the chemo, which starts on the 18th, so I'm working on a home business, so I can be close to her whenever she needs me. The link is in my sig; usatyourservice.webs.com. I just finished setting the site up, but if any of you need any of the services listed, let me know; and if you know of any businesses or individuals that may want my services, let me know.

It's greatly appreciated. Thanks, hope everyone has been doing well.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Good evening everybody. The day flew by. Weekend days always seem to do that. We went to the home show in Tampa. I got some contacts for a whole house water system. I have well water and it is horrible. We have been buying bottled water. At 4.00 a case it adds up at the end of the year plus the inconvenience of it all.

I also got some contacts on bathroom refitters. That is the second item on my list of things to do after the water system. The third item on my list is installing a driveway. I got the info on a company that installs pavers. I want black and white pavers so that it looks like a checkered flag. I think that will be cool.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your wife John.. I will be praying for her.

Hope everyone is having a good night! Started painting my engine cover tonight!!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

What color you painting your cover Ashley?

Old 01-08-2012, 08:41 PM

1 Year Member

Red, black, white, and a little pink accent.

Its my first one and I hope it looks ok when I'm done!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ohh nice lol deff post pics wen its done, im sure itll look great, i still need to finish mine

Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Hello all... I've been struggling with things recently, namely the diagnosis of my wife. She has stage 3 Hodgkin Lymphoma and has to go through 6 months of chemotherapy. This is a big blow to us, as we just started our lives together, just bought a house, a car for her. I question why this has happened, as she is a great person, why couldn't this happen to some gangbanger that's out shooting up neighborhoods?

Anyway. We don't know how she's going to respond to the chemo, which starts on the 18th, so I'm working on a home business, so I can be close to her whenever she needs me. The link is in my sig; usatyourservice.webs.com. I just finished setting the site up, but if any of you need any of the services listed, let me know; and if you know of any businesses or individuals that may want my services, let me know.

I understand how you feel. If you ever need someone to talk to, just message me. Actually, I can tell you the whole forum is supportive. They have been to me.
My wife just went through 6 months of chemo treatments for leukemia. She is now officially in remission, but there is a 50% chance that it could come back in the next two years.
She/we always tried to live our lives right and she doesn't smoke or drink. She still becomes upset when she sees people smoking who are seemingly healthy and she winds up with a form of cancer herself. That kind of thing. It's an emotional roller-coaster for sure.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 PM

1 Year Member

Frank inspired me. I was going to send it to him, but I figured I would give it a shot since I have all the paint.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb

Sorry to here about you wife we will say a prayer for her.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It does make you wonder why bad things happen to good people and not all the bad ones out there. Best wishes for you and your wife. Hang in there. Prayer sent.
Show us some pics Ashley as you work on it. I would like to do something to mine, but not sure what. Now would be a great time since I am laid off. I would just hate to ruin it.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday January 8th 2012