Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, January 20th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I don't drive my cars into the city haha. I'm taking public transportation in.

Thanks Mod `Mike for your reply...Yes, I guess you Rich Kid's get driven around the cities of your Life (LoL)...I think it's a wise decision 4-Sure (I don't like parking a nice ride in a large parking lot)
Why I love Philadelphia

Convenient Transportation.

A Septa bus that covers route 133.

Philadelphia's public transportation makes it extremely convenient to reach any of your destinations. You have two main streets which effectively divides the city of Philadelphia into quads. Both of these major roads are accompanied by their own subway trains that will take you almost anywhere on that path. The countless bus routes effectively covers the rest of the city.
One of the many reasons I love Philadelphia is the ease of getting around. Center City, the heart of Philadelphia is littered with shops, restaurants, and entertainment. Hanging out in the vicinity will not be a problem because of how easy it is to walk in the area. The streets are effectively mapped like a grid, and with City Hall at the center point and knowing your numbered streets, getting lost is almost impossible even for newcomers.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I didn't realize that was Matt's pic - nice shot!

Those plate sure are orange GDK. I don't know why you'd want 2 plates up front. 1 is annoying enough.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 AM

Good morning!

One plate vote here! I would be out driving my Vette if there wasn't salt all over the road...It's cold but nice and sunny.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the inputs, i was thinking 1 as well so 1 it is. Not sure what to do with the monte plate now, and no plate filler mike. Got 22.1 on the last tank on the intimidator, i'd add another fuelly badge but the forum only allows 2 pics

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 01-20-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I didn't realize that was Matt's pic - nice shot!

Hi `Brent,
Yes, I must admit that I borrow many pictures/article's from the web & share with our Monte Carlo Family...We have many member's that have great talents in taking pictures & sharing (I need to get a camera someday & learn)...

I agree, I don't like front plates on vehicles, but I understand why law enforcement wants them...In Florida, we still only use a rear plate. I wish I owned a ride to put a plate on (lol)...Our BeachBum Family GMC Van is still in my g/father's name..

I'm surprise that not many member's put their plates in a frame...
PlateFrame License Plate Frames by WeatherTech | WeatherTech.com < Like this ? I think it add's a final touch to a great ride
========================================
Good Morning `Joe, If I had a new Corvette & the roads were clear I'd be out their on my highways of life 4-Sure to EnJoy my investment of fast ~> `Fun...

Wish you & Member's a SuperSuper SunDay

Last edited by Space; 01-20-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Thanks for the inputs, i was thinking 1 as well so 1 it is. Not sure what to do with the monte plate now, and no plate filler mike. Got 22.1 on the last tank on the intimidator, i'd add another fuelly badge but the forum only allows 2 pics

Hi `Keane, if I had it & your SuperCharged Monte I'd post a super picture in my Bedroom with the Plate & it would be the first thing I'd look @ when I awoke...(Now, that's a good reason to jump outa bed) & get ready to hit your highways 4-Sure... That's the first thought I had when I read your post (lol)

Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Space
The more I see the new Corvette, the more I like it
(below from's Matt's Thread Detroit Auto Show)
The more i see it the more i hate it

Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd say stick with 1 plate. Ny plates are gawdy enough that it takes the good out of everything it sits on.... *gag*

I'd put the heartbeat plate in the rear window :P
anyway, off to work again. atleast its sunday...(short day.)

Old 01-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone.

Keane, definitely only 1 plate. I've never liked the look when people piggyback 2 plates like in your second pic.

Matt, good luck in Mexico.

I like the `vette except for the exhaust. Not feeling the four pipe center exhaust. I never did like center exhaust. IMO, it would look better with the exhaust on the left and right edges of the bumper. Or maybe even a side exhaust on each side of the car.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
The more i see it the more i hate it

Hi `Mike, isn't it great that we have so many choices in auto's & that you are not required to like the Corvette or other rides 4-Sure...

It would be very sad `if we all liked the same ride & we did not have choices....I'm just thankful that we have so many choices & dreams.

I think the new base price on the new `Vette will be in the low $50K and rides like the Viper are so much higher...I know presently, I could not afford one, but it's sure great to dream about...

I hope that you are feeling better & it's great to see you back online.
When do you think you will have a Viper in your Life ?
Wish you a Super New Day ~> EnJoy

I'm still wondering when I will have a `Life ?>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi `Jen, sorry to read about your rear bumper damage : (
Wish U a E.Z. Day @ work & a fun time this eve on your `off time!

Last edited by Space; 01-20-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, January 20th 2013