Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, February 3rd 2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning friends! Jen glad you are ok! Super driving kid!

Sooo cold here this morning I dont remember it being so cold last year

Not much new trying to get through the winter best I can w/o the Deuce.

You all keep safe out there !

Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all up before everyone like usual and watching my car shows going to get the patio ready for the bowl have a great day all.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM

Good morning, and good day all. Gonna go to church then spend the rest of the day studying. =)

Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 AM

Good morning! Super Bowl day!

Glad you missed that car Red N. Nice diagram...

Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

when I looked around suprised I maneuvered perfectly, every driver around was staring at me in shock, all except the driver of the car I almost hit...too busy texting on his phone. he wouldn't even know what happened if I did.. & then proceeded to drive up my butt the entire way I can't wait till spring..

Anyway..work again today. going to use the money for my tensioner & buy a new fuel pressure regulator & some MAF cleaners..hopefully it solves my starting issues. Gotta figure the problem out fast...with my driving it could get to the point were I'm stuck i drive so much.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone

Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
good morning!
Just 2 hours ago I had a bit of white knuckle driving in some fresh powdery snow & no salt/sand on the road yet. Almost rammed into someone's rear end too..thanks to my quick reaction & probably flawless abs steering I managed to avoid an accident.

I was driving down a nice big hill around 15-20 slowing easy to a stop. It was very light pressure on the brakes & the tires began to slip and i begin to glide towards the stopped car at the light below. You can only imagine the obscenities coming out of my mouth as I glided forward.. So, I took a deep breath, eased the wheel to the left & let the tires catch to turn out of the way & then hard right to spin the rear to the side...finally stopping me directly in front of the stopped car.
& here is a rediculously accurate paint drawing of the scene attached below..
Wow glad you are ok! It's good you know how to drive in adverse conditions. Surprisingly a lot of people in the north don't get it lol. They just panic and mash their foot on the brake and end up steering themselves into a ditch or someone else... I had a similar situation a few years ago down here. It snowed lightly and I was going uphill about 65mph on the highway in the left lane (everyone else, about 30mph haha). Suddenly lost traction and spun out at 65 mph heading towards the concrete barrier Managed to save myself but ended up doing a complete 180 facing oncoming traffic and literally three feet from the barrier. Pretty much nothing but expletives all the way home lol.

You really lucked out, esp since you said your tires are worn out right?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Light flurries overnight here...
Its Lizzys friday Hooray!
Great avoidance Jen!
Nothn Special Happening here today...
Hope everyone has a Great Day!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Wow glad you are ok! It's good you know how to drive in adverse conditions. Surprisingly a lot of people in the north don't get it lol. They just panic and mash their foot on the brake and end up steering themselves into a ditch or someone else... I had a similar situation a few years ago down here. It snowed lightly and I was going uphill about 65mph on the highway in the left lane (everyone else, about 30mph haha). Suddenly lost traction and spun out at 65 mph heading towards the concrete barrier Managed to save myself but ended up doing a complete 180 facing oncoming traffic and literally three feet from the barrier. Pretty much nothing but expletives all the way home lol.

You really lucked out, esp since you said your tires are worn out right?
they are not completely bald yet, just above the tread markers on most. & dry rotting(cracking) but they are horrific in the snow...I have trouble keeping the car straight in the snow. Later that night I was having alot of trouble going uphilll. the road has indentations of the tire path so you kinda get stuck in it & takes you with it.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, February 3rd 2013