Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, February 19th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
All this bordem is bad, sitting here thinking about things, never ends well really, just end up discouraging myself from a bunch of things and viewing everything negatively
you gotta keep your mind working at something. i was like that last week. couldnt get my mind off all the bs that was going on and would come home and think about it. i have just been trying to keep busy. even listening to music helps keep your mind off all the discouraging stuff.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
All this bordem is bad, sitting here thinking about things, never ends well really, just end up discouraging myself from a bunch of things and viewing everything negatively
I know what you mean Keane. I'm sitting here kind of freaking out, nervous about starting my new job Tuesday.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich
I know what you mean Keane. I'm sitting here kind of freaking out, nervous about starting my new job Tuesday.
Kerry don't sweat it, you will do fine. I am glad that you got a job with an awesome benefits package. Other than a good retirement benefit, that is what I have at Disney.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
im not much of the night club type of person.
Zach I think you are better off without the night clubs. They are full of smoke, trouble makers, and drunks. I think you will meet a nice girl while riding or at a cruise in. When the time is right it will happen.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Kerry the new job will be fine i'm sure but i know it's hard not to worry

Old 02-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just got done paying some bill......no just watching the battle over the earnhardt mats.....

Kerry, just be yourself and not worry about it, you had a great weekend with the family and things are gonna get better with the new job......

Keane, get out and get a different job and be more positive with yourself, you can do it man....

Old 02-19-2012, 11:00 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Well Emily just got home, & apparently I gotta wash her car tomorrow

Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. I was very good at my job at the Wal Mart distribution center. I could put over 500 pallets of freight in racks over 30 ft high in a 10 hour shift (that's about 9 hours of actual working after breaks). I handled $1000's worth of merchandise every night. Then they put me on permanent weekends and I put up with that for a year and had to move on. I was only at my new job around 2 months when my wife was diagnosed with leukemia. I worked in the shipping department of a fiberglass parts plant and I ABSOLUTELY hated it. Any self-confidence (an area I've had problems with all my life) I had went straight down the drain and this is my first attempt at going back to work since my wife got sick. I know it's just a custodian job, but on nights they have basketball or wrestling in the gym and/or a banquet or something at the same time in the cafeteria it can be hectic trying to clean and take care of everything at one time. So I've heard anyway, and now I'm already worrying about it.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Usually my mind is occupied with something, like the computer project, but for now i got nothing on my mind. I really do need another job, even it is at the same place. I like most of my co workers, but just the job itself is a pain, equipment failures are getting common, computers crash, people are cranky and damanding. Maybe it is good i only work a couple days this week. Me being positve sometimes would be like trying to shove a square through a round hole.... aint gonna happen. I try do, not sure why i only see the negative side of things, me included i only ever see my negative side and as a result i'm my own worst critict.

Kerry i think you should do fine at your job.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Zach I think you are better off without the night clubs. They are full of smoke, trouble makers, and drunks. I think you will meet a nice girl while riding or at a cruise in. When the time is right it will happen.
hopefully. i dont think i am going go out looking too hard. it will happen sometime and i am starting to enjoy being single for the time being

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Well Emily just got home, & apparently I gotta wash her car tomorrow
i may have missed it when i disappeared there for a week but did she get a new car?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, February 19th 2012