Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Smile >Happy SunDay 2 U < > EnJoy 4-Sure <

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Hey space, good to see you check in today!

Hope Mike is ok! anyone heard from him?
Buddy showed me this, i thought it was funny.
Headlight fluid:

Hi `Devin,
I try 2 check in everyday, but sometimes (many times) life & work gets in the way . We do appreciate that you got our `blog up this morning 4-Sure...Thank You!

* I seen that Mike (JG) was online yesterday & made a post.., but not in our `Blog...Maybe he is tired, or his schedule has changed (?) Maybe he will let us know what's `up ? Maybe he just needed a `break *& I can relate) He has done a super `job consistantly on getting it `up every new day...I'm happy that other super member's like you & others that post it up when Mike or others member's can not...
=======================================
LoL `Devin, your posted `vid (Headlight Fluid) was Super Funny (Thanks)....It made me laugh so hard I think I got Headlight Fluid on my pants > LoL
-----------------------------------
`Matt, you did a SuperSuperSuper `job on your headlight `mod 4-Sure...They look `GREAT...Thanks 4 sharing 4-Sure
====================================
Hi `Tadd, I hope you get some great Munchie's shop'in 2day...
Wish you & members a SuperSunday > EnJoy

Proof that Chevy Monte Carlo's are built like a `Rock
The SUV and Chevy Monte Carlo were beat up after a 60-foot tree fell on both as they traveled on Interstate 84 near Bridal Veil this morning, but no one inside the vehicles was hurt.

The tree, which measured about 3 feet in diameter, fell near milepost 26
about 11:25 a.m., hitting both vehicles in the right lane, said Lt. Gregg Hastings, an

Oregon State Police
spokesman.

It hit the Ford Explorer -- driven by 28-year-old Eric Frank, of Boise, Idaho -- in the back, breaking a window, Hastings said. The Monte Carlo -- driven by 67-year-old Garry Pipke, of Richmond, B.C. -- was struck on its roof and back, causing "major damage."

Last edited by Space; 04-07-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning. Hey Devin NICE touch with starting the blog today . . Hey DAVE. Hope your feeling better ! I hope you get the all clear when you go in for the check up I wouldn't want to be that guy in the MONTE with that tree that hit him . I'd be scared at 1st. Then pissed afterwards . Watched Michigan Basketball late yesterday evening. Again a Michigan team scared the crap out of me! . Their footbaal team does it to me all year . But I don't miss a game. GO BLUE Had fun at the family dinner last night. Our dinner took 2 1/2 hrs . Thats was from the time we sat down till we said good bye in the parking lot . BUT man we had a riot . Today not sure whats up. Got a little project to finish up this morning. And thats it for Sunday . Hope everyone has a GREAT SUNDAY ! My daughter just left MN for Miami , Fla. On a bussiness trip. Meeting all day till weds. Hope she gets a chance to get out in the SUN. Since Mn is still cold!. OK coffee time. Later.....................Adios

Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Thumbs up "2 be Happy 2 `be 4-Sure"

Hi `Rick,
Thanks for checking in & sharing your past super evening
You have worked hard 4 great retirement & it is a great incentive to others to keep working hard 2 get to where you are in `life...

I enjoy reading your updates & what's happening in your super `life
Wish you & member's a Fun-Sunday > EnJoy
"Be Safe Out there on your Highways of `Life 4-Sure"

Old 04-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just got word, my car goes in the shop tomorrow to get rid of some Rock dings/dents/chips!
Having a few rock dents popped out and the front/hood re-painted! costing a pretty penny but need Black Licorice ready for show season soon!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Hi `Devin, we demand (request Lol) b-4 & after pic's
It's great 2 read that you are taking care of (lov'in) your Monte Carlo...
I am a firm believer that if you `love your Monte Carlo that your Monte will love you back...& `if (?) you abuse your Monte, it will do the same back 2 `ya 4-Sure...

We `all will be look'in 4ward to your updates + pic's
p.s. Nothing good is cheap (is it) If you want it done right, it usually cost hard earned $'s...Wish you a great body/paint Shop

Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

morning all. I have been taking advantage of the warm weather all weekend and getting the yard cleaned up. Plus i cleaned up my wifes impala and my mother in laws monte carlo we were borrowing. I still need to do my Monte but Its a little chilly and overcast today so i think so i think ill just rest my achy body.

The Michigan game turned out good but i was thinking they were gonna lose it at the end.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Devin, we demand (request Lol) b-4 & after pic's
It's great 2 read that you are taking care of (lov'in) your Monte Carlo...
I am a firm believer that if you `love your Monte Carlo that your Monte will love you back...& `if (?) you abuse your Monte, it will do the same back 2 `ya 4-Sure...

We `all will be look'in 4ward to your updates + pic's
p.s. Nothing good is cheap (is it) If you want it done right, it usually cost hard earned $'s...Wish you a great body/paint Shop
Hey space thanks! i'll snap some before pictures this afternoon

Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 AM

Good Afternoon all! Mowing the lawn for the first time this year...

Old 04-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Just got word, my car goes in the shop tomorrow to get rid of some Rock dings/dents/chips!
Having a few rock dents popped out and the front/hood re-painted! costing a pretty penny but need Black Licorice ready for show season soon!
Nice, looking forward to seeing it in a little over a month! You need to get a bra now for the highway driving to protect the new finish. I almost never drive mine on the highway after having the front end repainted a year ago. Don't want to risk it. That's what the Cruze is for now.

Originally Posted by Space
`Matt, you did a SuperSuperSuper `job on your headlight `mod 4-Sure...They look `GREAT...Thanks 4 sharing 4-Sure
Thanks Space, I appreciate it!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[QUOTE=06mistreSS;540562]Nice, looking forward to seeing it in a little over a month! You need to get a bra now for the highway driving to protect the new finish. I almost never drive mine on the highway after having the front end repainted a year ago. Don't want to risk it. That's what the Cruze is for now.

I too had my Monte's front end painted last spring.The whole hood had to re finished. Then since ti had that clear plastic shield. I had it put back on. It goes up to where the hood starts to tapper back. You can't really see it that much. It looks good and helps with the stones on the rds. If I have to travel on the freeway ( i 94) I do NOT follow to close at all. I'm in NO hurry when I'm in the Monte. Just like when I had the Chevelle. No matter where I go in either. I take my time. No in & out of traffic. Stay away from any kind of trucks . So far it paid off . Now my Wife's Cobalt is another story. Hood is chipped to death from all the freeway travels . Going to get it re painted after we get back from out trip.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 7, 2013