Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you Stressed `Out ?
Yes, 75 to 100% of the time
13.33%
50 to 75 % of my life
26.67%
25 to 50% of my life
26.67%
0 - 25% of my time = `Life : )
33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Stress ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Stress ?

A BeachBum Contribution in a Stressful World

Coping With Stress

My Monte needs cleaned, the bills need paid,
I might lose my `job, etc, etc.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/mentalhealth/stress/167.html
Source link
Wish the reader a Stress-Free Day/Life,
The BeachBum's & `Space

Old 03-18-2009, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When in doubt, sleep it off.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Arrow `Sleep 4-Ever : )

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
When in doubt, sleep it off.

LOL, I'd be Sleep'in 4-ever 4-Sure

Try counting sheep
2 Escape `Stress
Click the below link

Funny Pictures of Dolphin Stress Test
If you can see both dolphins, your stress level is within the acceptable range. If you see anything other than two ... Funny Pictures of Dolphin Stress Test ...
www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/images/03/stresstes... - 18k - Similar pages

" It is better 2 laugh , then 2 `cry "
Peace/Out/Bum's

Last edited by Space; 03-18-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Can't Sleep Zzzzz's
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

The only thing in life that stresses me is what is coming up. Like, wife, kids, things like that. The day to day, in my honest opinion, isn't stressful at all.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Arrow Our Future : )

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
The only thing in life that stresses me is what is coming up. Like, wife, kids, things like that. The day to day, in my honest opinion, isn't stressful at all.

`Ted, U R a lucky man 4-Sure.
"We must be `happy in our Now, and be prepared 4 our Future"
__________________________________________________ ___________
One never knows what they may learn on the MCF,
especially if it's from the `Kid
Life In The Future (2010 and beyond)

Contents

Life in the Future
(a not too serious look ahead)
Choosing a Future
(choosing how to live our life)
Examples of fun activities
(Inline Skating, raft races, skiing, sledding,
snow boarding, team sports, etc.)
Evaluating this Web site: alittlehistory.com

Permanent People:

Over the next 20 to 50 years, it will become harder to tell the difference between the human and the machine. All body parts will be replaceable. A computer will function like the human brain with the ability to recognize feelings and respond in a feeling way. They will then produce fake people.

We will then be able to create a machine duplicate of ourselves so we will appear to be alive long after we are dead. Like Kid `Space . Maybe a few decades later, a way will be found to transfer our spirit (including our memories and thoughts) to the new body. Then we can choose to live for as long as we want.

http://www.alittlehistory.com/future.htm

Source link & More above link

Last edited by Space; 03-18-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Preparing for the Future : )
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
We're all guilty of worrying about the "What If's" in life. But they can seldom be changed. So I try not to worry about them.

A guy I was friends with for many years, his ex-wife was like this. And she had a lot of mental problems.

You can not change what you have little control over.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Arrow What `if's ?

Originally Posted by rj
We're all guilty of worrying about the "What If's" in life. But they can seldom be changed. So I try not to worry about them.
Originally Posted by rj

R.J., so true

Would've - Could've - Should've

"We live, & hopefully we learn as we travel our `journey's of `life"

But it is sure less stressful, if you are driving a Monte Carlo

__

Fighting Life's "What Ifs"

Why we worry, fuss, and fret far more than we need to.

By: Edward H. Hallowell

Page 1 of 11
One in four of us will suffer from an anxiety disorder in our lifetime. And the rest of us will worry, fuss, and fret far more than we need to. Now, in this excerpt from his book, Worry, the psychiatrist who helped put attention deficit disorder on the map offers his treatment program for brooders.

"Worry gives a small thing a big shadow."—Swedish Proverb. 4-Sure

Worry is like blood pressure: you need a certain level to live, but too much can kill you. At its worst, worry is insidious, invisible, a relentless scavenger, roaming the corners of your mind, feeding on anything it finds. It sets upon you unwanted and unbidden, feasting on the infinite array of negative possibilities in life, diminishing your enjoyment of friends, family, achievements, and physical being—all because you live in fear of what might go wrong. People who worry too much suffer. For all their hard work, for all their humor and willingness to laugh at themselves, for all their self-awareness, worriers just cannot achieve peace of mind.
Worry is amazingly common. At least one in four of us—about 65 million Americans—will meet the criteria for an anxiety disorder at some point in our lifetime. Even those individuals whose lives are going well may worry excessively on occasion.

And yet, worry is a very treatable condition. Most people today are not aware of all that we have learned about worry in the last 50 years. Just as rainstorms may strike in different ways—sudden thunderstorms, lingering drizzle, occasional showers—so does worry attack its victims variously. We've come to understand the many distinctly different types of worry, and the underlying triggers. Worry may accompany simple shyness, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, or even post-traumatic stress disorder. Each kind of worry responds to specific and powerful techniques, from cognitive therapy to medication to regular exercise.

What Is Worry? Worry is a special form of fear. It is what humans do with simple fear once it reaches the part of their brain called the cerebral cortex. We make fear complex, adding anticipation, memory, imagination, and emotion.

Worry takes many forms, but it almost always stems from an overwhelming sense of vulnerability and powerlessness. Many of us locate the source of worry outside ourselves, believing it is triggered purely by life experiences: "What is going on in the world to make me feel this way?" Such thoughts only increase our feeling of vulnerability. And, as anyone who has worried knows all too well, even when the world is right, worry surfaces. Rational reassurances get no farther into the psyche of the worrier than words spoken in Martian. "Honey, everything will be fine. We are not about to go broke." "There really is no reason to obsess about your boss. He just told you that you were doing a great job!" "Truly, that mole on your back is not malignant melanoma!" The worrier may be momentarily calmed, but the fire soon flares again.

Why does the worrier go on worrying? His mind has, in effect, gone into a spasm, a grip that can't relax and accept good news. He is suffering a kind of "brain burn," because his system is continually pumping out a huge bolus of adrenaline under high pressure.

Psychology Today Magazine,

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Related Articles Harvard Horror

Why dumping people puts you in the dumps.

When to Choose Is to Lose

How to avoid the decision blues.

The Science of Meditation

Squashing anxiety in a tranquil state.

Page two continues with this report, but turns it onto a "happy" note. Stay tuned in!

<< First page < 1 2Next page >

Peace/Out
The `Bums &`Space

Last edited by Space; 03-18-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: I share, cause I care : )
Old 03-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i try not to get stressed out about too much, gives me headaches...plus life is so much happier when your not stressed

Old 03-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by rj

A guy I was friends with for many years, his ex-wife was like this. And she had a lot of mental problems.

Not really "What if's?" More like "What will's?"
That's what freaks me out. I'm content and happy about what has happened in my life so far and what is going on right now, besides, of course, the loss of family and friends over the years.

Originally Posted by wiz kidd
i try not to get stressed out about too much, gives me headaches...plus life is so much happier when your not stressed
Quoted for the truth!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

So how are things with you and the girlfriend Space? :p (just kidding)
Probably. Among other things.

Originally Posted by rj

On the same note:

You can't control the bad things people say about you. You can, however, control whether or not they're true! Actions speak louder than words. So make your actions speak louder than their words.
If I go around telling everyone that you were a drunk and a womanizer, when in reality you lead a fairly sober life and were a decent and honest family man; Then I'll have a pretty hard time getting people to listen to me.

Quick Reply: Stress ?