Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Street Racing

Old 03-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default Street Racing

Those of you that are out that racing on the streets, please, please stop and think about what could happen. A friend of mine is in a Houston hospital right now because of some guys racing about 5:30 Sunday morning.

Some kids were racing in the fog and rearended him. He flipped his truck three or four times (Dodge 4-door) and they had to cut the roof off to get him out. He was unconscious and has a head injury. They took him straight to Herman Hospital in Houston. He's alert now and has no broken bones but does have a blood clot they are watching. They think it will dissipate on it's own but if not he will need surgery.

I'm almost certain there wil be charges filed. Not only could they all have been killed but now that person will have a record to follow him.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:52 AM
Question Is this your friends Truck ?

"Stupid Kids, do stupid Things..4-Sure"
I was/am one of them

Overnight roll over
Truck Rolls 5 Times,
Hits Pole

Last Edited: Wednesday, 18 Mar 2009, 8:47 AM CDT

HOUSTON - A driver is in stable condition after his truck veered off the road and rolled five times before snapping a telephone pole.

Houston Police say the accident occurred around 1 a.m. Wednesday as the white Dodge truck traveled in the 5900 block of Liberty. Driver stated he was on his way to see MCF: Member `Becky . He couldn't wait to see her. The driver was transported to the hospital. It is unknown why his truck left the road, but they believe he was forced `off the
road by crazy teen "Street Racer's"
(This is the only article I could find this morning after I got 2 the office.
__________________________________________________ ________
`Becky, I hope your friend has a full recovery.
I have been guilty of `Street Rac'in & it has cost me
Big $'s....Liv'in & Learn'in the Hard Way.

Last edited by Space; 03-23-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Arrow More Rac'in Articles : (

Hi Becky & Member's,
Your post was the first one I read this morning, so I searched and read the news in the Houston area.
Yours News is as bad as Florida news
I've added the below of another accident that a teen
lost his life from street Rac'in There seems to be a lot
of street racing in your area also.
I've learned to take it 2 the `Track 4-Sure.
Wish you & reader a safe/happy `day.

Street racing leads to teenager’s death

Updated: 03/09
SOUTH COUNTY – A teenager died early Thursday morning when the pickup truck he was driving flipped and skidded several hundred feet as the result of street racing, a law enforcement official said.

Daniel Norman Taylor, 17, of Spring was traveling south on Riley Fuzzel Road about 1:30 a.m. when his four-door Dodge truck and a two-door Chevrolet pickup driven by Cameron Kohle Layton, 17, of Spring, bumped into each other, triggering the fatal crash.
(As a Teen, we act B-4 we Think , & sometimes it's 2 late)
Texas Department of Public Safety Sgt. Travis Barnhill, who is heading up the investigation, said Taylor and Layton began racing on a two-lane stretch of roadway shortly after leaving Layton’s house, where the two had been “hanging out” with several acquaintances, Barnhill said.

“They were all friends, coming from the location,” the trooper said. “I don’t think it (the racing) was planned. We think they were on the way to take some friends home.”

Speed was “definitely” a factor in the wreck, Barnhill said.

Taylor and Layton had driven no more than half a mile on Riley Fuzzel when the wreck occurred, Barnhill said.

He said Layton pulled onto the left – or oncoming – lane of Riley Fuzzel. The right front tire of Layton’s vehicle struck the rear passenger door of Taylor’s truck, Barnhill said.

“We believed Mr. Taylor started to side-skid in a counter-clockwise direction,” the trooper said. “We think he tried to over-correct and the rear tires dug into the dirt.”

That caused the truck to turn over and land on its cab, Barnhill said.

The truck slid for about 200 feet, crushing the cab in the process, he said.

Dale-Ross Primeaux, 20, of Spring, was a passenger in Taylor’s truck. Primeaux was transported to Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital, where he was in stable condition, Barnhill said.

Layton and the passenger in his truck, Christopher Ridge, 21, from California, were not injured.

Barnhill said he plans to file charges against Layton with the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office.

Street racing is a Class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Transportation Code. However, the penalty is raised to a third-degree felony if injury occurs. The penalty elevates to a third-degree felony should the act result in death.

All four men were wearing seatbelts at the time of the wreck, Barnhill said.

Taylor’s body was sent to the Southeast Forensic Center in Conroe for an autopsy. Barnhill said troopers found some illicit drugs in Taylor’s vehicle.

Taylor is the 14th traffic fatality in Montgomery County this year.

Last edited by Space; 03-23-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Photobucket

I couldn't find anything on the internet about it. I'll see if any other friends in that area know if it was on the news or in the paper. It happened in Baytown but he doesn't live there, he was returning home from visiting some friends. He lives in the Copperas Cove/Ft Hood area.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:25 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear a friend of your's was injured due to street racing.

Our Prayers go out to his and his family. Hope he makes a full recover.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your friend Becky.

There are more vehicles on the road than ever before. Please take the racing to the track.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Sorry for your friend, thats horrible. Especially in fog, were they even stable enough to be driving?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Sad! Sorry to hear that Becky. I will pray for him RIGHT NOW.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Photobucket

He was released from the hospital this afternoon. Still has the blood clot but they are giving him meds to prevent seizures and hopefully dissolve it.