Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Stray Cats...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Stray Cats...

Ive been having problems with some cats since we moved over here. The owners moved but left the cats and no one claims them. I contacted the spca or whatever people and they fed me some bs about being over populated and they cant do anything. Everytime I walk outside I see one of two cats on my car and in all honesty I want to kill them! My moms convertible top looks like crap and my car has scratches. I dont know what to do! I want to get rid of them but how? I know if I kill them I will end up with some kind of fine and jail time... I uploaded a couple of pics of some scratches... I refuse to buy a car cover because thats just money I dont want to waste... All the smell deterents (citrus or w.e) dont work and I even "accidentally" left some anti-freeze in an oil change bucket and nothing.

Attached Thumbnails Stray Cats...-img_0249.jpg   Stray Cats...-img_0248.jpg   Stray Cats...-img_0247.jpg   Stray Cats...-img_0246.jpg   Stray Cats...-img_0245.jpg  

Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 PM

Honestly I'm a cat person and I think jail time is right for killing them, someone ran up over a curb to try to kill one of my outdoor cats and found themselves with a hefty fine if its that big of a deal catch them and bring them to a vet. They will keep them awhile for adoption or send them elsewhere. or worse if they cant get rid of them they will put them down. Either that or get a very tall fence lol

Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben
I even "accidentally" left some anti-freeze in an oil change bucket and nothing.
They would die a slow, painful death from anti-freeze - possibly curled up in your engine bay or under your porch. Is there an Animal Control or Humane Society there? Or a Feral Cat Rescue organization? Here in St. Louis we'd call Animal Control and tell them the neighbors left a nuisance animal and we're allergic to it so could they please trap it and take it away for adoption.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:27 PM

Another thought is this, I personally dont like it because it seems cruel but it seems to work, get an airsoft spring loaded one of course pistol with the plastic pellet bbs and shot them in the side when they are on the car or too close or whatever and they will learn to stay away same concept you could also use a squirt bottle of water unless they dont mind water.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member

Well I did call ?caaw? or some kind of non-profit organization and they said they were over populated so Ill start searching again in the am for another one. How do I go about setting a cage and a trap??? I think this would be my best bet bc it would be my luck to miss the cat and shoot my car lol

Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 PM

Easiest way would be to get a can of wet catfood n put it in a pet porter.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We can go to our local animal shelter and they loan us a trap. Then you take the trap and cat back to them...

Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
We can go to our local animal shelter and they loan us a trap. Then you take the trap and cat back to them...
I will definately see if I can do this next week! Im tired of them, I mean I already need a new paint job but gosh lol

Old 03-17-2012, 11:03 PM

What ever you do DO NOT USE MOTH ***** THE CHEMICAL IS VERY BAD FOR HUMANS TO BREATHE BUT THE CATS DONT LIKE IT....IT CAN KILL ALLLLLL ANIMALS AND PEOPLE TOO...OLD MYTH......S.P.C.A

Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Landmines?? just take a water hose & spray em every time you see em around your car

Quick Reply: Stray Cats...