Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Are Station Wagons Cool?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I think station wagons are cooler than a minivan.

Of course I like the classic Chevy Nomad. And the Dodge Magnum R/T is hot. That's why former MCF moderator Wiz Kidd sold his Tony Stewart edition Monte and got a Magnum R/T to "responsibly" drive his expanding family around.
I have to use this with the wife.lol

"Baby, i'm doing it for US"

Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Now, this, is my kinda wagon....99 Volvo V70 R Turbo AWD...FTW

Last edited by 02ssLE; 09-14-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 PM

im alllllll about the 1970 Chevy Nomad

Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Old 09-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Good job guys. That is an impressive list of wagons. I didn't realize that there were so many new wagons. I am old school and forget about the new other than the Magnum which can be considered an old car now. The last Magnum was built in 2008. I think I would like to add one to my fleet. I would have to customize it though. I would have to put a Chrysler 300 nose on it. Not real sure about wood grain trim but definitely some Town & Country badges.
I like the 2 door Malibu wagon. I don't think I've seen one before. The Olds Vista Cruisers are awesom with those roof windows. I think some of the Buicks had them too.
The Mazda is ok. Anybody remember the Maxda RX-3 wagons? They had the Rotary engine from the RX-7. They went like a scalded cat. The Cadillac doesn't do anything for me.
I'm suprprised that no one list a SS wagon.

Really, the CTS-V does nothing for you?
Here is one I found on LS1Tech.com. It belongs to "ta25th". Hope he doesn't mind me using his pics, but his wagon is gorgeous!

Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Really, the CTS-V does nothing for you?
Here is one I found on LS1Tech.com. It belongs to "ta25th". Hope he doesn't mind me using his pics, but his wagon is gorgeous!

Sorry man. Doesn't do anything for me either. Not saying I hate it, or it's ugly or anything. I could take it or leave it. But it's not like I would start drooling and immediately say I want one.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:40 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Last time I got in a Cadillac was about 4-5 years ago... looked good on the outside, and then I got inside... inside like an 04-05 or so Cadillac 4 door, think that was the CTS then? Anywho, as soon as I sat inside of it I was like.... "Where the heck did they find all of this plastic, and why does everything look so CHINSY in here?????"

Seriously, nice looking on the outside, crap on the inside.

Then I did some research on the North Star V8 and that ended my parents looking at Cadillacs.... think burns over a quart of oil every 3000 miles and GM calls this "Normal?" No, this was normal for in a 455 in 1970. This was "normal" in a 1968 Torino with a 390. This is NOT the norm in 2011, pal!

Now that wagon looks appetizing on the outside... most likely has the power, but what's that interior like?

Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Last time I got in a Cadillac was about 4-5 years ago... looked good on the outside, and then I got inside... inside like an 04-05 or so Cadillac 4 door, think that was the CTS then? Anywho, as soon as I sat inside of it I was like.... "Where the heck did they find all of this plastic, and why does everything look so CHINSY in here?????"

Seriously, nice looking on the outside, crap on the inside.

Then I did some research on the North Star V8 and that ended my parents looking at Cadillacs.... think burns over a quart of oil every 3000 miles and GM calls this "Normal?" No, this was normal for in a 455 in 1970. This was "normal" in a 1968 Torino with a 390. This is NOT the norm in 2011, pal!

Now that wagon looks appetizing on the outside... most likely has the power, but what's that interior like?
Couldn't the same thing be said for all GM interiors?!?

The new ones do not have the Northstar anymore, the interiors are very nice, and this one has a detuned ZR-1 motor in it with a 6 speed manual.

End of defending one of the baddest wagons on the planet.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

To be honest. To me, a Cadillac should be the ultimate in class and refinement inside and out. And the CTS-V doesn't do that IMO. But that's just my taste. I think GM should leave the ultra crazy performance for the other divisions.

Rolls Royce doesn't make a sports car. You know why? Because they know what their market is, and what their reputation is for. They're known for royalty-level class and refinement. And airplane/military engines.

Just my opinion. But GM needs to quit trying to make a Cadillac version of everything. No Cadillac trucks, SUV's, cross overs, muscle cars, minivans, bicycles, pizza delivery wagons, grocery carts, etc, etc, etc, what ever. Just stick to what Cadillac is known for. The ultimate in a domestic luxury car.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't criticize Chevrolet for a chinsy interior as much as I would Cadillac because Cadillac is on a higher scale as far as luxury goes. Ifeel like the Monte Carlo has one of the greatest interiors Chevrolet or GM ever put into a car. GM is known for chinsy interiors, but still.. .dang. The Cadillac honestly has about the same interior as a Chevy Impala from the same time period to me. That, I find unacceptable.

Quick Reply: Are Station Wagons Cool?