Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Stageway

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by rj
Small world.

I waited a long time to mention my '57s on the EEKs forum. I mean a long time. Didn't want people thinking I was bragging. And I never did talk about the Montes. Again, bragging.
I only go there for tech now, and quite rarely at that. I spent a couple years trying to break into their clique, and it never quite worked out. I met them at Carlisle a couple of times. Last year one of the big wigs from the Daytona forum ripped my car to shreds (pointed out every flaw that I was already aware of, thanks) in front of friends I made at the show even though he knew they weren't show cars. My new friends were shocked at his little performance. I always made it clear my cars were not show cars on the forums. The cars were parked on the fun field, and I wasn't expecting to win trophies. I had two Daytonas registered under their club name to help them get a bigger tent too, never again. I'm not too bitter, though.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:12 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow.
Not cool.

The EEK forum tried ot get me to come to Carlisle. It's about an 8 hr trip for me I did meet a few AllParers at the Mopar Nats the times we went. I became real good friends with Michelle and her deceased husband Chad from the EEK forum. We met a few times in Columbus just to hang out. And they drove from State College, PA to get there. Chad came home from work one morning and fell dead on the floor at age 31. Massive heart failure. That was in 2001. Michelle hooked up with about a dozen losers after that. I think she got married again last fall?

People on the EEK board told me I was a staple there. But I've been on too many forums to be of much help. That and I couldn't keep my mouth shut on Chevy Talk.com. I go back to AllPar every once in a while just to say "HI."

Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 PM

I just want to make it clear, I didn't have words with him or anything like that, in case it sounded that way. It was just me and this other guy I met at the show standing there with our mouths wide open, amazed that he would do that. I don't think he even meant to be malicious, but he has a very blunt, in your face style. They probably have no idea they offended me, unless anyone wondered why I stopped posting. So I bit my tongue and decided that I no longer need to be registering with them as my club at the Chrysler show in Carlisle. Maybe I'll put "Monte Carlo Forum" on my registration this year.:p

Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

MCF would be good.

I have no connection with the people on the AllPar Daytona forum.

But if this guy did as you describe, it's not cool. Whether he ment to or not, he knew you were (more or less) a stranger to him.

I know I would not treat another fellow car lover that way. Now IF they gave me a reason, say they were over tearing my car apart first and thought I'd set there and take their s--t, THEN.... I may give them a taste of their own medicine? Generally, I'm not that kind of person. I treat everyone with respect. If we've known each other 1 year or 10 years.