Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Sports Cars 2016-2017: The Best and the Rest

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Sports Cars 2016-2017: The Best and the Rest

Sports Cars 2016-2017: The Best and the Rest...
Which one do you want ? Like ?
Post it >Thank You<
It's like a auto candy Store.
I want 2 drive & test them all before I decide >LOL<
We sure have a lot of choices 4-$ure.
Be back later, I'm going out to get a Lotto ticket
and dream.

Sports Cars
Premium Sports Cars

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-27-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Thumbs up >More Dream Rides<>EnJoy<

Dodge Viper

MSRP: $90,390 - $121,290
EPA: 12 city/21 hwy
Overview: The Viper is both all-American and a true exotic, with lots of curves and bulges in all the right places to let you know it means business.

Maserati GranTurismo

MSRP: $134,625 - $183,809
EPA: N/A
Overview: Maserati’s GranTurismo offers something extraordinary in a high-performance, six-figure coupe or convertible, one that embodies all that is compelling and irresistible about Italian cars.

McLaren 540C Coupe

MSRP: $160,000 (est.)
EPA: TBD
Overview: The 540C is McLaren’s entry-level sports car, but its 199-mph top speed makes it anything but mundane.

McLaren 570S / 570GT

MSRP: $184,900
EPA: N/A
Overview: There are two members of the 570 family: the 570S and the 570GT; both are set to kick sand in the face of lesser sports cars.

Nissan GT-R

MSRP: $103,365 - $151,585
EPA: 16 city/23 hwy
Overview: While fugly to some, as an instrument of pure speed, the GT-R is a thing of beauty.

Muscle Cars
Sports Coupes and Convertibles

Performance Sports Coupes and Convertibles
Performance Coupes and Convertibles

Old 04-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Talking Keep Dreaming WoW (I need to hit a Big Lotto)

Exotic Sports Cars
Hypercars

Soure >http://www.caranddriver.com/best-sports-cars

Old 04-27-2016, 04:43 PM

2 cars I don't really get:
-nissan 370z. It is definitely a nice looking car, but IMO it's time for a change. Considering it's just a facelift on a 350z, it's really a pretty old setup to still be running with virtually no changes.
-Aston Martin xxxx- I like when a brand has some identity and continuity. You could show someone a 15 year old model and a brand new one, and even if they couldn't name the exact model, they'd know it was an aston. What I have a hard time with is that they all look basically identical, and have for many years (outside of the 4 door). Its just too much of thr same. IMO, they could really use to make some changes to freshen things up.

As for cars I'd like to test drive: alfa 4c, ferrari f12 (never driven any FR ferrari), 911 gt3 (never driven a higher end 911), hellcat.

As for a short list of cars I would like to own (based off of assuming I would like them since I've driven an older or lower end version and really enjoyed it): cayman gt4, vette z06, 488 ferrari, merc amg GT/GTS.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:04 PM
Thumbs up >So many choices WoW<

Hi Chad,
I really enjoy reading your well thought out posts.
You would be a good auto reviewer & Road tester.
I like the Aston, but they are way out of my range. They still seem to be very popular. I see many around Miami & West Palm Beach.

I knew that you would include the new Z06 (I really love it).
They would probably let you test drive the ones you like. Me, they tell me to go get my father (LOL)...

I agree on the 370Z. My lady friend has one & her father paid way to much for it, but that's what she wanted.

I've driven it a few times, but really didn't get on it. I don't like driving someone else's car (I was taught that if you can't afford to replace it, don't abuse it. It runs strong & I like the few changes they have made. Decent review below by Top Speed. I'd rather have a new Corvette or a New Camaro.
I am thankful that we have so many choices in vehicles, `if we have the $'s to buy & enjoy them...Thanks for your post/words/opinions
2015 - 2016 Nissan 370Z Nismo

2015 - 2016 Nissan 370Z Nismo | car review @ Top Speed

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-28-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:16 PM

Very nice list BBM, never heard of the Chiron but 1500hp I guess the Veyron Super Sport is old news.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Very nice list BBM, never heard of the Chiron but 1500hp I guess the Veyron Super Sport is old news.
Thank You, but I have to give credit to Car & Driver who put it together. I just copied it to share with the MCF

Did you order yours yet ?
================================================

Click above 4 vid
The Chiron's top speed is electronically limited to
420 km/h
(
261 mph
) for safety reasons. The anticipated full top speed of the Bugatti Chiron is believed to be
around 463 km/h
(
288 mph
).

Bugatti Chiron @ Top Speed

www.topspeed.com › Bugatti

The other big news that comes with the report is that the revised quad-turbo, 8.0-liter W-16 engine, rumored to crank out around 1,500 horsepower, will be able to take the Chiron up to a top speed of 310.7 mph (500 km/h).
Bugatti Chiron numbers generator: 1,500 (hp), 261 (top ...

www.extremetech.com › Extreme

ExtremeTech

Mar 2, 2016 - The Chiron goes on sale this fall priced at around $2.6 million. Bugatticlaims a top speed of 261 mph or 420 kph with a speedometer that goes, .

Old 04-28-2016, 12:17 PM

Here's the 1500 Horsepower Production Koenigsegg Regera

now in red.​

Here's the 1500 Horsepower Production Koenigsegg Regera

Koenigsegg

BY TRAVIS OKULSKI

Last year, we saw the Koenigsegg Regera at the Geneva Motor Show and we were knocked off our feet. Koenigsegg, a brand that had previously said it had no interest in building hybrids, introduced a 1500 horsepower plug-in hybrid that had no gearbox.
It blew our minds.
Now, Koenigsegg has introduced the production version of the Regera, and other than the red paint, you'll be hard pressed to find anything different on the outside. But that doesn't mean that no changes were made. Koenigsegg says that they made more than 3000 changes from concept to production.

Koenigsegg

It reaches 62 in 2.8 seconds, 125 in 6.6, and 186 in 10.9. That's a full three seconds faster than theBugatti Chiron, a car that wants to be the fastest ever made.
The 800 volt battery pack makes this the first 800 volt production car, though perhaps with how limited the production will be, we should put production in quotes.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
I knew that you would include the new Z06 (I really love it).
I'm a bit odd with c7s. I don't much like the styling of the base model. I think with upgraded body mods like the Z and GS, it looks great, I just can't really get into the base ones.

My biggest fear with a c7 is the trans. The 7 speed is still fairly new, and I'm not sure how much aftermarket there is for it yet. IMO the 8 speed auto is even worse off with GM going to the 10 speed soon. They're definitely both stout in stock form, but it's interesting to see how the hold up with double stock power (or more) and/or some hard drag launches.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Cool Shift yourself to happiness (LOL)

Hi `Chad, thanks again for your contribution to this thread & the MCF. I noticed that you are up early this Friday morning for a west-coaster

Yes, it will be interesting `if the transmission will hold up under abusive power. Auto Manufacturers have come a long way since the 2 speed power glide transmissions. Time will tell (?). At least they aren't putting a CVT in the Corvette or Camaro's

Personally, I prefer to have a good manual transmission & six gears is enough for me. It makes me feel more connected to the car, plus it more fun (Unless)>you're in stop & go traffic. I wish we could choose our own gears, but that could be a mod if available. I also wish there were more rear gearing factory choices. Again, another Mod to fit your driving.

I'm just thankful that we have so many choices, `if we have the money $'s to purchase & enjoy. Peace/Out > Whose next ?

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-29-2016 at 07:39 AM.