Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Sorry to say but ...............

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad I got to see it before it got a new home, never got a ride tho!

So the guy was a cop, should have been like umm officer you know the tint on here is too dark! (After he paid you of course)

Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Actually we sat there for over an hour talking about the car and what I've done to it and some stories about me owning it. He smiled like he knew what I was saying. Funny you bring up the tint. Cause I did tell him about that also and the loud exhaust he could have fun with with the kids. I bet theres two happy little boys out there this morning. Running thru school telling all their friends. NOW that makes my day

Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
At least it was able to go to a home that will appreciate it. You'll hopefully still see it around at car shows and such
yeah Mike I will he lives close to the car show I used to go too most of the time. More like a cruise in spot 500 cars on a saturday afternoon showed up at this place. No prize's just a big get together with cars from the Muscle car days. Hell Justin and I could bring our Montes into that show. Cause they were not old enough

Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would have demanded visitation right Rick !!! LOL
It is great that it is going to keep on keeping on man !!!

Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM

rick are you planning on getting another classic or muscle car?? or other reasons??

Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
I would have demanded visitation right Rick !!! LOL
It is great that it is going to keep on keeping on man !!!
yeah I agree 100% on that. I just got an e mail from Dave the New owner. Guess he surprised both boys with the car. His youngest came out of church and saw it. Dave said you should have seen his face! Both boys have their i phone full of pictures of it. plus his wife got to drive it also. So glad she's bring JOY to Dave & His family like it brought to mine.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:34 PM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
rick are you planning on getting another classic or muscle car?? or other reasons??
I'd never say never! But not at this time. We have other plans but thats still up in the air as which way were going to go. As far as buying another vehicle. I'm happy with the Monte right now. With me as its always been. It would be a spare of the moment thing again. Might be a Dodge Charger 1969 or 70. Or a Mustang 69 or Hell even an Older Harley. Since I've had 8 of them already. And I left that lifestyle to hang around with the cars guys . So anything is possible with me at anytime. Hell I might even one day sell the Monte and buy another Hot Rod. who knows !

Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
yeah I agree 100% on that. I just got an e mail from Dave the New owner. Guess he surprised both boys with the car. His youngest came out of church and saw it. Dave said you should have seen his face! Both boys have their i phone full of pictures of it. plus his wife got to drive it also. So glad she's bring JOY to Dave & His family like it brought to mine.
Heck yea man !!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
I remember once taking her to Sonic's out here. That was the closest thing to back in the day places we used to go to. And there was a Road Runner & a Chevy Nova in there when we pulled in. I gunned my engine and they Gunned theres right back Damn that made my day. The 3 of us gave each other the thumbs up as I drove past them to park. hell the girls on roller skates and the drink trays all bought back some awesome memories.

I hope some of you can relate to whar I'm talking about. It was happy days & American Graffiti all rolled into one. You younger guys & girls don't know what you missed not being from that time in history. Every dude & girl was into it. We lived everyday for those nights & weekends with our cars & friends.
I hear you about cruising around town.. FUN TIMES
Who cared about how much GAS we burned up..
I still go to alot of car shows just for the FUN ..
MY 3 year old grandson said the other day when he gets older he's going to get the vette down an drive it..

Last edited by zjerry; 10-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad the Chevelle went to a good home. My fiance had a non numbers matching 69 Camaro SS and he sold it about 7 years ago - some guy in a couple of towns over from us bought it. He hardly brings it out and only takes it to 1 car show a year. My fiance might be in the process of buying back a 75 Formula Firebird he used to own. It's non numbers matching but it looks stock - it also has a 455 under the hood too
A couple of years ago we also had a chance to buy back our 72 Monte. My fiance has good luck with getting back cars he's sold. He bought his 92 IROC Z brand new but sold it a couple of years later. About 5 years ago he bought that one back.

Quick Reply: Sorry to say but ...............