Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Sorry to say but ...............

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 12:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Sorry to say but ...............

Well the Chevelle sold in 2 days. No long story here. Just putting the info out there that it went to a good home. Dad bought it to bond with his two Son's. Who went crazy when they 1st seen it. But dad wanted to go look at a 67 Chevelle before making his mind up. ( but it all ready was . So he took the two boys home and called John said its sold. I met him tonight for the 1st time. Nice guy works for the police dept. He was thinking on how to surprise the boys that night. I told him drive it into the garage then open up the electric cutouts and rev it once or twice. See how that works. I think he's going to do that. Cause he asked how does that all work with a BIG smile on his face. I got to hear how it went down at his home tonight. One thing i couldn't bring myself to do.... Was watch it pull out of the driveway and go down the street. I walked back in the garage with my back to the Chevelle. I don't want memories of it like that . Nough said. Good night

Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 AM

Well it's sad to hear that you lost such a nice car that I imagine you have many memories with but it's good to hear that it went to a good home. I would love to see the two boys' faces once they hear that engine roar

Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad it was a fast sale.... That was a sweet ride! I'm not sure I coulda let it go....

Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's always sad to see them go, but just think of all the fun times you'll have in that motorhome.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 AM

Man selling a car is as hard as loosing a dog or breaking up w a woman it almost brings a tear to your eye.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick glad to hear everything went without a hitch...

So, Have you deceided which deisel pusher your gonna get?
Dont forget the pics!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 AM

Hi `Rick ~>...I can relate, I had to sell my Monte to pay 4 college & I was so sad to see it `go..

.Now, I just keep dream'in & saving for another

Attached Thumbnails Sorry to say but ...............-spacemonte.jpg  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow Rick. I thought you would get rid of the Monte before you got rid of the Chevelle.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning everyone.

Thanks for all the replies on here about the Chevelle.

Yeah Its sort like a kid of yours moved out! There's an empty place in the garage ( bedroom) where she used to sleep. I had to walk thru the garage to take Ozzie out this Morning. Just doesn't look right in there. The thought of her being gone isn't a happy one at all. BUT its time to move on. We all have to at one point. Man I had some GREAT times with her. .

I think a lot of times. I was re living my younger days with my wife sitting next too me and having my friends around me. 6 of us used to hang out every fri, sat nights in and out of Detroit. Fridays used to Be BIG BOYS on friday nights and A& W's on Warren Ave. Saturday used to be the eastside at the Totem pole and other drive inn's. Then race up and down Woodward or telegraph rds. We'd meet at my house and wash & wax our cars on fri's after work and then take off. Not getting back till late at night. Man those were the days of pure Fun. And thats what the Chevelle was too me. PURE FUN.

That damn Hot Rod sure did make me feel liike I was a lot younger when I was in it! Thats for sure. I remember once taking her to Sonic's out here. That was the closest thing to back in the day places we used to go to. And there was a Road Runner & a Chevy Nova in there when we pulled in. I gunned my engine and they Gunned theres right back Damn that made my day. The 3 of us gave each other the thumbs up as I drove past them to park. hell the girls on roller skates and the drink trays all bought back some awesome memories.

I hope some of you can relate to whar I'm talking about. It was happy days & American Graffiti all rolled into one. You younger guys & girls don't know what you missed not being from that time in history. Every dude & girl was into it. We lived everyday for those nights & weekends with our cars & friends. But everything has to change i guess. But go to a car show and don't just look at the cars. Look at some of the albums some guys put out to look at. Alot of HEART & SOUL went into those cars. And still do today. But no on the same scale as back then.

So I say to you guys & girls that have your Monte's & Mustangs and older Chevys. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE. Go to a car show. tell the dude or dudette they have a nice car. Hell ever the rat rods go back to the days before me. Some awesome car those guys have also. Ok I better stop or this will go into a book instead of a post.

Have a good day.
Rick

Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

At least it was able to go to a home that will appreciate it. You'll hopefully still see it around at car shows and such

Quick Reply: Sorry to say but ...............