Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Sorry Officer : (

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Sorry Officer : (

[align=center][sm=bustedsign.gif]
[/align][align=center]
[X(]Sorry Officer [X(]

What to do when you’re pulled over
By BENGT HALVORSON

As you coast to a stop on the shoulder of the roadway, you know that sick feeling -- you've been busted. And now, it's time to pay.
We thought it might be a good idea to share with you some advice on how to behave once you're pulled over. So, we asked a few state troopers for their list of do's and don'ts. Here's what we gathered:
Pull over as soon as possible. As soon as you even think that you might be the one that the highway patrol car is after, pull over. This shows that you have proper respect for emergency vehicles' right of way, and doesn't necessarily mean to the officer that you're admitting guilt.
Always pull over to the right. Always pull over on the right side of the roadway. On divided highways, signal and safely move over to the far right lane, and then to the shoulder. When you come to a complete stop, choose a section of roadway that has a full shoulder, without guardrails if possible. Pulling over on the left may obstruct traffic, and pulling over next to a guardrail may make it difficult for the officer to safely approach your car. Both are mistakes that won't win favor.
Have an Excuse? What's your best Excuse ?
Officer: What's that smell ?[/align][/align][align=center]Victim: No, it's not Pot - Honest Officer[/align][/align][align=center]Officer: I know, it smells terrible..Victim: Sorry Officer, I messed my pants when I seen you behind me.[/align][/align][align=center]Officer: Ok Space, go home & change you diaper.[/align][align=center]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align][/align]

[/align][align=center]Officer: Why were you speeding ?[/align][/align][align=center]Space: I was trying to get the Mid-night Special at the Dounut Shop. It's about Mid-nite now.....isn't it Officer [/align][/align]
Officer: Follow me Space, you're buying : )
[/align][align=center]
Know where your paperwork is. Normally, when a police officer first pulls you over, he/she will ask for your license, registration and insurance. If you're not well organized and keep the officer waiting while you dig through your possessions, the officer may be less likely to sympathize.

Make the officer feel safe. Turn your dome light on at night. Always keep your hands in plain sight. Don't make any sudden movements. Roll your window down all the way. Stay in the car. Use common sense and don't put the officer in an uncomfortable situation.
Let the cop talk first. Don't blurt out things that could incriminate you. Keep your calm, even if you're upset about being stopped. Don't volunteer information, like how fast you thought you were going. The officer may not be pulling you over for what you think he is. Let him talk to you first. React kindly and you may have more of a chance to be sent on your way without a ticket.

Don't argue with the cop. Challenging the officer is a recipe for disaster, and likely means that you will be written up for the full offense and the officer will be less likely to opt for a compromise in court. So is asking to see the officer's radar-gun calibration records. If you are issued a ticket and wish to contest it, set a date in court.

Space: Officer, could I buy you a Dounut & Coffee
[color=#

Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Sorry Officer : (

i think i've only argued witha cop twice...once was about my underglow under my truck when i had it...and another time was wheni wen through a yellow light...

i used to have 2 neighbours that are cops and they both told me there was nothing wrong with my underglow and that if i get pulled over for it...ask them to show me where it says they're illegal and they couldn't....

still it is always better to be nicer to the cop...then maybe they'll reduce or let you off

thats a good idea to take them out for coffee..i should try that especially when its theh hot female cops lol

Old 01-18-2007, 01:25 PM

[align=center]Wiz Kidd[/align][align=center]Space told me that youpunked him out[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]nominated him.[/align][align=center][:-]c-lick image below [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/69D621E83EB4448A80BDFC84B85B07C8.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Now, take her 4 Coffee : )[/align]

Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space,
Any chance you were pulled over say...... in the last 24 hours by a cop?

and another time was wheni wen through a yellow light...

Hate to tell you this but moving under a yellow light is NOT a traffic violation. The yellow light is there to let people farther behind you know (yes driving through a red light is bad) they better prepare to stop. but if your front tires hit the stop bar or cross walk and the light is yellow you did nothing wrong by continuing to travel through the intersection.

PS. Is the lady cop busy friday night? I could use a date.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:07 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj

Space,
Any chance you were pulled over say...... in the last 24 hours by a cop? Yes, but it was my g/f

[/align][align=center]RJ, thanks for your American Express Credit Card #[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Officer Wanda : ) will be arriving late afternoon thisFriday.....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Make sure she gets back by Monday AM.[/align][align=center]She works the morning shift [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below Image to Enlarge [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/62BC788E2B4D4599B8AD400E68478B87.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]You did order the blow-up version [/align][align=center]Didn't you ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish U a Happy,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 01-18-2007, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member

Space,
Any chance you were pulled over say...... in the last 24 hours by a cop?

and another time was wheni wen through a yellow light...

Hate to tell you this but moving under a yellow light is NOT a traffic violation. The yellow light is there to let people farther behind you know (yes driving through a red light is bad) they better prepare to stop. but if your front tires hit the stop bar or cross walk and the light is yellow you did nothing wrong by continuing to travel through the intersection.

hey, yah, thats what i argued, that i was not able to stop...i was only going 50 but i was already just about to enter the intersection when it turned yellow, and he was about 500 ft from the lights...so i have no idea how he could tell anyway....so needless to say he let me leave...i was only 2 blocks from home

Old 01-18-2007, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]

Space,
Any chance you were pulled over say...... in the last 24 hours by a cop? Yes, but it was my g/f

[/align][align=center]RJ, thanks for your American Express Credit Card #[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Officer Wanda : ) will be arriving late afternoon thisFriday.....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Make sure she gets back by Monday AM.[/align][align=center]She works the morning shift [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below Image to Enlarge [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/62BC788E2B4D4599B8AD400E68478B87.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]You did order the blow-up version [/align][align=center]Didn't you ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish U a Happy,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]
blow up ?? lol....and she has to be back by monday!!!!! lmao!! that was good

Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM

Speaking of cops...

When I used to have my 95 caddy seville with the 4.6 northstar (it had 275 hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque), I used to like to race the ricers. Well, I got caught onetime racing from a stop light. I was winning, goingabout 55 in a 35. When the cop pulled me over and came up to the car he asked, "Did you know that guy back there, were you racing him?"
I said, "No sir, I didn't know that guy." Which I really didn't...then I said, "We weren't racing. My engine was missing and I had it floored and then it stopped missing and I flew forward." This was a complete lie. The car was running just fine, in fact it burnt out when shifting into second.
He bought it though! He clocked me at 53 or so and gave me a ticket for 45 in a 35. It was only $15.

That's my little close incounter with a cop.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You did order the blow-up version [align=center]Didn't you ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Son Of A B-----, busted again. [sm=innoc.gif][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 AM

Wow...I must be a real pric to the cops then, either that or these SoCal cops are A*Holes....I swear EVERY SINGLE TIME I get pulled over, I end up with a ticket, example: I was driving back to San Diego from Reno one time, I was going through Bishop, CA. had my cruise control set at 70.....it was a 65 MPH zone. I passed a cop that was in the process of pulling some one else over, he was about 10 yards in front of his car talking to his victim when I passed him....about 5 miles down the road I get pulled over by a DIFFERENT cop....he tells me that the cop up on the hill called me in and said I was going between 85 and 90.....which was a GUESS!!!!! because he wasn't even near his car....I tried to explain to the officer that I had my cruise control set...but he wouldn't have it....gave me a $210 ticket for doing 90 in a 65....

Here's another one....this is my favorite.

Driving through almost the same area, up by Mammouth and I get pulled over again....for speeding....when the cop came up to my window and asked if I knew how fast I was going my reply was: "Honestly...no...look...my speedometer is BROKEN" He looked...he saw it was broken...he knew I wasn't lying...I was doing my best to guess how fast I was going...this is what he tells me.... "That's no excuse, you should be using the mile markers on the road and a stop watch to figure out your speed" I was thinking...he can't possibly be serious....no FRIGGIN WAY is this dude serious....not only did I not have a watch, but I have no idea how to calculate my speed with that method, and if I did....I think it would be a little unsafe to be staring at a watch no? Guess what....I got a ticket anyway....what the heck am I doing wrong?

Quick Reply: Sorry Officer : (