Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Something Weird!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Something Weird!!

I went to get some more rounds yesterday for my 9MM and they were totally
out of everything except shotgun shells I also saw a friend of mine that was there he is a Marine and said they got a memo were the goverment is buying millions of rounds of ammo and I said are we going to war and silence! I think its the Zombies
Just weird though!!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
I went to get some more rounds yesterday for my 9MM and they were totally
out of everything except shotgun shells I also saw a friend of mine that was there he is a Marine and said they got a memo were the goverment is buying millions of rounds of ammo and I said are we going to war and silence! I think its the Zombies
Just weird though!!
Every where is low on AMMO! At the range...were restricted to only 1 box of rounds for practice!

I also can only get 1 box of AMMO to take home a day from the range...
Its the New Gov. regulations... I spoke to a cpl fellas in the Gun Range (employees)....
Jokeingly I said... Is there a Revolution on the Rise? ... They kinda shrugged there shoulders ... and turned away! As if to say they know something...But, there sure not telling us!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I had to guess, I'd think stores are more worried about liability and bad publicity incase of another shooting spree. Have the new laws come into effect yet?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
If I had to guess, I'd think stores are more worried about liability and bad publicity incase of another shooting spree. Have the new laws come into effect yet?
Not in Michigan!... But greg made a post the other day about them makeing it a law in Missouri....

But 9mm,45mm seems to be the most popular Ammo... Thus the shortage and prolly due to up and comeing gun laws... Thanks to friggn Obama...

Thats why its best to start stocking up now...Before it becomes impossible to get! Like Prohabition... only for Ammo Now! Sheesh...

Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember Greg's post about Missouri. Just not sure about Louisiana and other states around Mel.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM

lol where've you been? this has been happening since december!

Sucks though doesn't it... don't get to go shooting as much anymore..

Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM

5 Year Member

Lizzy and I went shooting today...at the range. They are no longer renting 9mm or 45 cal. due to the Ammo shortage....

We did of course buy our 1 box a day rule Ammo.
Liz didnt fair as well today as hse normally does.... I made her not use the the lazer pointer in practice today. (which is built into the hand grip).
She takes her CPP class at the end of march. Dont know if she will be allowed to use the laser... So, I want her to be confident comfortable with out it... Naturally she was a bit envious of my skills today.... I just explained to her that I have many years of practice and use of fire arms (Handguns)...
I explained to her by the time her class gets here she shpould be well prepared for anything that comes her way.

We even went to walmarts for some cheap plink loads for her to pratice with... But they were out...

Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was able to get 2 boxs of 9mm ammo today

Old 02-18-2013, 07:18 PM

I don't own a handgun presently, so I don't look closely for that ammo, but I did look for rounds for my .30-30 the other day when I was out shopping for a new shotgun and I couldn't find any of those either. I could only find rounds for a .22 and shotgun shells.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 PM

9MM is out around here to. I found a couple of boxes at Walmart about a month ago and bought them. Pretty much all the handgun and .223 ammo is gone around here. I need to find some .223 for my AR15 but have had no luck. Not even online.

Wayne

Quick Reply: Something Weird!!