Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Something Weird!! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/something-weird-41507/)

Mels SS 02-18-2013 06:56 AM

Something Weird!!

I went to get some more rounds yesterday for my 9MM and they were totally
out of everything except shotgun shells I also saw a friend of mine that was there he is a Marine :flag: and said they got a memo were the goverment is buying millions of rounds of ammo and I said are we going to war and silence! I think its the Zombies :eek::eek::eek: :rotfl:
Just weird though!!

STUMPMI 02-18-2013 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mels SS (Post 529071)
I went to get some more rounds yesterday for my 9MM and they were totally
out of everything except shotgun shells I also saw a friend of mine that was there he is a Marine :flag: and said they got a memo were the goverment is buying millions of rounds of ammo and I said are we going to war and silence! I think its the Zombies :eek::eek::eek: :rotfl:
Just weird though!!

Every where is low on AMMO! At the range...were restricted to only 1 box of rounds for practice!:eek:

I also can only get 1 box of AMMO to take home a day from the range...
Its the New Gov. regulations... I spoke to a cpl fellas in the Gun Range (employees)....
Jokeingly I said... Is there a Revolution on the Rise? ... They kinda shrugged there shoulders ... and turned away! As if to say they know something...But, there sure not telling us!

Taz 02-18-2013 08:05 AM

If I had to guess, I'd think stores are more worried about liability and bad publicity incase of another shooting spree. Have the new laws come into effect yet?

STUMPMI 02-18-2013 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 529089)
If I had to guess, I'd think stores are more worried about liability and bad publicity incase of another shooting spree. Have the new laws come into effect yet?

Not in Michigan!... But greg made a post the other day about them makeing it a law in Missouri....

But 9mm,45mm seems to be the most popular Ammo... Thus the shortage and prolly due to up and comeing gun laws... Thanks to friggn Obama...:mad:

Thats why its best to start stocking up now...Before it becomes impossible to get! Like Prohabition... only for Ammo Now! Sheesh...:wtf:

Taz 02-18-2013 12:02 PM

I remember Greg's post about Missouri. Just not sure about Louisiana and other states around Mel.

milrlyt 02-18-2013 03:12 PM

lol where've you been? this has been happening since december!

Sucks though doesn't it... don't get to go shooting as much anymore..

STUMPMI 02-18-2013 03:53 PM

Lizzy and I went shooting today...at the range. They are no longer renting 9mm or 45 cal. due to the Ammo shortage....

We did of course buy our 1 box a day rule Ammo.;)
Liz didnt fair as well today as hse normally does.... I made her not use the the lazer pointer in practice today. (which is built into the hand grip).
She takes her CPP class at the end of march. Dont know if she will be allowed to use the laser... So, I want her to be confident comfortable with out it... Naturally she was a bit envious of my skills today.... I just explained to her that I have many years of practice and use of fire arms (Handguns)...
I explained to her by the time her class gets here she shpould be well prepared for anything that comes her way.

We even went to walmarts for some cheap plink loads for her to pratice with... But they were out...:thumbsdown:

Mels SS 02-18-2013 07:10 PM

I was able to get 2 boxs of 9mm ammo today

Mike 00LS 02-18-2013 07:18 PM

I don't own a handgun presently, so I don't look closely for that ammo, but I did look for rounds for my .30-30 the other day when I was out shopping for a new shotgun and I couldn't find any of those either. I could only find rounds for a .22 and shotgun shells.

70monte1 02-18-2013 08:26 PM

9MM is out around here to. I found a couple of boxes at Walmart about a month ago and bought them. Pretty much all the handgun and .223 ammo is gone around here. I need to find some .223 for my AR15 but have had no luck. Not even online.

Wayne