Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Some old pics of my monte

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Some old pics of my monte

Was going through some of my oldest digital pictures- doing a little collage project for someone. Came across some of the oldest pics I have of my monte- and figured it would be neat to post them up. Crazy how much stuff has changed. I do have some older pictures- but they're all on regular film. I really should scan them in one day. Most of these pics are from either my senior year of high school, or freshman year of college- so try not to laugh at some of the 'mods'.

Anyways, though others would be interested to see...

Some pictures at the park where I got my senior pictures taken:

Big time mods- HAI:

2nd version of the amp rack:

Custom fit 6.5"s:

Fire extinguisher- just in case (its lit by an underbody neon tube that ran along the crack of the lower seat cushion):

Version 2 of the system (first was the same box, but running the Earthquake subs off an 1100d):

Painted white calipers (bad idea w/ brake dust staining and such):

New streetglow blue tinted headlight bulbs:

Various neon pics (obviously I was a neon nut in high school):

Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 AM
15 Year Member

Not enough power gain with the HAI- so I added the heat shield and ram air, lol:

One of the only digital pics I have of it with the wing (I removed it after about a month to get it painted along with the rear panel- and the deal fell through). The spoiler never went back on.

Couple buddies from high school at the same park as up top:

Other random shots:

Funny looking back at how much has been changed...

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 05-30-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Soooooooooooo glad it doesn't look like that anymore

Old 05-30-2010, 11:47 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Soooooooooooo glad it doesn't look like that anymore
That's what I think is funny- nowadays, that would immediately be called rice, no question. Back then- around the time of the first F&F movie, everyone was doing neons and vinyl, that was the big thing at the time. Heck, even the local muscle and classic car guys were doing underbody neons back then.

Plus, that was back before plus sizing rims was a big thing. I remember hearing about people with SUV's doing 20" wheels, and I thought doing a +1 on a car was a pretty big thing (going from a 15" to a 16", lol).

Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 AM

Wow, lots has changed for sure, kudos on the exhaust tips and wing!
Those should definitely go back on :P :P
Around here the F&F theme still hangs around lol

Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
That's what I think is funny- nowadays, that would immediately be called rice, no question. Back then- around the time of the first F&F movie, everyone was doing neons and vinyl, that was the big thing at the time. Heck, even the local muscle and classic car guys were doing underbody neons back then.

Plus, that was back before plus sizing rims was a big thing. I remember hearing about people with SUV's doing 20" wheels, and I thought doing a +1 on a car was a pretty big thing (going from a 15" to a 16", lol).
It is rice! Back then when the first F&F came out and people were imitating those cars, it was rice then and it's still rice now. Plus sizing rims was a big thing way before your car was ever built, haha. I can remember back in 88 when I bought my 89 Civic that the big thing back then was getting big rims on low profile tires...and back then 50 series tires were the sh*t! And big rims, for a Civic, were 15" and 16", LOL. I wasn't a baller so I ended up getting some 15" Sendel 5 star rims on BFGoodrich 50 series tires and thought I was the ****!

Old 05-30-2010, 01:33 PM
15 Year Member

It is rice! Back then when the first F&F came out and people were imitating those cars, it was rice then and it's still rice now.
I just meant it was more acceptable back just before and then just after the first movie came out. All the local car shows- people were doing the body kits and vinyl and such. Now, it seems that anybody does any vinyl, or any full body kit- and they get immediately flamed for it.

Plus sizing rims was a big thing way before your car was ever built, haha. I can remember back in 88 when I bought my 89 Civic that the big thing back then was getting big rims on low profile tires...and back then 50 series tires were the sh*t! And big rims, for a Civic, were 15" and 16", LOL. I wasn't a baller so I ended up getting some 15" Sendel 5 star rims on BFGoodrich 50 series tires and thought I was the ****!
By that, I meant really going up in size. When I got my 16"s, most people with cars in high school were rocking either 16"s or 17"s- it was unheard of around my area to be sticking 20"s on cars back then. I wish I would've left the stock hubcaps on a few more years- I probably would've went with a more simple 18" and not wasted the money.

I remember when I was first looking at wheels- the ones I really wanted were the Arelli Assasyns:

I absolutely loved the look of the couple guys that had them in high school in 18" versions on their S10's. They had some crazy backorder on them though (don't know if they even made a lug pattern that ift anyways).

Old 05-30-2010, 02:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW!!! What a diff.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:52 PM

All I know is that your car has come a long way and I'd be proud to drive it now.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:29 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

All I know is that your car has come a long way and I'd be proud to drive it now.
I'd just like to own a '98 or '99 Monte.

Quick Reply: Some old pics of my monte