Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Is this a sign never to do this again?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I play the lottery daily, $2 a day, same number(4 digit) everyday for about the last ten years. I know if I added it all up and saved it I'd have about $7300. I did hit my number straight for $5000 which was pretty sweet for only spending $2 that day and I have hit it is boxed atleast 7-8 other time for $200 each time. I don't think that is all that bad for me. Of the $5000 I did win I put $4000 on a previous vehicle as a down payment, my number will most likely not hit again, but if it does and I didn't play it I would be pretty po'd, that is my lottery story. I need a smoke, see ya

Old 03-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
I play the lottery daily, $2 a day, same number(4 digit) everyday for about the last ten years. I know if I added it all up and saved it I'd have about $7300. I did hit my number straight for $5000 which was pretty sweet for only spending $2 that day and I have hit it is boxed atleast 7-8 other time for $200 each time. I don't think that is all that bad for me. Of the $5000 I did win I put $4000 on a previous vehicle as a down payment, my number will most likely not hit again, but if it does and I didn't play it I would be pretty po'd, that is my lottery story. I need a smoke, see ya
CHRIS lets all guess # 3 8 3 1 I believe I will begin playing those exact numbers in the Penn lottery myself.....You know the storys I love are the ones where the retired banker stopped to get gas and decided to accept a couple quick picks in leu of change an wins the multi million pay out..blows me out how that happens.... I have a coworker who plays the same numbers weekly as well Chris and the weeks when it's a really big payout he doubles up in case someone else happens to play the same as he and they hit...he gets the bigger share!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 07:56 PM

its cardboard crack simply put.

so you say youve invested more then you won, but the fun is in the risk. though it be small daily the outcome for you was great that one day. most ppl only play the lottery when it hits 100 million. thats when your odds are the worst.

oh ya 50 dollar win, when you spent 50 dollars. hope your had fun scrathing.

the lottery is for the birds, they are a very lucrative business thats been around for quite a while. they kill more trees than the treasury. i dont support that.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by mak330
its cardboard crack simply put.

so you say youve invested more then you won, but the fun is in the risk. though it be small daily the outcome for you was great that one day. most ppl only play the lottery when it hits 100 million. thats when your odds are the worst.

oh ya 50 dollar win, when you spent 50 dollars. hope your had fun scrathing.

the lottery is for the birds, they are a very lucrative business thats been around for quite a while. they kill more trees than the treasury. i dont support that.
How green of you

Old 03-13-2010, 08:55 PM

lol im just a regular 23 year old al gore.

theres a sucker born every day and i dont plan on become one.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
15 Year Member

Tim, 3831 is not the number I play daily, but I did win some money playing keno with that set of numbers before! all I can say is I won 5 grand and I did put it to good use for me, say what you want, I don't care, I was freaking happy when I won!!

Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 PM

dont even get me started on keno. im thinking of getting a keno machine for my friends garage. lol it sounds amazing on paper and i saw one of my co-workers win 2 grand off 6 bucks on his first try, but the money to be made on those machines is absolutly worth the initial cost. i dont know if you have to have a business license to get one though.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
CHRIS lets all guess # 3 8 3 1 I believe I will begin playing those exact numbers in the Penn lottery myself.....You know the storys I love are the ones where the retired banker stopped to get gas and decided to accept a couple quick picks in leu of change an wins the multi million pay out..blows me out how that happens.... I have a coworker who plays the same numbers weekly as well Chris and the weeks when it's a really big payout he doubles up in case someone else happens to play the same as he and they hit...he gets the bigger share!!!!
A group of city workers from Piqua, OH hit the lottery last year. Those who did not put their money in the pot were not included in the winnings. Afterall, they didn't play. And..... they sued. Not once but at least twice. They wanted their cut of the winnings. It drove a wedge between long term friends to the point some don't even speak to each other any more. Sad.

The thread began discussing scratch offs and lotterys which I believe is just another program created by state goverments ( most of which out law gambling until they find ways to tax it ) with the huge sign saying it.s for the kids!!!! were going to fund the school systems and give the public relief from high taxation. but instead of being additional funding for the schools it became a replacement fund and the original funding found it's way into further goverment waste.. in the meantime the majority of the public buying these dreams of a better life are the lower income who need to put the money to better use. like getting anykind of trainning that could help them get a better paying job or carreer so they can join the rest of the tax paying public...
Vegas, Reno or Atlantic City , horse track or Indian gamming are all forms of adult entertainment a get away or reward you treat yourself too with cash put away for that purpose......lotterys have become the same as tobbaco to the states...they kill the lower class and provide states with tax revenue
Yeah the lottery here in Ohio started out as a "It's for the schools in the state."
But that went away a long time ago. They still claim like 15% still get's to the schools. But I have my doubts.
And you always hear the stories, "I stopped at the gas station and bought $5 worth of lottery tickets with my last $5 and I won the mega millions."

Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 PM

People waste money everyday. Everyone works hard for their money and has a right to do what they want with it. Be smart and have fun.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 PM
15 Year Member

like I said, $5000 dollars and I was happy! I was sitting here watching when my number hit and was like wtf, sweet and I knew I was in need of a newer car so that was part of a down payment for me. so all in all it was good for me!!!

Quick Reply: Is this a sign never to do this again?