Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: > Should pot be legal & taxed ?
Yes 4-Sure
76.00%
No - No - No
24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

> Should pot be legal & taxed ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I say just legalize it, regulate it, create a few jobs, make some money from taxes, and enjoy to those of you who use it I still probably wouldn't try it though. I have no time or money for drugs, never have and probably never will.

There will be bad things that result from legalizing it but their will also be negative things that result from keeping it illegal. Just depends on how our government attempts to regulate it.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 11-19-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
I'd rather hang out with people that are high on pot rather than people that are drunk...

Stumpmi, sounds like your siblings just have no self control - no offense. Driving after being intoxicated in any form is just stupid. Smoking all day, or drinking all day for that matter, is stupid. Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on alcohol?
Both of my parents died from alcoholism...
So, social drinking im ok with...

But drinking and driveing totally sucks...

A 19 yr old girl driveing drunk...hit me and my wife on our 1 month old new harley...resulted in killing my wife of 10 yrs instantly....Caused me to be an above knee amputee..with a closed head injury..broken right leg in 2 places...shattered both my hips and pelvis broke my right leg in 2 places shattered both hands and wrists....I died 2 times! spent 6 weeks in a coma..and spent 2 1/2 yrs in rehab...Learning to walk and talk again...

So, my thoughts on alcohol?
Not so much!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 11-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Holy **** man I hope that 19 year old got prison time for that!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No, thy shouldn't legalize it. nothing would change no body would buy it from a store especially with how much the states will sell it for.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Holy **** man I hope that 19 year old got prison time for that!
Actually shes never been seen....with all I went thru...between death, coma, and rehab....She just disappeared!....
Skippd out on her court dates..according to my family and attorneys...

I can only imagine how she disappearred..a lot of my rideing buddys...were truly po'd...

Did I mention...she only had alstate PL PD coverage and was on welfare?
Needless to say...its been 15 yrs since that tragic day, and im still lookn for her!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

What is the purpose of legalizing marijuana? It's illegal for a reason, once you get addicted it negatively effects your judgement and various other things.

Just like alcohol, it's not legal until you're 21 and it's illegal to drink large amounts and operate certain things or be in public.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I dont think it could be monitored effectively and I wouldn't want someone driving a truck, flying a plane or doing surgery a few hours after smoking a Joint. Maybe they should legalize it tho then the smart people who don't smoke that crap will have the advantage

Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 PM

It's a lot like alcohol, there are those who are responsible with it and there are those who are idiots.

Fact is, decriminalizing marijuana will reduce jail & prison overcrowding tremendously and our police forces can focus their time on far worse crimes. Quite possibly the most important factor in legalizing it. It can also bring more money into the economy, from which we would benefit greatly. As long as it's regulated and enforced properly, I see more of a benefit than a setback.

And I've never tried it, nor do I want to.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Actually shes never been seen....with all I went thru...between death, coma, and rehab....She just disappeared!....
Skippd out on her court dates..according to my family and attorneys...

I can only imagine how she disappearred..a lot of my rideing buddys...were truly po'd...

Did I mention...she only had alstate PL PD coverage and was on welfare?
Needless to say...its been 15 yrs since that tragic day, and im still lookn for her!
Wow man that's a bunch of bull. I would think that drunk underage driving and manslaughter would keep somebody on a tight rope, incarcerated, SOMETHING... Guess not... If I can help you in your search man hit me up and I'll see if I can dig anything up. Although I know it must be difficult even talking about it to this day. My thoughts are with you man, stay strong and keep a positive attitude.

Mitch, look up Harry J. Anslinger. He was the head of the Bureau of Narcotics, and his files stated the following:

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”

While I respect your opinion that it should be illegal, I just want you to know why it is. Racism and the production of hemp materials would've damaged wood sales/uses. If marijuana is to remain illegal, alcohol should be as well. Hell, they should make tobacco illegal while they're at it. My opinion is this: make it legal because people are gonna use it anyway, at least make some money off it - the federal government is WASTING TONS OF MONEY prosecuting the users, even though it's much less dangerous than alcohol.

Off the soapbox now

Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Wow man that's a bunch of bull. I would think that drunk underage driving and manslaughter would keep somebody on a tight rope, incarcerated, SOMETHING... Guess not... If I can help you in your search man hit me up and I'll see if I can dig anything up. Although I know it must be difficult even talking about it to this day. My thoughts are with you man, stay strong and keep a positive attitude.

Mitch, look up Harry J. Anslinger. He was the head of the Bureau of Narcotics, and his files stated the following:

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”

While I respect your opinion that it should be illegal, I just want you to know why it is. Racism and the production of hemp materials would've damaged wood sales/uses. If marijuana is to remain illegal, alcohol should be as well. Hell, they should make tobacco illegal while they're at it. My opinion is this: make it legal because people are gonna use it anyway, at least make some money off it - the federal government is WASTING TONS OF MONEY prosecuting the users, even though it's much less dangerous than alcohol.

Off the soapbox now
All very good points. Regardless, people will abuse alcohol and weed, and many other things. Illegal or legal, people will find a way.

I can see a few risks with legalizing it though, it won't be easily monitored, and if they really did try, it would probably end up costing more than it would generate via taxes. Also, I could see a lot of "crazies" being more likely to rob places that sell it, so I see an increase in crime.

I have yet to witness a violent "high" person though, then again, I've rarely encountered people under the influence of marijuana. I've just seen a lot of terrible things result from alcohol, so I would prefer stricter regulation on that over weed.

Quick Reply: > Should pot be legal & taxed ?