Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: September 2020 Check in here even New Members!! Post what your are working on

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 11:20 PM

It's been a pretty quite summer for myself. With covid canceled most events I pretty much worked and sat home most of the year. My job went from being a laborer to a Covid cop at work and now I back being a laborer. Work has me traveling out to New York for a month starting in a few days. It will be my first trip to that region. My car has been plaguing me with different issues this summer first it was the transmission and now that's fixed the engine ended up breaking a ring or atleast that's what I believe. As always it a 3rd time for everything I do. Hope all the members are staying safe and healthy.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
It's been a pretty quite summer for myself. With covid canceled most events I pretty much worked and sat home most of the year. My job went from being a laborer to a Covid cop at work and now I back being a laborer. Work has me traveling out to New York for a month starting in a few days. It will be my first trip to that region. My car has been plaguing me with different issues this summer first it was the transmission and now that's fixed the engine ended up breaking a ring or atleast that's what I believe. As always it a 3rd time for everything I do. Hope all the members are staying safe and healthy.
Crazy times we live in today. Stay safe. In New York wear 2 masks, Lol
back in 2012 I worked in New Jersey for 7 months and what an experience that was.
When April of 2013 came around the Team leader that I had said I have been asked to send 3 people home. When He pointed at me I got up and Hugged him.
The other 2 guys didn't want to leave but they were not performing.
I was the former team leader and went to a different area and then came back they reorganized so many times they could justify not getting anything done. Lol

Old 09-28-2020, 01:13 PM

Well, black car is still at the body shop/painter's -- he had some interruptions in the middle so it took him longer than he thought; I hope he remembers everything I told him because I forgot to leave the list. It was a bigger job than he thought at first so I think he is afraid to give me the bill, but my grandfather told me to always expect a cost overrun of 20% on any job, and he was a wise man. Also, I always expect things to be more difficult and costly than they appear. I still want to get red car inspect-able/registered before winter, and there are several steps to that. I did it all backwards, because if I had had the red car fixed first (much smaller job), I could be driving it while waiting on black car. And black car still needs a tune-up and a few other things like radio fix. And who knows what else. So wish me luck.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by RedandBlackSS
Well, black car is still at the body shop/painter's -- he had some interruptions in the middle so it took him longer than he thought; I hope he remembers everything I told him because I forgot to leave the list. It was a bigger job than he thought at first so I think he is afraid to give me the bill, but my grandfather told me to always expect a cost overrun of 20% on any job, and he was a wise man. Also, I always expect things to be more difficult and costly than they appear. I still want to get red car inspect-able/registered before winter, and there are several steps to that. I did it all backwards, because if I had had the red car fixed first (much smaller job), I could be driving it while waiting on black car. And black car still needs a tune-up and a few other things like radio fix. And who knows what else. So wish me luck.
It seems like most of the projects worth doing always have a cost overrun. After it is done is when you can appreciate it.