Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Seeing other Monte owners on the roads.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 02:38 AM

Well on the HighWay I always tap the horn when I see another nice Monte or a head nod at the light. A few weeks ago Grandpa & Grandma tapped the horn while I was passing them on the HighWay !

Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

They stare at mine lol I don't blame em either my monte gets me a bunch of attention

Old 06-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Met up with an 04 Intimidator edition while driving yesterday. He was a couple cars behind me. When traffic in the other lane cleared up, he changed lanes and gunned it to catch up with me. After exchanging compliments, we went our separate ways.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I rarely see other Montes on the road in my area.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I rarely see other Montes on the road in my area.
I'm the same way. There aren't hardly montes out here at all, not sure why. I see a moderate number of 6th gens, but virtually no 5th gens- and almost nothing of the older ones obviously. On top of that, most all the ones I see are just normal stock cars with nothing done. I've seen maybe 1 modded 5th gen, and maybe 3 or 4 modded 6th gens (I mean we're counting wheels and tint as 'modded' here too). There is a little of a GP scene, so I tend to see more of them than anything.

I've been DD'ing the Impala for a little while due to my long commute- so people in modded cars don't really pay any attention anyways. When I do see nice cars, I usually just gawk a bit- I don't give people the thumbs up or anything- just a head nod if they make eye contact- but since most of my driving doesn't involve stoplights, its not like I could roll down the window and say anything anyways. I feel weird walking up to random people at gas stations and such too- unless its something stupid crazy (saw an SLR McLaren Mercedes once, and a Lambo Diablo once)- I don't go over and bother the person.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 PM

Everyone in my neck of the woods has an inability to understand what kind of awesomeness they are driving. So I get random looks when I randomly wave at people driving montes without knowing them.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Drove next to a Monte Carlo on the way to Nats, he didn't even turn his head to look at me at a stop light. I was going to shout, ON YOUR WAY TO THE NATIONALS?! (which he was) but I didn't get the light of day from him and his older Monte

Old 06-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
I'm the same way. There aren't hardly montes out here at all, not sure why. I see a moderate number of 6th gens, but virtually no 5th gens- and almost nothing of the older ones obviously. On top of that, most all the ones I see are just normal stock cars with nothing done. I've seen maybe 1 modded 5th gen, and maybe 3 or 4 modded 6th gens (I mean we're counting wheels and tint as 'modded' here too). There is a little of a GP scene, so I tend to see more of them than anything.

I've been DD'ing the Impala for a little while due to my long commute- so people in modded cars don't really pay any attention anyways. When I do see nice cars, I usually just gawk a bit- I don't give people the thumbs up or anything- just a head nod if they make eye contact- but since most of my driving doesn't involve stoplights, its not like I could roll down the window and say anything anyways. I feel weird walking up to random people at gas stations and such too- unless its something stupid crazy (saw an SLR McLaren Mercedes once, and a Lambo Diablo once)- I don't go over and bother the person.

Around Windsor, the Monte scene is like this:

There's mostly 6th gens (2000-2005), unmodded except for maybe window tint. And for some reason, most of them are women who appear to be 50+. (not judging, just giving the general demographic I noticed around here)

There are very few 7th gens (2006 & 2007). But there's a lot of Impalas around here. And the 7th gen Montes, from the front, tend to mix easily and get mistaken for an Impala until you see it from the side. The 7th gens never sold well around here. Many GM dealerships had new 07 SS Monte's sitting on the lot well into 2009. They ultimately got loaded onto car carriers and taken away, never sold.

There's a fair number of 5th gens. Popular with college aged students. And why not? They're super affordable, have tons of room inside, and are pretty good on gas.

4th gens are a close second in popularity around here. If combine 4th gen Montes, and the same years of Olds Cutlass's, those two would dominate the popularity. Unfortunately, most of these cars are suffering from bad customizations. Nothing drastic like turning them into monster trucks or anything like that. I mean bad custom paint jobs, and graphics. One 4th gen Monte had a rattle-can paint job (peeling in spots) with a bunch of dollar bill decals all over it. No it did not have 22" rims. The rims were stock.

As for gens 1 ot 3, there are a few. But not many. There was a second gen not too far away from my house that was 100% original. But it was deteriorating, and not being cared for. It was someone's daily driver. But the paint was all faded and chipped, driver's door sagging to the point where it wouldn't close properly. It made a car guy want to cry. The last time I saw it, the guy was loading his furniture into it and using it for a moving van. Havn't seen it since.

Windsor (and area) has a huge Neon club. They have weekly meets, and get huge turn outs. Mostly 16-25 year olds.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Ussually I'm in my other car when I see the monte (Or vice versa)

When I am in the right car, I ussually look over and it's an "Older Folk" most don't even look over or realize we have the same car...I even have my monte "Giggle" at them when I can to get there attention and still no dice.

When I do see modded ones I always give a thumbs up...best time to get someones attention is at bigger shows in passing (GM Nationals, Ocean City etc.)

As for montes and girls, two of my exs had montes (One White and One Red) it was fun to pull into a show together and park next to each other, but alass they did not pan out, so I'm probably done with Monte chicks for a while....although if one did pull up next to me and strike up a conversation, that could probably change quickly...lol...

Joe

Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Oh yeah and in regards to the female members here, on some other boards they give the female members pink user names to decipher them, but that may also bring out the "leg humpers"...just an fyi to help keep track lol.

Joe

Quick Reply: Seeing other Monte owners on the roads.