Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Seeing other Monte owners on the roads.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
1 Year Member
Default Seeing other Monte owners on the roads.

Today I was stopped at a light (pole position! ) with another Monte owner. His looked similar to mine, so I look over at him and he looks at me and I give him the Then we spent the next minute miming stuff back and forth before we went our separate ways (him: call me? me: no thanks man. him: CALL ME me: nah... him: CALL ME. CALL ME. CALL ME. me: *wave*).

What happens when you meet up with another Monte owner on a road or stoplight? Do you do stupid stuff like me or just admire their car from afar?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 PM

I would have to day just admire it. Since we have normal everyday cars, most people would probably think you are a wierdo. Now if the car is modded and spotless, then it is cool!

Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 PM

I had a red 98 pull up nect to me at a red light once. He has american racing wheels, a sunroof, a sound system, and a power steering whine.

I looked over at him and he looked back at mine and started laughing telling me mine wasn't a real z34 for the "not dual tip mufflers" no sunroof and chrome z34 badges.

Before I could retaliate, the light turned green and he took off and I got stuck behiind an old buick.

Most of the time, I get "nice monte" and the like, that was just a bad experiance.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Depends on whos driving the other Monte. Somtimes they will look over and smile and throw a thumbs up other times they are totaly not gear heads and appear to look stright ahead as though they have tunnel vision

Last edited by Tadcaster; 06-24-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:23 PM
1 Year Member

If only he knew how popular you are on here Augi :p

Usually the Montes I see around here are not stock. There's at least something modded about them. Usually it's tires and wheels bigger than me, but... well... it catches the eye, I guess. At least they're proud of their car.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Everyone always comments on mine at gas stations and what not, telling me how they think mine is nice and the newer ones look great. Most of the time their Monte is newer than mine lol

Old 06-24-2011, 02:38 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Today I was stopped at a light (pole position! ) with another Monte owner. His looked similar to mine, so I look over at him and he looks at me and I give him the Then we spent the next minute miming stuff back and forth before we went our separate ways (him: call me? me: no thanks man. him: CALL ME me: nah... him: CALL ME. CALL ME. CALL ME. me: *wave*).

What happens when you meet up with another Monte owner on a road or stoplight? Do you do stupid stuff like me or just admire their car from afar?
LOL! I have never had a dude want me to call him. I am not an attractive woman though. You could have been driving a rusty 1993 Ford Probe and he probably would have done the same.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:43 PM

How do you guys think i picked up my fiance lol at a gas station he had the 97 Z34 i own now, thats when i owned my 95 Z34. If it wasnt for a monte carlo i dont think we would've ever met each other. I always check out other montes ( not many around here)

Old 06-24-2011, 02:47 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Everyone always comments on mine at gas stations and what not, telling me how they think mine is nice and the newer ones look great. Most of the time their Monte is newer than mine lol
That may be because yours IS really good looking.

You could have been driving a rusty 1993 Ford Probe and he probably would have done the same.
I... well... probably. Fortunately it doesn't always end that way though! Sometimes I get appreciative looks to my Monte. At least that's what I want to believe.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by montechick
How do you guys think i picked up my fiance lol at a gas station he had the 97 Z34 i own now, thats when i owned my 95 Z34. If it wasnt for a monte carlo i dont think we would've ever met each other. I always check out other montes ( not many around here)

Wow, no joke? That's really neat!

Quick Reply: Seeing other Monte owners on the roads.