Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Say Hello To Summer (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/say-hello-summer-28749/)

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 11:43 AM

I think the MOMOs should look good. They are very simple like the curves on the sides.

Just don't put the Bullitt wheels on it, there's WAY too many like that.

At least you have a good look for winter and summer wheels :thumbsup:

Space 06-08-2011 11:44 AM

Hi Ted,
I do like the Mustang Wheels, but I really think your Black Rim's will make it yours + a one of a kind Mustang (which is good : ). Now how about Exhaust & Intake ? + + + + $'s : )
Will be looking forward to your updated pic's, plus your review on power/handling/MPG's etc....

I'm glad I checked back in 2day....I really love happy News, and to see Member's getting their dream ride...(No matter what make or model : ) ~> EnJoy 4-Sure...:thumbsup:

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 11:47 AM

Thanks guys. As I said, I'll stick around. And I'm thinking that the wheels will look good too.

As far as exhaust, I've been looking at Dynomax stainless steel cat-back systems and intake either a K&N drop-in filter or an Airaid CAI.

myfirstbowtie 06-08-2011 12:15 PM

How'd you get 5 years of free maintenance on the new Mustang? I know some car companies are doing that... I think VW does... but I didn't think Ford offered that on their new cars.

Didn't you want a 6 speed manual? I really miss having a manual transmission, though my last car didn't have one either (wasn't available on the trim I chose). I assume your new Mustang has that "My Color" feature that lets you change the color of the dash illumination?

The nice thing about the new Mustang is that you've got lots of options for aftermarket parts already out there. Just take a look at some of the videos for exhaust systems on YouTube for the 2011 Mustang (I know yours is a 2012). I kind of like the Flowmaster "American Thunder" axle-back system for the Mustang V6: YouTube - ‪Flowmaster 2011 V6 Mustang Axle-back Exhaust System‬‏
Borla has a pretty good video of different exhaust options for the V6 too: YouTube - ‪BORLA Exhaust for the 2011 Mustang V6‬‏

Looking forward to see what you do with your new toy. :)

milrlyt 06-08-2011 12:19 PM

Beautiful car, but yeah, why an automatic? Those things need to be driven!

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie (Post 331423)
How'd you get 5 years of free maintenance on the new Mustang? I know some car companies are doing that... I think VW does... but I didn't think Ford offered that on their new cars.

Didn't you want a 6 speed manual? I really miss having a manual transmission, though my last car didn't have one either (wasn't available on the trim I chose). I assume your new Mustang has that "My Color" feature that lets you change the color of the dash illumination?

The nice thing about the new Mustang is that you've got lots of options for aftermarket parts already out there. Just take a look at some of the videos for exhaust systems on YouTube for the 2011 Mustang (I know yours is a 2012). I kind of like the Flowmaster "American Thunder" axle-back system for the Mustang V6: YouTube - ‪Flowmaster 2011 V6 Mustang Axle-back Exhaust System‬‏
Borla has a pretty good video of different exhaust options for the V6 too: YouTube - ‪BORLA Exhaust for the 2011 Mustang V6‬‏

Looking forward to see what you do with your new toy. :)

Thanks. I was able to get it because I was refusing the extended warranty. He asked me if I would like it if they added free maintenance on top for no extra up front cost, so I went with it. It's nothing something Ford is offering, but the dealer I was working with did.
I wasn't set on any transmission choice, but I did prefer the automatic. This car is going to my DD and driven in the winter as well. I didn't want the hassle. It's not that I can't drive it, but if I want to shift myself I'll jump in the Chevelle.
The car does have MyColor, and it's awesome! lol I really haven't played around with it yet though, same with SYNC. I still have to read a bit and start hitting buttons. lol
As far as exhaust goes, I'm pretty set on the Dynomax 39507 Stainless cat-back. It can be had for $400, which is around the same price as most of the axle-back exhausts for the Mustang and on top of that, Dynomax is offering a $75 mail-in rebate until the end of August. A $325 SS cat-back sounds pretty sweet to me!
http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_detai...ang-3.7l-39507
http://www.dynomax.com/images/prod_imgs/39507.jpg
YouTube - ‪2011 V6 Mustang Dynomax Cat-Back Ultra Flow Exhaust‬‏
YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang V6 Dynomax Exhaust‬‏
YouTube - ‪39507_V6_duals.avi‬‏

Originally Posted by milrlyt (Post 331424)
Beautiful car, but yeah, why an automatic? Those things need to be driven!

Thank you, and see above... Trust me. It'll get driven, just like your I'm sure your automatic Monte does.

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 12:43 PM

I would want my DD to be an automatic myself.

Especially if I had a Chevelle Weekend Warrior!!!

Jon 06-08-2011 12:47 PM

Congrats on the Buy.
I still want a Mustang myself...but i want alot of things. lol
Unfortunately that Beautiful Monte is gone and i hope it finds an owner that will care for it like you did.

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 331434)
I would want my DD to be an automatic myself.

Especially if I had a Chevelle Weekend Warrior!!!

Thank you. I 100% agree.

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 331435)
Congrats on the Buy.
I still want a Mustang myself...but i want alot of things. lol
Unfortunately that Beautiful Monte is gone and i hope it finds an owner that will care for it like you did.

Thank you! I hope it finds a really good owner as well. Here's hoping. Maybe they'll even find there way here. I'd like that.

Sparky-88 06-08-2011 01:03 PM

Congrat's on the new ride. Very sweet! I had the chance to drive one a few weeks ago and was heartily impressed with both performance and gas mileage. I achieved high 20's over 300+ miles of city/highway driving. Much better than I was expecting.

Enjoy! (Like I even have to say that...)